Re-entry permit

Post from Axel, moved to here by Admin.

----

A compliment. It's nice to see so lively discussions on so many different subjects. On many questions, btw, it would not be necessary to ask, your home page has got most of the rules written down. How to follow or overcome them, is a different matter.

Just a question. I leave Thailand this afternoon and am supposed to come back on 5th around 11:00 p.m. My re-entry expires on 5th. Immigration-ofc is closed on 6+7th so I can apply for an extension of Visa (Non-Imm :o and re-entry on 8th, only. This question is rethorical since I decided to rush back 4th and be at the immigration office on Friday morning. I do not want the hassle to explain, that in fact I returned one hour b4 the re-entry expired

Just a question. I leave Thailand this afternoon and am supposed to come back on 5th around 11:00 p.m. My re-entry expires on 5th. Immigration-ofc is closed on 6+7th so I can apply for an extension of Visa (Non-Imm :o and re-entry on 8th, only. This question is rethorical since I decided to rush back 4th and be at the immigration office on Friday morning. I do not want the hassle to explain, that in fact I returned one hour b4 the re-entry expired

Yes as long as your plane lands on time, you will enter the Kingdom on an existing re entry stamp on the last day it is valid. But then it expires along with your visa the next day. So at IMMIGRATION on the 8th you can maybe get lucky and pay a fine for overstay and be handed another extension or told to read the stamp in your passport and have to leave to get another visa from out of the country.

"EXTENSION OF STAY PERMITED UP TO 5 SEP 2003 HOLDER MUST LEAVE THE KINGDOM WITHIN THE DATE SPECIFIED HEREIN OFFENDERS WILL BE PROSECUTED"

You entered on a NON IMMIGRANT B VISA so I think they might give you another extension, then of course get another re entry stamp.

One thing is for sure, if you don't enter while that visa is valid then you will have a 30 day tourist visa stamp at the airport and have to start over.

Thanks for your comments. As said, I will cut short my trip and make sure to be 5th morning at the immigration office. Fully agreed, I do not want to lose my visa, which was extented for over 10 years by now.

"EXTENSION OF STAY PERMITED UP TO 5 SEP 2003 HOLDER MUST LEAVE THE KINGDOM WITHIN THE DATE SPECIFIED HEREIN OFFENDERS WILL BE PROSECUTED"

Thanks Husky and Dr. B. Interesting how a mind can be wrong. I read the quoted sentence for years, without really thinking I should be out by that date.

Anyway, just let you know, I came back on 4th midnight and got 5th morning extension until mid 2004.