Pattaya Festival Supermarket And Mall

craigrs

What supermarket (and mall) are you referring to? And where is it located. I doubt you mean the Central Festival Mall with Big C in the north end of Pattaya, which has been there for years.......

And has now changed its name to Central Center, dropping the "Festival" in favour of the new mall.

Very nice mall, and Supermarket.. make sure you bring tons of baht.. Your going to find things you want to buy ! :o

I bought some olives,great sandwich and a few other things..

you?

For sure bring tons of baht as everything costs 3 times more then anywhere else.

For sure bring tons of baht as everything costs 3 times more then anywhere else.

??

I am looking for a TV and the PowerBuy there is cheaper

than the ones in Tukcom and on Sukumvit :D

PS: For those who like "very big TV", the SAMSUNG shop in Central Festival

show a nice.... 63" TV HD ! :D ... for "only" 299.990 baht... :o

Very nice mall, and Supermarket.. make sure you bring tons of baht.. Your going to find things you want to buy ! :o

you?

Nonsense! The prices compare favourably with Foodland and Villa.

Here's an interesting comparison.

Norwegian smoked salmon (vacuum packed), 100 grams:

Villa = 95 baht

Central (new supermarket) = 130 baht

Foodland = 222 baht

All the yogurts, milk, cheeses etc were around the same prices as other supermarkets around town.

I'll sure you'll find more expensive items if you look around, but you'll find cheaper ones too.

Edited by tropo

you?

:D

you?

Villa = 95 baht

Central (new supermarket) = 130

Foodland = 222 baht

I buy in Tesco Lotus, Big C or Carrefour! :D

No they don't. Their whole roasted chicken was 260 baht. Villa last time I checked 140 or 160.

I saw those roasted chickens...they were huge and probably about double the weight of the Villa ones.

you?

Villa = 95 baht

Foodland = 222 baht

They are a far lower standard of supermarket and the selection of imported foods is small in comparison. It's not a valid comparison.

Personally I hate shopping at those 3 (especially Big C) even if prices are a bit lower. Each to their own.

you?

Villa = 95 baht

Foodland = 222 baht

They are a far lower standard of supermarket and the selection of imported foods is small in comparison. It's not a valid comparison.

Personally I hate shopping at those 3 (especially Big C) even if prices are a bit lower. Each to their own.

Why buy imported foods? Lots of rice and mangos available in Thailand!

Why buy imported foods? Lots of rice and mangos available in Thailand!

If only I could stay away from imported foods I've save a fortune, but I can't.

Back at home mangoes were seasonal, so they came as a treat at certain times of the year. In SE Asia they are always available so it's easy to get tired of them.

No they don't. Their whole roasted chicken was 260 baht. Villa last time I checked 140 or 160.

I saw those roasted chickens...they were huge and probably about double the weight of the Villa ones.

No bloody way are the birds twice as big. You have stock in this joint? I tell you they are overpriced. Compare even the cereals to Villa.

There is a market for the elite in the US called Whole Earth which people call Whole Paycheck because it takes your whole paycheck to shop there. Perhaps we should call the Central Food Hall the Central Money Hole.

Edited by Jingthing

Yeah, I've been here in Thailand for 12 years and I've noticed the chickens in Pattaya are getting larger every year!

Yeah, I've been here in Thailand for 12 years and I've noticed the chickens in Pattaya are getting larger every year!

What a stupid comment! Chickens vary in size depending on age...or is that a concept you cannot grasp?

No bloody way are the birds twice as big. You have stock in this joint? I tell you they are overpriced. Compare even the cereals to Villa.

Do you have stocks in Villa?

I've bought the roasted chickens at Villa so I'm well aware of their comparitive sizes...and they tasted lousy too.

The birds I saw at the new supermarket were huge and well worth the extra money. Obviously you were looking at diffferent birds than the ones I saw. I actually made a comment to my gf how big they were.

What a stupid comment! Chickens vary in size depending on age...or is that a concept you cannot grasp?

I think he may have been refering to the two legged variety that congregate around various drinking establishments. :o

The food at the food court on the ground floor is cheap and very good .

I agree. The basement food court is now the best food court in Pattaya. I do wish they had made it twice as big though with twice as many food choices though.

Edited by Jingthing

Do you have stocks in Villa?

I've bought the roasted chickens at Villa so I'm well aware of their comparitive sizes...and they tasted lousy too.

The birds I saw at the new supermarket were huge and well worth the extra money. Obviously you were looking at diffferent birds than the ones I saw. I actually made a comment to my gf how big they were.

No stocks in Thailand at all. I buy my roasted chickens at Tesco and from the Thai street places. I don't shop anywhere exclusively, different places for different items. I will probably find some select items to buy at Central Money Hole that I can't get anywhere else (same reason I sometimes shop at Villa) but I am convinced an objective analysis with a basket of comparable foods will show it the most expensive in town, more expensive than Villa, and that took some doing.

Edited by Jingthing

There is a market for the elite in the US called Whole Earth which people call Whole Paycheck because it takes your whole paycheck to shop there. Perhaps we should call the Central Food Hall the Central Money Hole.

Hey Jing, if your going to quote a supermarket in the states at least get the name correct. The market you are referring to is called Whole Foods, and they are very good, and if it takes your whole pay check than you were not making too much money.

Barry

Hey Jing, if your going to quote a supermarket in the states at least get the name correct. The market you are referring to is called Whole Foods, and they are very good, and if it takes your whole pay check than you were not making too much money.

Barry

Believe it or not. I am not perfect! I hope you can handle the shock. I shopped there as well but only for select items. Thanks for the correction. Seriously, you never heard the Whole Paycheck joke? It was very common to hear that even from wealthy loyal shoppers there. It is the same kind of joke people make about Neiman Marcus (Needless Markup). Its just for fun but has a grain of truth in it. Don't act like that is not an elite market. The workers there can't afford to shop there and they are selling food, not fur coats or luxury cars.

BTW, during my visit to the Central Money Hole I did notice that the majority of the big shoppers there filling up their carts were THAIS. Still think double pricing is justified?

Anyway, how do you like my suggestion for the Central Food Hall?

Central Money Hole

Edited by Jingthing

I also use to shop their at Whole Foods for select items when I lived in Los Angeles. Their Cole slaw was very good. Everything in Pattaya is starting to get more expensive. I lived in Pattaya Soi Siam country Club for five yrs, but now live in korat for seven months. Time sure flies by quickly.

Barry

I am looking for a TV and the PowerBuy there is cheaper

than the ones in Tukcom and on Sukumvit :D

PS: For those who like "very big TV", the SAMSUNG shop in Central Festival

show a nice.... 63" TV HD ! :D ... for "only" 299.990 baht... :o

And I just bought a 32" LCD (Samsung) for 14,990 baht from PowerBuy. Great value for money I think.

No stocks in Thailand at all. I buy my roasted chickens at Tesco and from the Thai street places. I don't shop anywhere exclusively, different places for different items. I will probably find some select items to buy at Central Money Hole that I can't get anywhere else (same reason I sometimes shop at Villa) but I am convinced an objective analysis with a basket of comparable foods will show it the most expensive in town, more expensive than Villa, and that took some doing.

I don't need any convincing. I've shopped there twice already and the basket of items I purchased cost about the same as in Foodland where I normally shop. Of course we all know that Foodland is not the cheapest place in town, but it's where I normally shop and it's the shop I'm making my comparisons with.

....Plus of course there is the added bonus of finding items at the new store you won't find at Foodland...for instance oysters. They have containers of oysters for 40 baht...that's a pretty good deal.

They have sliced NZ beetroot too. Cannot find that at Foodland or Villa.

Perhaps you should actually try shopping there before you draw a final conclusion.

I think he may have been refering to the two legged variety that congregate around various drinking establishments. :o

I never have seen other then 2 legged ones.

I think he may have been refering to the two legged variety that congregate around various drinking establishments. :D

I never have seen other then 2 legged ones.

:o roasted or not?