Zzinged

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Casting the first stones there BBBK and Bard. :o

We both know of course that during the SSR rides we were behaving like good little boys keeping it legal and not ripping apart the mountain corners :D

The video looks to be speeded up a touch. The reactions to corners and the like are slightly beyond the normal limits of human perception etc etc.

Good tumbledown and recovery...:D

Yes Jim, what vid?

I never cast any stones??? so I have no idea what your aiming at :D well besides the pebbles the i have thrown on hilltribe chicks... :D

I am seriously pimping up my ride when I come home so yohoo :o

Cheers Bard

Yes Jim, what vid?

I never cast any stones??? so I have no idea what your aiming at :D well besides the pebbles the i have thrown on hilltribe chicks... :D

I am seriously pimping up my ride when I come home so yohoo :o

Cheers Bard

What video?

As in my 'speeded-up video' comment I meant the Ducati vs Bimota. That seemed slightly overcranked and speeded up.

By my casting stones remark;

I meant the impression and implication I got from Bards and BBBKK posts. This was that those two racers were out of order racing / riding like that on public roads. This I thought was strange considering when we rode on the SSR Epic ride it was hel_l for leather and don't spare the horses! Groove on!

If I am wrong in that thought then I'm sorry for twisting your noodles :D

I presonally don't think they were out of order and were just pushing their limits. I bust the speed limits on the Thai highways as much as Somchai in his pick-up, almost all big bikers do on sports bikes. Hence I'll 9 times out of 10 never have any problem with racers on public roads behaving like this.

Good to hear of Bard meaning his machine up :D

It's pretty bitchin' as it is and the pics should look interesting.

Casting the first stones there BBBK and Bard. :D

We both know of course that during the SSR rides we were behaving like good little boys keeping it legal and not ripping apart the mountain corners :D

The video looks to be speeded up a touch. The reactions to corners and the like are slightly beyond the normal limits of human perception etc etc.

Good tumbledown and recovery... :wai:

Yeah Jim... What's up dude? You still sore because you couldn't keep up on the SSR Ride? :P

Video looks sped up? :D First to cast stones?! :D

The SSR guys like to ride fast, but we weren't pushing it at all like the guys in the Ducati/Bimota vid.

I know my limits and do not push my limits on public roads. That's what tracks are for.

So mate, the vid just looks fast to you, and that's just a factor of your perception :o

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

The fact that the roads are on mountains in Thailand are the scary part. Need I remind you about... elephant pie? :o

(Nah just kidding... I love hating Thai roads!)

Edited by Zzinged

Agree here with Tony, we never pushed the limits on the SSR ride, we went maybe fast for some but slower than we could so there were no limits pushed really. If you judge the vdo I uploaded from the trip you can see we went in my opinion a suitable speed, if you compare it with the clip at the end from the track (which is NOT altered in speed) you can see a big difference in speed, lean angle etc. Track is for pushing the limits, roads you need a spare to work on when you need it. All you need to do is to see the video I uploaded on youtube and you can see my bike is coasting all the time on the road, on the track you see different speed and lean angle.

I do not think the video was speeded up, to be honest.

No worries Jim I don't mind your comment at all, but honestly we never pushed it on the ride. When I get home tag along to Bira when we practice and you can join if you like or just watch the guys on the track, there you will see us pushing the limits with knee down in the curves, you ride in 100% concentration and ability there. That is pushing it and that is something we don't do on the road, it might be pushing it for others and then they should do exactly what you did, hold back and find your own pace. Don't push yourself to keep up is smart, so well done.

Yes the bike is getting pimped up to suit me a bit more, I will do some pics of it when done. Hope it meets my own expectations.

CBR400 has its limits I guess :D

^ Actually, a CBR 400 should be the PERFECT bike for tearing up the twisty mountain roads of northern Thailand.

But that's assuming the rider has some basic skills... iconmotard2ka6.gif

<deleted> Mr Perfect Rider and listen.

My bikes 20 years old, has seen better days and is not a brand new machine that you rode out of the showroom the previous day.

Being Loaded to the gills with panniers and a tank bag also affects things.

I also enjoy scenery and not coffin riding into an early grave at 30.

Basic riding skills? If you wanna really have a shitslinging competition go right ahead.

That's coffin riding to keep up with your style and coming from someone who forgets that one of us (not me I was hanging back not showing basic skills obviously :o ) nearly killed himself on a hairpin bend. Not really his fault cause there were a ton of other factors.

But before you sling the shit remember who was that carryed your sht all the way up to Chiang Mai after your dodgy pannier mounts ripped apart.

Obviously my basic skills coming through again there eh? :D

So what if I can't get my lean on to the extent you can, I don't care and feel better riding at my own pace.

But then I guess you think in black and white.

But being a safe,boring rider doing 120 - 140 is my style not holding 180 to 200 kph for an age where a u turner could smash you to pieces before that shiny bike of yours could even begin to slow-down.

If that's showing basic skills then you can keep em'

Edited by JimsKnight

Travelmate you need a cam, definitely you do. Would be a lot of awesome showcases on the tube...

The trouble is I don't know where to start in terms of attaining stable clear video whilst riding a bike.

Any advice or suggestions? Willing to do a setup on my bike. I should be the perfect camera man. As I am able to move up & down the group with ease. Can do close ups of coolfusion's R1 pipes if needed. :o

Travelmate you need a cam, definitely you do. Would be a lot of awesome showcases on the tube...

The trouble is I don't know where to start in terms of attaining stable clear video whilst riding a bike.

Any advice or suggestions? Willing to do a setup on my bike. I should be the perfect camera man. As I am able to move up & down the group with ease. Can do close ups of coolfusion's R1 pipes if needed. :o

I've tested out a tank mount which makes it easy to operate the camera on and off, show you speed etc. So that is not bad at all, but then I found nirvana RAM mount to the frame slider, that was really the deal, stable as well. Tony and Trent know where to buy it, not expensive either. The cool thing with the RAM is that you can place the camera anywhere on your bike, so you can make it look rear, front, side whatever really, high up, low down up2u...

If you like I can pick up a Panasonic SD card video camera, it was cheap and really take good movies in full DVD widescreen format, and it takes a good bashing around. I will pass Singapore next Monday so if you want one let me know and I'll pick it up for you.

You could do a close up of coolfusion's tailpipe, or like the clip I have when he did his two-feet-down-in-a-curve-dance good fun with cam on a bike really...

If in doubt next trip we can mount on a RAM mount and put on my camera, so you can try it out.

Cheers Bard

Friday during a trip to Pattaya in a "spur of the moment" thingy :o I rented a yammy 600 for 3 days. I told myself the extravagance was part of an evaluation of what bike to buy next.... Drove home to Rayong getting the feel/used to the bike on the way. At home I thought, now where to go to try it out.... Rang my friend in Khon Kaen....told her I was taking her out for dinner, be ready at 8pm

Left Rayong 2pm and after a leisurely drive arrived in KK 5.5 hrs. later......good timing for a shower and meet for dinner.

Nice bike and good to drive....except for one (for me) thing.

I now have serious 2nd degree blistered burns to my inside thighs!!! I was wearing heavy weight jeans.

Id like to know if anyone else (bike owners or renters) has experienced this ....or just me???

surely a very serious design fault with the bike???

Trip home next day I bought some babies nappies and taped to my inside thighs as I didnt want further burns on my burns. solved the problem but......I dont think that is a very good image for Yamaha!! :D

Ive rented CBR600s before and not had that. For me that would make the difference to buying a yammy or no.

Im curious if anyone has experienced similar or if only peculier to me??

What specific Yammie 600 was it?

My FZ6 does not give burns or blisters at all.

Its a YZF not sure of year, but a late model one going by the fairings.

I liked the bike.... but I'm sure as hel_l not going to be donning nappies evertime I go out!!!

The burns are quite serious, big blisters, more on the left sde than the right.

I swap for the CBR Monday so can get a direct fresh comparison. Trouble is the CBR is virtually unavailable and not at the price of the yammy.