Furniture In Chiang Mai

skybluestu

Hi,

I live in Chiang Rai and need to buy some furniture for my new home but the choices here are pretty limited. Can anyone tell me what choice there is in CM please. Is there an Index or similar? I'm not after anything too luxurious and expensive but would like good quality and modern if possible, not really after traditional Thai.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I live in Chiang Rai and need to buy some furniture for my new home but the choices here are pretty limited. Can anyone tell me what choice there is in CM please. Is there an Index or similar? I'm not after anything too luxurious and expensive but would like good quality and modern if possible, not really after traditional Thai.

Thanks in advance.

There's a big Index store next to Carrefour in Chiang Mai.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

He asked for quality, :D:o

• 3 months later...

In case anyone else is looking for furniture, I put together a Google Earth group of furniture shops that I visited during my furniture journey the last couple months. There's plenty more shops around but these are some major ones I found. The file is attached and descriptions are below. Make sure you have Google Earth downloaded and installed on your computer. Than all you have to do is download this attached file and open it.

SB Furniture - The branch I went to has 4 stories and a nice selection of furniture. The prices are a bit on the high side in my opinion but they have a good selection of oak furniture and other stuff I'd consider to be your typical western hemisphere furniture if there is such a thing.

Index Living Mall - This is the place to go for "trendy" stuff. They have a wide range of prices and quality, but most of it seems to be designed for the smaller Asian body size. I was looking for a couch and most of them just felt weird and short to sit in. They have a good variety of furniture though so it's worth a look. Just don't go when there's a Thai pop star shopping. You won't get any help because all the ladies are following him around peaking from behind couches. Hilarious!

Home Pro - They have a small selection and it was over priced. They have some nice small furnishings though and a decent selection of beds.

Baan Tawai - This is the only place to go for hand crafted furniture. As you approach the Hang Dong area, you'll start seeing shops all the way into Baan Tawai. I loved going to this place. Everything from cheap to expensive and exotic. Most the hand made stuff I found in the central Chiang Mai area can be found here at cheaper prices.

Thai Furniture Warehouse - I actually don't know what the name of this place is so I made one up. It's basically a giant warehouse of the typical "cheap" furniture you see around Thailand. Good selection and big store.

Bangkok Furniture - This is my favorite place because this is where I got my couch. You'll find Lazy Boys at most of the shops I mentioned at completely absurd prices. Bangkok furniture makes their own similar quality stuff in Bangkok and sell it at 1/2 the cost of a Lazy Boy. Plus you get to choose your design, color, material, etc... When they told me the price I thought they were joking because it was so much lower than everywhere else I went. They said business has been down from the economy so they drastically cut prices to beat competition. If anyone needs a nice farang sized chair or couch and wants to pay prices similar to what I'd pay in the U.S. or less, go here. The branch with the custom couches is directly to your right when you're looking at the indoor entrance to Home Pro on Hang Dong road. It's listed in the Google placemark.

Custom Tables & Shelving - If you need some custom shelves or tables made and don't have the tools you need to do it, try this place. They make very basic stuff, but it is well made and very cheap. I had several small tables and shelves made for the kitchen because I couldn't find anything the size I wanted. It's outside Big C East.

Furniture.kmz

Edited by mnbcm

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

He asked for quality, :D:)

There is some fabulous quality furniture upstairs at Index. Go look.

The best selection of furniture that I have found is just up a block from the Kasem Store on the left. I do not know the name. They have another branch on the road that goes to Chiang Rai, if you are at the Kasem Store and go up the block and past the store I talked about. Take a right and go over the bridge and the store will be about 50 meters on the right. Great stuff and good quality. Pricing is a bit expensive but not for the quality.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
The best selection of furniture that I have found is just up a block from the Kasem Store on the left. I do not know the name. They have another branch on the road that goes to Chiang Rai, if you are at the Kasem Store and go up the block and past the store I talked about. Take a right and go over the bridge and the store will be about 50 meters on the right. Great stuff and good quality. Pricing is a bit expensive but not for the quality.

Whats the 'Kasem Store'? I'd like to find this place...

Whats the 'Kasem Store'? I'd like to find this place...

theres a couple of branches

check another thread here

Why not just go to the factory outlets in LamPun.

Most of the furniture is made there and costs 40% less than in Chiang Mai.

It's what the Thais do!

there might be a good chance the OP has bought already as they initially posted in Feb :)

nevertheless good advice for anyone else looking

It's what the Thais do!

Hi everyone,

Definitely not 40% less! Probably in the range of 10-15% off retail prices here in Chiang Mai. That too only limited to what they make there which is not of very high grade. You would also need to pick it up yourself. Provided you have a truck of course.

Please visit out website at ChanFurniture or click the banner ChanFurniture in the Chiang Mai subforums for our website. We have an extensive range of furniture for you to have a look at. Give us a call or make a product enquiry through our site and we'll get back to you on availability and on prices.

ChanFurniture.

Edited by ChanFurniture

• 1 month later...
Give us a call or make a product enquiry through our site and we'll get back to you on availability and on prices.

Why have a website like this and not put prices up? Do I really need to contact you with 5 different item numbers and get a quote on each one? What a hassle...

Give us a call or make a product enquiry through our site and we'll get back to you on availability and on prices.

Why have a website like this and not put prices up? Do I really need to contact you with 5 different item numbers and get a quote on each one? What a hassle...

Some of our items on the website does carry prices on it but others don't. We do not put prices up for many products because we cannot possibly stock all of these products. Prices in Thailand change all the time, hence making it essential in checking latest prices. We however assure you low prices.

We take pride in showing you various products on the website as a catalogue and can get them ordered for you should you want the product. Probably faster in response time to an inquiry or delivery than any of the other big guys such as Index could.

We are sorry that you find it a hassle but we do try to make it easier for our customers to view products without leaving their homes.

Thank you.

ChanFurniture.

It's what the Thais do!

Hi everyone,

Definitely not 40% less! Probably in the range of 10-15% off retail prices here in Chiang Mai. That too only limited to what they make there which is not of very high grade. You would also need to pick it up yourself. Provided you have a truck of course.

Please visit out website at ChanFurniture or click the banner ChanFurniture in the Chiang Mai subforums for our website. We have an extensive range of furniture for you to have a look at. Give us a call or make a product enquiry through our site and we'll get back to you on availability and on prices.

ChanFurniture.

I found good quality furniture made in Lampun for around 25-30% less than Chaing Mai. Also many designs that are not carried by shops in CM. Most of the warehouses there deliver free to the CM area. Anyone looking for large items should go there before considering other outlets.