Ssr Epic Ride I

Bard

I'm very much looking forward to the SSR Trip next month!

Bard- is there any way we can modify our itinerary slightly so that we can hit the Korat Bike Rally on the 8th?

3rd Bangkok to Mae Sot

4th Mae Sot to Mae Hong Son

5th Mae Hong Son to Chiang Mai

6th Loop around Chiang Mai

7th Chiang Mai to Udon Thani

8th Udon Thani to KORAT BIKE WEEK

10th Korat to Home via Sae Kaeo and 3295 through the National Park

What do you think? It'd be cool if we could hit the Korat Rally- I'm sure it'll be a blast and I bet a lot of our friends from Bangkok will be there and we can all ride back together.

Happy Trails!

Tony

dude, thats cool if you change the dates. I will have to be back in Bangkok by say 8th anyway. One of my staff members are leaving and i have to host a going away party for her. Depending on what the guys are doing from Bangkok i may come back with them for the party... i hate to miss a good party

Hiya Trent!

Need to be back in Bangers on or by Sunday the 8th?

How about we modify like this?

3rd Bangkok to Mae Sot

6th Chiang Mai to Udon Thani

7th Udon Thani to KORAT BIKE WEEK

8th Korat to Home via Sae Kaeo and 3295 through the National Park

What time's the party and is she cute? :D:D:o

Happy Trails!

Tony

dude, NEED 2 nights in Chiang Mai. Dont ask me why... just need to!

i think it will be ok if im back around 11th at the absolute latest... will that be enough time to do our normal route (2 nights in CM) + party in Korat?

6 nights till im back in the LOS...

will someone send one of my special lady friends to the airport to pick me up? make sure the taxi has a curtain, shes going to get it

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I am so jealous......fkkgajp[0rqhn hel_l, dam_n aiqfgnqrpaof, igajpa crikey,

gajgnap;a motherfkagpghag, son of a gagnrpaa0we, grrrrrrrr :D ......ive got this ole v8 engine here....a few extra welds and i might be able to fit it into the raider.....fuel tank, what will i use as a fuel tank? :o .

Have a great trip lads, heaps of photos.....can you do 200km's tony, or was that 200 on the main & reserve still to go?

Dude! Why don't you RENT a bike and join us!!! Gonna be one hel_l of a trip! Can't wait!!!

Tony,

I wonder what sort of coin you would be paying for a weeks bike hire on something relatively decent & whats available....do you know of anyone hiring out such things in bkk?

Don't know of any rentals in BKK but I hear that you can rent a Ninja 250R for just 500 Baht a day down in Pattaya. (I think Allan, aka ThaiCBR knows the exact details) You'd be surprised how quick that little 250 is. You'd be able to hang with us no problem- key is to RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT! :D:wai::D In fact on the hairpin mountain roads between Mae Sot, Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son and Pai you'd have a distinct advantage over larger heavier bikes.

Another option is to fly/bus/train to Chiang Mai and rent a bike there and join us from there- lots of choices available up there at reasonable prices. Mr Mechanic and Tony's Big Bikes (no relation to me) are my recommendations. (Pikey- you can wire the usual amount to the usual account :D :jerk: :P )

Happy Trails!

Tony

Trent,

So do you need to be in BKK the 8th or do you need 2 nights in Chiang Mai? Back latest the 11th? or the 8th?

Tony posted a revised version which gives you 2 nights in CM and the bike week in Korat, do you want to settle on that?

Cheers Bard

This was the latest until you had to go to the lesbo thingy in BKK Trent

3rd Bangkok to Mae Sot

Is that one OK for you or do you want to leave us in Chiang Mai and go directly to the Lesbo thingy?

Cheers Bard

Man I am so jealous......fkkgajp[0rqhn hel_l, dam_n aiqfgnqrpaof, igajpa crikey,

gajgnap;a motherfkagpghag, son of a gagnrpaa0we, grrrrrrrr :D ......ive got this ole v8 engine here....a few extra welds and i might be able to fit it into the raider.....fuel tank, what will i use as a fuel tank? :o .

Have a great trip lads, heaps of photos.....can you do 200km's tony, or was that 200 on the main & reserve still to go?

Dude! Why don't you RENT a bike and join us!!! Gonna be one hel_l of a trip! Can't wait!!!

Tony,

I wonder what sort of coin you would be paying for a weeks bike hire on something relatively decent & whats available....do you know of anyone hiring out such things in bkk?

Don't know of any rentals in BKK but I hear that you can rent a Ninja 250R for just 500 Baht a day down in Pattaya. (I think Allan, aka ThaiCBR knows the exact details) You'd be surprised how quick that little 250 is. You'd be able to hang with us no problem- key is to RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT! :D:P:D In fact on the hairpin mountain roads between Mae Sot, Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son and Pai you'd have a distinct advantage over larger heavier bikes.

Another option is to fly/bus/train to Chiang Mai and rent a bike there and join us from there- lots of choices available up there at reasonable prices. Mr Mechanic and Tony's Big Bikes (no relation to me) are my recommendations. (Pikey- you can wire the usual amount to the usual account :wai::burp: :jerk: )

Happy Trails!

Tony

The thought of going down to Pattaya is a big enuf turn off, to get one in Chiang Mai, follow you back then have to get it all the way back up there. YUK.

I will sit it out again, my time is fast approaching, please excuse my occassional outburst...afterall i am the only one to blame. Would be nice if one could hire a bike to thrash all the way up and back.

Last time I hired a big bike was in Dubai & it was aweful, it had been thrashed to within half an inch of its life, made some really strange noises and nothing I said to the fellow would get him to replace the tyres, I reluctantly rode it for 2 days before taking it back - not worth it. Nice to know everything is going to work when you belt into a corner or someone pulls out in front of you.

Half the fun with these rides is being on your own machine, the other half is mingling with absolute NUT CASES like you tony :D

I'm very much looking forward to the SSR Trip next month!

Bard- is there any way we can modify our itinerary slightly so that we can hit the Korat Bike Rally on the 8th?

3rd Bangkok to Mae Sot

What do you think? It'd be cool if we could hit the Korat Rally- I'm sure it'll be a blast and I bet a lot of our friends from Bangkok will be there and we can all ride back together.

Happy Trails!

Tony

dude, thats cool if you change the dates. I will have to be back in Bangkok by say 8th anyway. One of my staff members are leaving and i have to host a going away party for her. Depending on what the guys are doing from Bangkok i may come back with them for the party... i hate to miss a good party

Hiya Trent!

Need to be back in Bangers on or by Sunday the 8th?

How about we modify like this?

3rd Bangkok to Mae Sot

6th Chiang Mai to Udon Thani

7th Udon Thani to KORAT BIKE WEEK

8th Korat to Home via Sae Kaeo and 3295 through the National Park

What time's the party and is she cute? :D:D:o

Happy Trails!

Tony

dude, NEED 2 nights in Chiang Mai. Dont ask me why... just need to!

i think it will be ok if im back around 11th at the absolute latest... will that be enough time to do our normal route (2 nights in CM) + party in Korat?

6 nights till im back in the LOS...

will someone send one of my special lady friends to the airport to pick me up? make sure the taxi has a curtain, shes going to get it

Cheers Trent,

Look forward to seeing you soon! It will be difficult for us to spend 2 nights in Chiang Mai and still hit the Korat Bike Week which is on the 7th and 8th. Only way to do that would be to skip Udon Thani and go straight from CNX to Korat on the 7th. We'd be missing out on some incredible roads between CNX and Udon if we decide to go this way.

I've still not been able to find detailed info on the Korat Rally, but if it's like most Thai Biker Rallies the real party will be on the 7th...

As much as I'd like to hit this event I'll go with whatever the majority of our group wants to do. So guys, what do you all say?

2 nights in Chiang Mai and no Korat Bike Week?

or

2 nights in Chiang Mai and ride from Chiang Mai to Korat skipping Udon?

or

1 night in Chiang Mai and ride to Udon and hit the Korat Bike Week?

Happy Trails!

ps. Trent- I can GUARANTEE you that you will LOVE Udon! Take my word for it buddy- that is one CRAZY town!

T

The thought of going down to Pattaya is a big enuf turn off, to get one in Chiang Mai, follow you back then have to get it all the way back up there. YUK. (heh heh- generous kind hearted guy that I am I could ride your bike back up to CNX for you if you like :o )

I will sit it out again, my time is fast approaching, please excuse my occassional outburst...afterall i am the only one to blame. Would be nice if one could hire a bike to thrash all the way up and back. Hey, is Nike gonna get on my case if I say JUST DO IT! :D

Last time I hired a big bike was in Dubai & it was aweful, it had been thrashed to within half an inch of its life, made some really strange noises and nothing I said to the fellow would get him to replace the tyres, I reluctantly rode it for 2 days before taking it back - not worth it. Nice to know everything is going to work when you belt into a corner or someone pulls out in front of you. Nice thing here in Thailand is that all of the Ninja 250R's are at most 4 or 5 months old, so one would HOPE that the rental Ninjas are still in fairly decent condition. I would also not feel comfortable going on a long trip on an old beater, especially if you hope to keep up with Trent and Bard on their new FZ6's!

Half the fun with these rides is being on your own machine, the other half is mingling with absolute NUT CASES like you tony :D

Hey... I resemble that comment! crazy.gif

I am very game for Udon myself, lot of fun places there.

I second that- I VERY much want to hit Udon WITHOUT the missus! :D:D:o

im starting to gain an important understand of what secret sois are....& here i was thinking it was somewhere where you had the bikes services :D

who is going to break the bad news to one of my girlfriends in Chiang Mai then? I promised them both i would spend a night each with them. i suppose i will toss the coin

UDON here i cum!

Tony i have until 11th at latest for this wicked trip

Bard, i also have 120+ litres of storage AND i the exhaust + 1 other special component which i will show you when you get here. catch me if you can :o

who is going to break the bad news to one of my girlfriends in Chiang Mai then? I promised them both i would spend a night each with them. i suppose i will toss the coin

UDON here i cum!

Bard, i also have 120+ litres of storage AND i the exhaust + 1 other special component which i will show you when you get here. catch me if you can :D

I don't understand why they both can't just join you for the one night.......whats wrong with these gals? :o

neverdie why not come to Khon Kaen bike show. i'm gonna have to rent a bike in patters so just come down in the truck with me and we can ride up to KK. link up with Tony on the way. what do ya think idea or what?

Allan

I think Allan I will PM and we can discuss the wicked details in private, obviously you know where you want to get bikes from?

UDON here i cum!

Bard, i also have 120+ litres of storage AND i the exhaust + 1 other special component which i will show you when you get here. catch me if you can :D

Which Exhaust did you get? I got the Akropovic one... special component??? hey made me curious man... Only one struggling cathing you will be Tony hahaha, I will be right there in front of youse.

Udon here we all cum I guess, some nice places there in there secret soi man, will be a heck of a blast. I was kinda keen on hitting Udon for some adult fun, then hit the bike week in Korat unless we get lost in Udon that is :o

Cheers Bard

UDON here i cum!

Which Exhaust did you get? I got the Akropovic one... special component??? hey made me curious man... Only one struggling cathing you will be Tony hahaha, I will be right there in front of youse.

Udon here we all cum I guess, some nice places there in there secret soi man, will be a heck of a blast. I was kinda keen on hitting Udon for some adult fun, then hit the bike week in Korat unless we get lost in Udon that is :o

Cheers Bard

Oh man... you guys are already getting your bikes seriously tricked out and all I've done is add a case and lose the ugly tail fender... Seems I've got some catching up to do! Going to be an awesome ride! Can't wait!

By the way- what's the range of the FZ6 on a full tank of gas? I think your range is greater than the ~200km/tank that the ER-6n gets. Happy Trails!

The FZ6 get's realistically 350 km on a tank, it's 19,5 liter tank hence the range. I read race track range is 200 km and mixed riding is 400 km and Trent got 350 km on the tank which is what I will expect as well. Also good it eats any fuel you can toss at it, be it gasohol or what. What luck for that with the diminishing benzine.

200 km should be cool Tony, should be enough for the trips up North from what Trent told me. How many liters does the ER6 take?

Oh yes Trent don't forget we have the powercommanders waiting for us as well which I ordered.

Cheers Bard

The FZ6 get's realistically 350 km on a tank, it's 19,5 liter tank hence the range. I read race track range is 200 km and mixed riding is 400 km and Trent got 350 km on the tank which is what I will expect as well. Also good it eats any fuel you can toss at it, be it gasohol or what. What luck for that with the diminishing benzine.

200 km should be cool Tony, should be enough for the trips up North from what Trent told me. How many liters does the ER6 take?

Oh yes Trent don't forget we have the powercommanders waiting for us as well which I ordered.

Cheers Bard

The tank on the ER-6n holds 15.5 liters. I'm really not sure how much fuel is left when the FUEL light starts flashing. One of these days I'll throw some extra gas in a bottle and go run her dry to see how far I can really go on a full tank. ER-6n is also multi-fuel which is handy these days.

Happy Trails!

Tony

UDON here i cum!

Cheers Bard

I got the Akropovic SP2 also. The guys at the bike shop made some small adjustments to make it sound meaner so we will have to compare sounds on this trip to see which is more suitable. The adjustments dont make any difference to the HP only sound.

Bard they have the power commander 5 here (PC5) for our FZ6 but i didnt get one because i would prefer to make a relationship with Dirt Bike shop...they have some cute girls in their offices!

With regards to one night only in CM... its ok i will go back first week in April to catch up with some friends of mine.

Im still not sure where im going to run my bike in whether ill take it to the dyno or run it in on the road. Im thinking the dyno will be a much more controlled environment but can i really wait that long is the question?

What accomodation has been arranged for CM? That place near 'The Kafe' we stayed at last time was nice and convenient wasnt it Tony? What was it called?

Is it still "high season" in Thailand? In December when we were touring they were pulling the whole high season gig but yet all hotels were empy, wonder if they are all going to be that silly again this trip.

What accomodation has been arranged for CM? That place near 'The Kafe' we stayed at last time was nice and convenient wasnt it Tony? What was it called?

Is it still "high season" in Thailand? In December when we were touring they were pulling the whole high season gig but yet all hotels were empy, wonder if they are all going to be that silly again this trip.

Hiya Trent!

We stayed at the Top North Hotel last time- http://www.topnorthgroup.com/Hotel.htm

Cheap, basic, great location, and some adorable front desk girls :D

I also seem to recall you were quite fond of the breakfast :D:wai::o

120708TrentMirSm.jpg

Of course there is no shortage of great places to stay in CNX. I don't think we need to reserve anything ahead of time unless you really want to. Hey- what was the name of that massage place we tracked down? Wasn't that attached to a hotel? Wouldn't that be convenient? :D:D

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hiya Trent!

We stayed at the Top North Hotel last time- http://www.topnorthgroup.com/Hotel.htm

Cheap, basic, great location, and some adorable front desk girls :D

I also seem to recall you were quite fond of the breakfast :D:wai::o

120708TrentMirSm.jpg

Of course there is no shortage of great places to stay in CNX. I don't think we need to reserve anything ahead of time unless you really want to. Hey- what was the name of that massage place we tracked down? Wasn't that attached to a hotel? Wouldn't that be convenient? :D:D

Happy Trails!

Tony

Great pic

Funny enough i remember the name of the massage place,Phucom Hotel! right next to the uni... great bird watching to be had

I just happened to be doing a Google search on Lesbians + Thailand + Motorcycles and surprise ... end up right back here with you lot!!! :o

What a group.

:D Well that makes sense, we should of been right at the top of the list, let me see, Motorcycles, Thailand and Lesbians.....yes, thats right :D Are you sure there wasnt a mention of beer in your google search?

Edited by neverdie

Funny enough i remember the name of the massage place,Phucom Hotel! right next to the uni... great bird watching to be had

I cum, you cum, we all cum at the Phucome! :o

Darn! Too much information. :D

LOL- I know you wish you were cuming with us!!! :D:P:D:D

Yep you got that right.

:wai:

Hi Travelmate,

Is that your new bike in your avatar? We'll meet you in Korat for the bike week and can def have some fun there as well, at least you can join from Korat and back, let's play with some tits in Rayong before you head home :D

The search is pretty obvious that we're on top, I mean cum on we're doing a SSR man :o

Tony, can you source up 2 gallons of Shell Helix Super 10W-40 for me (probably same for Trent so total 4 gallon) give it to Trent to hand over to Yamaha to change the oil on my bike to this for my break in. Also I think when I arrive the 2nd from Singapore if someone could borrow me a helmet so I can do my 30 km run on it to flush out the filings, and get them to change oil again (same shell) before I go home to my ball and chain for a night. Then I will take a taxi 6:00 in the morning up to Yamaha and ready to just Go go go on the trip.

Cheers Bard

Hi Travelmate,

Is that your new bike in your avatar? We'll meet you in Korat for the bike week and can def have some fun there as well, at least you can join from Korat and back, let's play with some tits in Rayong before you head home :D

Cheers Bard

Yup that is my bike! :D

Need to fiddle the suspension, change the tyres. I'll be lapping you Yammie boys around Bira. :D:o

Defo will be there for Korat. And a spirited ride to Rayong is always a good thing. :D

Congrats with the new bike Travelmate, looking good. Will be great meeting up in Korat and do the trip home with you, the BKK boys will split back to there so it will be cool riding down for a spirited ride to Rayong, think maybe JimKnight will join down as well, not sure.

Graham has agreed to give me lessons on Bira so I shall get 1:20 soon, especially now with more power between my legs. After 1:20 new goal is 1:10 which will be much harder to reach but that's the fun with it. I will get my Z custom suit soon as well, JP will carry it in from US for me, so then I won't fear a slide as much anymore. The mesh stuff is NOT really what you want to push your bike on a track with.

Will be great to hook up.

Cheers Bard