Red Shirt Demonstration

henryalleman

Koo, was wondering, you keep posting over and over again about this and was wondering, why, when we have no say in anything political in this place?

I'm pretty sure Koo82 is Thai. Probably related to Thaksin. :o

haha and to add to my first statement I would say that most TV members (not all!) have a GF /BF / spouse that hails from the 'red' zone so you are preaching to the conformed for the most part. :D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from DStation that the reds in Phitsanulok, Samut Songkhram and Nan is gathering today.

Samut Songkhram will have Chinese tables 100 Baht each person to get fund for transportation to Bangkok this Thursday.

In early day, Truth Today had Chinese tables at 50,000 baht per person.

They opened a separate account to receive donation from anyone who wants to support the transportation cost for the reds for this Thursday rally.

Some people are: the reds in LA gave 100,000 Baht. Khun Weera Musigapong gave 20,000 Baht. Khun Jakrapob Penkair gave 10,000 Baht. This time more people in rural areas can join the rally.

In the "Red in the Land" talk every Saturday and Sunday on DStation, the group in Korat said they came to the red meeting every time they can. "We collect old things around house (paper, iron, bottles...) to sell and we can take bus to Bangkok".

Nuttawut asked, "If you run out of money, what will you do?"

"We will stop going."

They were the reds who went to stop PAD in early time and one man was beaten by PAD until fainted.

Edited by Koo82

Some people are: the reds in LA gave 100,000 Baht

:o

So out of the thousands of Thais in Thailand's 77th Province, they collectively and graciously gave the equivalent of donating an old, beat-up clunker from a LA used car dealer:

post-9005-1237885412.jpg

1994 Mercury Topaz GS

$2,800

Mileage: 96,287 miles

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...;standard=false

:D

now that's some serious backing.... :D

The money collected from people will be used for tomorrow rally. The reds will walk from Sanam Luang from 12 noon to Government House.

News from TNN (tv) this afternoon said that 6,000 soldiers will be sent out to look after the rally on 26th March.

I saw on tv last year the long face of Anupong when PAD occupied Government House. He said political problems must be solved in political way. Wondering why he sent soldiers out now. He doesn't believe in it now? The reds have said a million times they won't block any building and airports like what PAD did.

6,000 soldiers will have a chance to hear what the reds talk about Abhisit and why they must protest against him.

He does not get his PM chair the regular way. He has helps from people in the dark, yellows, media and top people in Army and Police. Any party coming from election which is chosen by majority of Thais will be down either by coups or by other means.

Abhisit never dares to touch Sondhi, Chamlong, Kasit and other PAD. This explains why no PAD is brought to account so far.

Abhisit did not get his PM chair after a popular election. Khun Thaksin and Khun Samak won.

His face is too thick so he accepts all blames as long as he can be PM.

The reds say they don't mind who will be PM if he comes from an election.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said he has ordered security units not to use violent measures against the red-shirt protesters who will hold mass rally on Thursday because it can damage the image of the country.

Mr Abhisit expressed confidence that security officers will be able to handle the situation.

"The government does not want to use violence, but it has to protect government properties," he said. "It will be done according to international standards."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/13...office-thursday

The cabinet has approved a budget of one billion baht for the Internal Security Operations Command (Isoc) to explain the meaning of democracy to the general public and promote careers that support the principle of sufficiency economy.

Isoc spokesman Thanathip Sawangsang said on Wednesday the project had been underway since last month.

It could help change the views of supporters of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), he said, but admitted this would depend on their attitudes.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/13...political-views

Koo, I really appreciate your postings!! Please keep it up, and don't let the trolls get you down, ever! :o

Freedom of expression still exists in Thailand, no matter how much the government/military/etc tries to surpress it.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Wondering why he sent soldiers out now. He doesn't believe in it now? The reds have said a million times they won't block any building and airports like what PAD did.

heavyred.jpg

With their repeated history of violence, he probably doesn't trust the Reds any further than he can throw them... which, admittedly, probably is not very far...

Edited by sriracha john

heavyred.jpg

With their repeated history of violence, he probably doesn't trust the Reds any further than he can throw them... which, admittedly, probably is not very far...

Yeah, and they even have vicious attack dogs now!!!!

496373344_Lm8Cv-L.jpg

:D:D:o

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

23 companies of police to be deployed to keep security Thursday

The metropolitan police chief will deploy 23 companies of policemen to keep security when the red-shirted people besiege the Government House Thursday.

He was speaking to reporters after he briefed Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban of police's preparations for handling the mass rally.

Source: The Nation - 25 March 2009

From what I remember when watching tv last year, they sent 1 company of Police to Government House when PAD was there. And PAD did not allow Police to go in :o Police had to monitor from a distance :D .

When State of Emergency was announced twice by Khun Samak and Khun Somchai, PAD couldn't care less and still gathered for months. And Army did not make any move.

Why were suddenly so many soldiers sent to Government House last month during the reds' 3 day rally when the reds didn't violate the law and no State of Emergency?

How long can they gang up to go against democracy? Democrat Party + media + Army + elite + yellows + invisible hands = Abhisit.

Khun Thaksin said very clearly who was behind the coup in 2549 but the morning news on tv said "Khun S". They didn't dare to say the name out when the reds all know who is who.

Khun Thaksin will tell more secrets tomorrow.

My husband said this "Khun S" will be the aim this time. There might be a negotiation in order to keep something on. They can't afford to damage one thing. You know it. I don't say out.

Edited by Koo82

Fair play koo, keep the info coming, don't be swayed by the people on here who have no say in Thai politics. The posters on here who turned a blind eye to the PADs actions and the damage it did to Thailand should do exactly the same thing now, I was vocal against the PAD and will be vocal against the reds if they take it too far like the PAD did, lets all be non hypocritical and keep with a belief of what's good for the goose is good for the gander, if you believe its ok to seize airports, government buildings, murder people, beat people, shoot people, steal property then it doesnt matter what colour shirt the offender is wearing, if you condoned it for the yellows then I expect to see the same for the reds, of you condemned it for the yellows then condemn it for the reds

Fair play koo, keep the info coming, don't be swayed by the people on here who have no say in Thai politics. The posters on here who turned a blind eye to the PADs actions and the damage it did to Thailand should do exactly the same thing now, I was vocal against the PAD and will be vocal against the reds if they take it too far like the PAD did, lets all be non hypocritical and keep with a belief of what's good for the goose is good for the gander, if you believe its ok to seize airports, government buildings, murder people, beat people, shoot people, steal property then it doesnt matter what colour shirt the offender is wearing, if you condoned it for the yellows then I expect to see the same for the reds, of you condemned it for the yellows then condemn it for the reds

I just believe that we have bigger issues facing the country at the moment.

If you talk to people on the street not obsessed with politcs, you'll find they agree with you on this one in my experience. The economy, jobs and money are uppermost with politics well it has always been a bad word in Thailand.

See how they blocked the reds in Feb last month when reds said they will never enter the Government House:

redblock.jpg

Only someone who graduated in UK can think of using these to block a legal protest:

redblock2.jpg

In fact, as per Jatupon, blocking the walking way of people is wrong when the protest group has no weapon. I heard on DStation that they used toilet sucking vehicles to block the way. For other vehicles, they stopped there and took the battery out. How smart! The reds moved all of these vehicles after negotiating with Police. Note that Police smiled all the time during negotiations.

Let's see what they will do tomorrow to block the reds.

Just to clarify, I am not taking sides in this ongoing dispute. But what I would say is the longer it goes on, the greater long term damage it will have.

Keep giving people reasons not to invest / visit here and eventually you will get what you are looking for.

well what we believe and what the native Thais believe may be different mate, if they think this is a big issue for them then this is a big issue for them, and personally i say good luck to them and hopefully Thailand can get back to having an elected government, even if it is not endorsed by the elite. this proxy government is weak, this is proven by their failure to deal with the PAD, they are running scared of Thaksin hence them mentioning him at every opportunity.

To be honest James I think politics we created in school yards had more about it than Thai politics, the levels of immaturity and mud slinging is a joke, but the sad thing is some Thais buy into the propoganda

Just to clarify, I am not taking sides in this ongoing dispute. But what I would say is the longer it goes on, the greater long term damage it will have.

Keep giving people reasons not to invest / visit here and eventually you will get what you are looking for.

my post wasn't aimed at you mate, we both know there are good and bad in red shirts, I watch the good and the great in red and you watch a shower of <deleted> at the theatre of silence :o

Koo, I really appreciate your postings!! Please keep it up, and don't let the trolls get you down, ever! :o

Freedom of expression still exists in Thailand, no matter how much the government/military/etc tries to surpress it.

Are you suffering from Stockholm Syndrome? I couldn't think of a more misguided "troll" reference.

my post wasn't aimed at you mate, we both know there are good and bad in red shirts, I watch the good and the great in red and you watch a shower of <deleted> at the theatre of silence :o

hmmm, now if we could only get these two teams to decide it on the football pitch.

The issues will end when

+ Abhisit resigns because he did not come in democratically, and

+ a temporary PM comes in from a small party (not from the 2 biggest ones), and

+ revise the joke 2550 Constitution Law which is believed to be longest in the world and is ridiculously detailed, or

+ bring back the 2540 Constitution Law,

+ dissolve the Parliament, and

+ call for a new election.

that's all good Koo but aint gonna happen mate.

there is an old saying, fight the fights you can win and timing is important.

right now, is not the time to stir the pot IMO. Anyways, feeling like I am talking to myself. Go on, continue to post this stuff.

have fun tomorrow, sorry I cant join, as I am trying to hang on to my job.

Edited by bkkjames

Are you suffering from Stockholm Syndrome? I couldn't think of a more misguided "troll" reference.

Nope, I'm quite normal otherwise. However I happen to agree with Koo fully. Probably the word 'bully' would be better than 'troll', but I stand by Koo nonetheless.

+ Abhisit resigns because he did not come in democratically, and

He just received an overwhelming endorsment from the Parliament where every single MP was properly elected.

Why is that not democratic?

The issues will end when

Thaksin admits it's over.