Red Shirt Demonstration

henryalleman

I just believe that we have bigger issues facing the country at the moment.

The issues will end when

+ Abhisit resigns because he did not come in democratically, and

+ a temporary PM comes in from a small party (not from the 2 biggest ones), and

+ revise the joke 2550 Constitution Law which is believed to be longest in the world and is ridiculously detailed, or

+ bring back the 2540 Constitution Law,

+ dissolve the Parliament, and

+ call for a new election.

Koo, I think you missed the point. I am quite sure that James was refering to the recession as the 'bigger issues'.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Khun Koo is Thai and has researched the issues. She has a lot more at stake in this than we do.

If by "we" you are referring to 2-week tourists, I would tend to agree.

We are nothing but guests here and that includes you. :o

As a non-2-week tourist, I would say I have an equal amount "at stake" as someone you purport has a "lot more" than me.

Koo, I think you missed the point. I am quite sure that James was refering to the recession as the 'bigger issues'.

I missed the point that 1 week closure of 2 airports in Bangkok causes job losses and income loss including death (Someone tried to find alternative way out and was killed in traffic. If you can't find this post in Thaivisa.com, let me know).

I missed the point that no PAD is brought to justice so far. They got invitations to see Police early this month but bargained to see Police on 30th March all together, and requested to change inspectors, believing those inspectors are not fair to them.

I missed the point that the reds in Pathum Thani threw eggs and slippers to Suthep (but failed to reach him) on 14th March 2009, Saturday morning. Police brought photos as proof to see 4 people at their home in the afternoon. They accepted they did the throwing. Police asked them to report to Police Station the next day, Sunday (unusual hard working!). Monday, 16th March case closed with court. 2 years in jails for "attempting to (about to, going to) harm people" and fine 2,000 Baht. After considering the history, they saw that these 4 people did not violated laws in the past, they reduced fine to 1,000 Baht and 1 year pending.

The point I missed is the yellows can do anything and the reds will be caught for whatever reason.

I missed one major point that they turn the issue to economy so people will forget what PAD did.

What you don't get Koo is that PAD was good and the Reds are bad. I think Plus and H90 can confirm that.

You seem to live in a dreamworld where you think people's vote should count for something- get over it, let the military and clever, rich people decide who should be in power. That will be best for everyone.

Crazy to think a security guards or meebarn's vote could be worth that of landed gentry in Krungtep...

I missed the point that 1 week closure of 2 airports in Bangkok causes job losses and income loss including death (Someone tried to find alternative way out and was killed in traffic. If you can't find this post in Thaivisa.com, let me know).

I missed the point that no PAD is brought to justice so far. They got invitations to see Police early this month but bargained to see Police on 30th March all together, and requested to change inspectors, believing those inspectors are not fair to them.

I missed the point that the reds in Pathum Thani threw eggs and slippers to Suthep (but failed to reach him) on 14th March 2009, Saturday morning. Police brought photos as proof to see 4 people at their home in the afternoon. They accepted they did the throwing. Police asked them to report to Police Station the next day, Sunday (unusual hard working!). Monday, 16th March case closed with court. 2 years in jails for "attempting to (about to, going to) harm people" and fine 2,000 Baht. After considering the history, they saw that these 4 people did not violated laws in the past, they reduced fine to 1,000 Baht and 1 year pending.

The point I missed is the yellows can do anything and the reds will be caught for whatever reason.

I missed one major point that they turn the issue to economy so people will forget what PAD did.

It ain't our country. :o

I guess the whistling smiley indicates your changing your words from your earlier statement, right?

But still, speak for yourself if that is your opinion.

Wherever I live and where things are "at stake" I can consider as "my" country, whether or not I have citizenship.

But besides, you're associating the "more at stake" with someone whose citizenship (or sex, for that matter) has never been corroborated.

Edited by sriracha john

It ain't our country. :o

I guess the whistling smiley indicates your changing your words from your earlier statement, right?

Wherever I live and where things are "at stake" I can consider as "my" country, whether or not I have citizenship.

Nope! :D

News from Truth Today talks 18:30 and 21:30 tonight:

The reds from Chaiyapoom led by 1 pickup and 1 bus and were stopped. They tried to find way out. More buses will be out.

Reds from Lam Pang and Isan are on the way.

Reds from Chiang Mai Lover 51 Group and Udon Thani are on the way >1,000 reds each group.

Reds from Ayutthaya were blocked for wearing red and go by big groups, so they divided into smaller groups and looking for pickups to go.

Buses the reds from Lam Phun booked did not come so they rushed to train station. Staff said train tickets are sold out.

Khon Kaen bus station manager asked buses to be back to station and didn't allow buses to pick the reds.

Ang Thong reds phoned Nuttawut and said the cars of Chief Amphor and Army people blocked the house of the red leader and this leader could go out of the house. Nuttawut then phoned and the Chief Amphor said he was at home.

Jatupon said in the rally in Feb, they gave the reds 5 mobile toilets and gave Police and Army inside Government House 10 and Hua Hin 10 (for ASEAN Summit?).

This time the reds build temporary toilets & bathrooms and rent mobile toilets.

They said so far there are 2 layers of nail fence inside Government House and 3 layers of lock of every gate.

Here's the photo in Feb red rally:

rednailfence.jpg

Does anyone still wonder why they let PAD sleep in Government House 3 months and airports 1 week?

Off to grab some red shirts and I'll be on the road from 5:00 tomorrow. If you don't see me post further, I'm dead or banned.

My last word if I won't come back is: I love Khun Thaksin for what he has done to develop our country. If we don't have true democracy, no one from our side can be PM including Khun Thaksin. We will fight to take back our right as country owner. We are the red people. Majority of Thais are not those wearing yellow shirts, holding someone's photo to protest against democratically elected Prime Ministers and shoot at people. Who will be happy when the yellows hold their photos and did all these shootings and killings?

But besides, you're associating the "more at stake" with someone whose citizenship (or sex, for that matter) has never been corroborated.

Very bad manners to accuse people whose ideals you do not share of posting under disguise.

I very much welcome Koo's posts, and courage when faced with these constant personal attacks. It is only good and fair when a Red Shirt supporter is posting her views here, where yellow supporters experienced a free reign.

I would ask you in particular, and also others, to discuss the merit of the posts, and not the individual, and with a minimum of decency.

Very bad manners to accuse people whose ideals you do not share of posting under disguise.

I very much welcome Koo's posts, and courage when faced with these constant personal attacks. It is only good and fair when a Red Shirt supporter is posting her views here, where yellow supporters experienced a free reign.

I would ask you in particular, and also others, to discuss the merit of the posts, and not the individual, and with a minimum of decency.

I didn't do anything other than reflect what many posters have said and thus there is nothing indecent in what I said.

If a point that is made by someone else that hinges on another member's status,

(eg. she has more at stake than the rest of us - UG),

it would seem logical and rationale that that point is somehow verified.

It's certainly come up in the past when a situation was questioned and was rectified by other members doing that corroboration, Graceless Fawn and Bambina, being but just two examples.

It is pretty obvious that Khun Koo is Thai, but some posters are quite willing to twist the truth in order to deny it. Even sriracha john has to realize that this is really an issue for Thai people to decide and that the opinions of foreigners matter very little. :o

It is pretty obvious that Khun Koo is Thai,

for example?

but some posters are quite willing to twist the truth in order to deny it.

for example?

Even sriracha john has to realize that this is really an issue for Thai people to decide and that the opinions of foreigners matter very little. :o

Any issue that occurs in the country I'm residing most definitely is an "issue" for me.

If you feel you are disenfranchised and so removed from the society within which you live and have no input or thoughts about it, that's up to you. I don't happen to share that same opinion, however.

For perusal at your leisure but mindboggling in its language and sheer audacity; is a video embedded over at Bangkok Pundit.

Apparently not allowed to link to blogs but anyway its over there for anyone wishing to take a peek.

Can't miss the video its a Youtube link with Sondhi's face on it.

Even sriracha john has to realize that this is really an issue for Thai people to decide and that the opinions of foreigners matter very little. :D

No matter how much he tries to ignore the obvious. :o

The only thing obvious to me is that you, personally, do not feel you are a part of the country you've chosen to live in and that any issue, even one with potentially huge consequences, doesn't concern you.

I simply don't feel the same.

this is really an issue for Thai people to decide and that the opinions of foreigners matter very little. :o

May it always be that way.

I have seen the other side & it is not pretty.

A Kingdom that was taken over by foreigners(money)

It is a sad sight to see.

Hopefully the Thais have the ability to keep their lands out of the hands of those.

We are guests in someone's house. If we do not like their rules we should leave

I always thought it would be funny if the Thai's suddenly said ..........

Ok all the countries that do not include us in their visa waiver get the same treatment.

No more tourist/type O/retirment visa's for you unless you *qualify*

By Qualify I do not mean a few baht in the bank either.

Edited by flying

Even sriracha john has to realize that this is really an issue for Thai people to decide and that the opinions of foreigners matter very little. :D

The only thing obvious to me is that you, personally, do not feel you are a part of the country you've chosen to live in and that any issue, even one with potentially huge consequences, doesn't concern you.

I simply don't feel the same.

As usual, you are putting words in other people's mouths. Having an opinion about how the country is run is fine, but, in the end, Thai people will decide. It is not our country!

What you don't get Koo is that PAD was good and the Reds are bad. I think Plus and H90 can confirm that.

You seem to live in a dreamworld where you think people's vote should count for something- get over it, let the military and clever, rich people decide who should be in power. That will be best for everyone.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant! :o

At least Khun Koo is Thai and has researched the issues. She has a lot more at stake in this than we do.

If by "we" you are referring to 2-week tourists, I would tend to agree.

SJ, you know Ulysses has been in Thailand near forever and runs multiple businesses here. Still you seem to enjoy to put out obviously and purposefully misleading and insinuating posts aimed at everyone who happens to disagree with you.

Whenever you can't win an argument you respond with making personal insinuations in the general direction of people who disagree with you, or post an out-of-context photoshopped picture, or put words in peoples mouths that insinuate they're either breaking forum rules or Thai law or both.. That's a very childish debating style, good only to 'incite flames and arguments'. :o

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

For perusal at your leisure but mindboggling in its language and sheer audacity; is a video embedded over at Bangkok Pundit.

Apparently not allowed to link to blogs but anyway its over there for anyone wishing to take a peek.

Do you mean this. It is common knowledge, hardly mindboggling

http://bangkokpundit.blogspot.com/

<A href="http://bangkokpundit.blogspot.com/2009/03/sondhi-l-on-surayuds-role-in-coup.html">Sondhi L on Surayud's Role in the Coup

Posted by Bangkok Pundit | 3/25/2009 06:00:00 PM

ASTV Manager has a transcript of what Sondhi L said on the Yam Fao Paendin program in May 2007. Sondhi L in the preceding paragraph to the one excerpted one below is talking about Gen. Surayud and gasoline prices and then states:

สนธิ - ผมผิดหวังมาก เพราะท่านนายกฯ ท่านก็รู้ว่าส่วนหนึ่งของการขับไล่ พ.ต.ท.ทักษิณ ชินวัตร ที่ท่านก็อยู่เบื้องหลังด้วย ยุยงส่งเสริมให้ผมทำหลายเรื่อง ท่านก็รู้ว่า ปตท.เป็นเรื่องนึง

[sondhi: I am very disappointed because the PM [surayud]knows well that part of the the ousting of Thaksin was [the PM] himself who was behind it too. [He] urged me to do many things.PTT was one of those things]

BP: Prem is out today stating that the Privy Council is not involved in politics.

Then, in a speech in the US in Virginia on August 25, 2007 broadcast on ASTV, Sondhi briefly touches on his relationship with Surayud and the role of the palace:

"It was the first time, we could gather ten thousands of people. Sometimes hundred thousands. So, they were like, ‘the chink [sondhi referring to himself] is kinda great.’ So, they came to support me. Now, they started. General Surayud called me. General Sondhi had his close aide call me. In the palace… In the palace, there were many. Many connections. Everyone was close to me. They were close to me as hel_l. (laughter.) So, they started backing our movement. Gen. Saprang was eating with Gen. Sondhi for every meal and telling him to stage a coup.

Prem had his aide call me. General Chavalit. Everyone called me. .”

Do you mean this. It is common knowledge, hardly mindboggling

http://bangkokpundit.blogspot.com/

<A href="http://bangkokpundit.blogspot.com/2009/03/sondhi-l-on-surayuds-role-in-coup.html">Sondhi L on Surayud's Role in the Coup

Posted by Bangkok Pundit | 3/25/2009 06:00:00 PM

ASTV Manager has a transcript of what Sondhi L said on the Yam Fao Paendin program in May 2007. Sondhi L in the preceding paragraph to the one excerpted one below is talking about Gen. Surayud and gasoline prices and then states:

สนธิ - ผมผิดหวังมาก เพราะท่านนายกฯ ท่านก็รู้ว่าส่วนหนึ่งของการขับไล่ พ.ต.ท.ทักษิณ ชินวัตร ที่ท่านก็อยู่เบื้องหลังด้วย ยุยงส่งเสริมให้ผมทำหลายเรื่อง ท่านก็รู้ว่า ปตท.เป็นเรื่องนึง

[sondhi: I am very disappointed because the PM [surayud]knows well that part of the the ousting of Thaksin was [the PM] himself who was behind it too. [He] urged me to do many things.PTT was one of those things]

BP: Prem is out today stating that the Privy Council is not involved in politics.

Then, in a speech in the US in Virginia on August 25, 2007 broadcast on ASTV, Sondhi briefly touches on his relationship with Surayud and the role of the palace:

"It was the first time, we could gather ten thousands of people. Sometimes hundred thousands. So, they were like, ‘the chink [sondhi referring to himself] is kinda great.’ So, they came to support me. Now, they started. General Surayud called me. General Sondhi had his close aide call me. In the palace… In the palace, there were many. Many connections. Everyone was close to me. They were close to me as hel_l. (laughter.) So, they started backing our movement. Gen. Saprang was eating with Gen. Sondhi for every meal and telling him to stage a coup.

Prem had his aide call me. General Chavalit. Everyone called me. .”

Funny to note how we have heard the two fanatics versions of events but nobody else (excepting what adherents repeat) wants to say a thing. And yet it seems everybody in Thailand "knows" who was behind the coup and what it was "all about". The debate rages on amongst the poltically active and pundits and yet those uninformed on poltical matters seem to "know". A strange disconnect. People are going to believe what they want to believe. The extremes on both sides are very much faith based organizations run on an almost quasi religious basis.

By the way, I agree with others that there is no need for personal attacks. We know if something is presented from DTV or ASTV that it is going to be bias a certain way and that this must be taken into consideration when valing its content.

How about ignoring the question.

It is pretty obvious that Khun Koo is Thai,

"for example?"

but some posters are quite willing to twist the truth in order to deny it.

"for example?"

And for future reference Ulysses, next time you wish to send me a PM with daft threats and accusations (and also block me from PM'ing you back - hence having to respond here) - please simply take your issues to a moderator. Alternatively, just grow up. :D