• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2010 calendar from a place I won't name cos they don't like me :D

Formula One 2010 calendar

Mar 14 - Bahrain (Sakhir)

Mar 28 - Australia (Melbourne, starting at 1700 local time)

Apr 4 - Malaysia (Sepang, starting at 1600 local time)

Apr 18 - China (Shanghai)

May 9 - Spain (Barcelona)

May 23 - Monaco (Monte Carlo)

May 30 - Turkey (Istanbul)

Jun 13 - Canada (Montreal, provisional)

Jun 27 - Europe (Valencia)

Jul 11 - Great Britain (Donington Park)

Jul 25 - Germany (Hockenheim)

Aug 1 - Hungary (Budapest)

Aug 29 - Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)

Sep 12 - Italy (Monza)

Sep 26 - Singapore (starting at 2000 local time)

Oct 3 - Japan (Suzuka)

Oct 17 - South Korea (Yongam)

Oct 31 - Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina, starting at 1700 local time)

Nov 14 - Brazil (Interlagos)

Don't worry I won't mention you have had a dishonorable discharge from Planet F1 ~~ oops :)

Well it's sod's law, I have just booked a 4 day ticket for the OZ GP and the rate of exchange is the worst it's been for a year! Mind you I am pleased with the ticket, a grandstand seat for 4 days in 4 different stands with the big day stand right on the 1st turn after the start!

They must have changed the format for next season as it is now over 4 days rather than 3. Anyone been to Melbourne GP before? If so any tips appreciated.

TBWG :D

PS Somehow I do not think Donnington is going to happen!

Autosport are reporting Renault to stay in F1.................despite the Flav's frolic!.

Renault will stay in F1 despite scandal

By Jonathan Noble Wednesday, September 23rd 2009, 08:51 GMT

Renault has told the FIA that it will remain in Formula 1, despite the fall-out caused by the Singapore race-fix controversy.

Although there had been widespread suggestions that the matter, which has resulted in a two-year suspended ban from F1, could see the French car manufacturer exit the sport, it has emerged the team informed the governing body this week that it was keen to remain in the world championship.

In a statement it submitted to the FIA at Monday's World Motor Sport Council hearing in Paris, Renault stated: "Renault F1 and its parent company have given serious consideration as to whether it should remain in the sport following the prejudice caused to its corporate image by the conspiracy, in addition to the existing background of financial pressures that have caused car manufacturers to withdraw.

"But it has concluded that it would like to remain in Formula 1 and continue to make an important contribution to the sport."

Renault also promised to introduce a new team structure in light of the events of last year's Singapore Grand Prix to ensure there can never be a repeat of what occurred. Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds - who both face bans from involvement in F1 - have also resigned from the team.

The Enstone-based outfit admitted to the conspiracy - and stated it could never have believed its staff would have acted in such a manner. Its statement came after internal investigations within the team revealed that there had been a conspiracy for Nelson Piquet to deliberately crash in last year's Singapore event.

"Renault F1 had no reason to believe that the conspirators were capable of this kind of behaviour. Clearly the conspirators acted against the interests of Renault F1 and the sport generally," said the statement.

"If they had applied their minds to their actions, they could not have thought that their actions benefited Renault F1. The acts of the conspirators were so outside what they were employed to do and so contrary to Renault F1's interests, they ought not to be attributed to Renault F1. This is truly a case where the conspirators were on a frolic of their own."

It added: "Renault F1 will introduce a new structure within the team and will review its internal procedures in an effort to ensure that this type of incident will never happen again."

Well I must say that despite everything that has gone on, I am pleased they remain, not least for the additional engine option.

TBWG :)

Any guesses as to who witness "x" might possibly be?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/8269972.stm

I like to hope it was Alonso but I'm sure it will come out in the short term.

Why would you hope that Wacky?

He has stated all along that he knew nothing of the plan. If it turns out that he is witness "x" it means that he did know about it and although he was opposed to the plan he went along with the charade and celebrated his "victory". Hardly much honour in that.

Any guesses as to who witness "x" might possibly be?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/8269972.stm

I like to hope it was Alonso but I'm sure it will come out in the short term.

Why would you hope that Wacky?

He has stated all along that he knew nothing of the plan. If it turns out that he is witness "x" it means that he did know about it and although he was opposed to the plan he went along with the charade and celebrated his "victory". Hardly much honour in that.

Of course your right in your summation but it seems to be that a lot of posters think he was in on the scam from the word go so even if it isn't him people will still think he's guilty of complicity, maybe he is and if so then I will cross him off my christmas card list. :) .

What still seems unclear is that Symonds is saying that Piquet jr brought the proposal to him and that he went along with it but of course Piquet was saying the opposite stating that he was ordered to crash.

Yes Wacky, i read that myself today for the first time - the bit about it actually being Piquet's idea. I must admit i find it hard to believe that the driver himself would propose the idea of him crashing - seems much more like something the team (ie Flav) would dream up. Hopefully the truth will out before long.

According to the latest news from pitpass Spa may not be on the venue next year, it appears the government has revoked it's licence on the grounds of enviromental noise and suspended/revoked until 2026, the last GP there apparently also incurred a loss of some 3 million pounds :) .

Spa was losing money, shame really it was my favourite race. BBC has just announced that ING have ended there sponsorship of Renault with immediate effect.

Can you really blame them, after all who wants to be associated with cheats and yes I am aware that Renault as a manufacturer had absolutely nothing to do with the scam but read the news, it always states that Renault were caught not Briatore or Symonds so expect more to follow ING out of the door, life is not always fair. :) .

One man in particular was keener than most to put the events of last year's race behind him.

1 - "It's last week, the past, it is behind us and we move on," insisted Alonso, who warned the media melee he would stop answering questions in English if he was asked again about the events of 2008.

2 - "It is clear that I was not involved in the accident. It has been difficult times for the team but it is settled and it is in the past for us."

3 - Alonso, who added that he still counts his tainted victory in Singapore as a win, insists it is back to business as normal at Renault, who will now run without the support of title sponsor, Dutch bank ING, which has withdrawn its backing with immediate effect.

Taken from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/8274036.stm

Three points about Alonso's comments.

1 - Does he think that threatening to stop answering in English if questioned further about the events in Singapore last year is really the right attitude for him to take?

2 - He says that it is clear he was not involved in the accident. On what grounds is it clear? As he was the main beneficiary, it's natural that people will suspect his involvement - if not involvement then complicity. He has some way to go before it is clear in many people's minds. He could help himself by remaining open and willing to discuss the matter. For example, why doesn't he tell us all exactly how his strategy for the race was explained to him. Lightly fuelled for an early stop and sitting 15th on the grid, he must have been given some sort of reasoning.

3 - Rather than saying he still counts his tainted victory as a win, he might offer to return the Winners Trophy as a goodwill gesture and to show some sportsmanship.

Hi

Yes it is a blow to Renault to loose 2 major sponsors, but ING was on it's way at the end of the year anyway. I personally do not expect them to withdraw through lack of cash as I suspect a deal was done with the FIA where they got off lightly as a quid pro quo for maintaining a presence. Although interesting to hear Dave Richards is hovering with £50 million quid in his back pocket!

After watching the first days practice I have come to the conclusion that the Ferrari is a real dog of a car. Fisi languished at the tail end of the time-sheets most of the time and eventually finished 16th to Kimi's 14th just 0.30 of a second behind. I know Badoer was never that close but maybe he did a better job than we think!

I did not see any sign of Singha Beer sponsorship on the Red Bulls, but they did have 7-11 logos displayed. Anyone know of a connection or does the same Thai family own both companies?

Well all we need now is a wet race to really spice things up!

Not sure if I mentioned this before but I have just booked my 4day ticket for the OZ GP, a different stand each day with the one at the first corner for the big day, just my luck to buy when the Aus $ is at worst for a year! has anyone been? if so an tips appreciated!

One man in particular was keener than most to put the events of last year's race behind him.

1 - "It's last week, the past, it is behind us and we move on," insisted Alonso, who warned the media melee he would stop answering questions in English if he was asked again about the events of 2008.

2 - "It is clear that I was not involved in the accident. It has been difficult times for the team but it is settled and it is in the past for us."

3 - Alonso, who added that he still counts his tainted victory in Singapore as a win, insists it is back to business as normal at Renault, who will now run without the support of title sponsor, Dutch bank ING, which has withdrawn its backing with immediate effect.

Taken from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/8274036.stm

Three points about Alonso's comments.

1 - Does he think that threatening to stop answering in English if questioned further about the events in Singapore last year is really the right attitude for him to take?

2 - He says that it is clear he was not involved in the accident. On what grounds is it clear? As he was the main beneficiary, it's natural that people will suspect his involvement - if not involvement then complicity. He has some way to go before it is clear in many people's minds. He could help himself by remaining open and willing to discuss the matter. For example, why doesn't he tell us all exactly how his strategy for the race was explained to him. Lightly fuelled for an early stop and sitting 15th on the grid, he must have been given some sort of reasoning.

3 - Rather than saying he still counts his tainted victory as a win, he might offer to return the Winners Trophy as a goodwill gesture and to show some sportsmanship.

Three points about Rixalex's comments.

1. Given the pro-Hamilton English media's agenda (from where this article originates) who would love to cast Alonso as the villain in this episode, his position as a mother tongue Spanish speaker is entirely reasonable

2. On the grounds that there is no hard evidence that suggests otherwise. Anything else is pure supposition.

3. I tend to agree that this is a somewhat hollow victory. I feel result of this race should be voided as the Piquet incident had repercussions for so many runners in the field not only Alonso. I think Rosberg can feel particularly agrieved as can Massa, but at this stage there is no fair way to resolve this ?

Not sure if I mentioned this before but I have just booked my 4day ticket for the OZ GP, a different stand each day with the one at the first corner for the big day, just my luck to buy when the Aus $ is at worst for a year! has anyone been? if so an tips appreciated!

Been to the Oz GP a few times and it's certainly one of the best on the calendar. I would recommend a walk around the track (as at any circuit) and the vantage point just beyond 'Clark' is particularly good as it's on a natural mound in the terrain.

I always stayed in St Kilda which is very convenient for the track and great in the evenings.

Been to the Oz GP a few times and it's certainly one of the best on the calendar. I would recommend a walk around the track (as at any circuit) and the vantage point just beyond 'Clark' is particularly good as it's on a natural mound in the terrain.

I always stayed in St Kilda which is very convenient for the track and great in the evenings.

Thanks for the tips, one of my grandstand days is out at Clark, already booked hotel few Kms from circuit but will bear in mind St Kilda for evening entertainment :)

Virgin rules out signing Piquet

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78880

Taken from the above article:

"However, what I can say, is that as a director of the main board of Virgin, I can assure you that we would never have anybody in a team sponsored by us who cheats."

Complete nonsense. If Mr Schumacher or Mr Hamilton came knocking on their door wanting a drive, do you think they would be taking the moral highground then?

1. Given the pro-Hamilton English media's agenda (from where this article originates) who would love to cast Alonso as the villain in this episode, his position as a mother tongue Spanish speaker is entirely reasonable

It's only reasonable to refuse to give answers in English if a driver is struggling with language difficulties. Alonso is not. He just doesn't like the questions. Well i'm afraid that's tough. He is at the centre of just about the biggest controversy to hit the sport in years. The story has only just broken and we are returning to the scene of the crime. What does he expect the questions to be about for goodness sake?He has to show a bit more patience and grace in dealing with the media.

I also find the fact Alonso has bacically walked away from this affair scott free astounding. I cannot believe he knew nothing about this tactic and if he didn't know before then he certainly would be aware of the facts after the race and should have reported the matter himself. His attitude also stinks to high heaven. His refusal to answer questions will simply cause more people to believe he did cheat. Why also has he not been stripped of his winners trophy as he won by underhand methods which have been admitted ? A sad day for F1.t

I also find the fact Alonso has bacically walked away from this affair scott free astounding.

Just history repeating itself.

At McClaren Alonso got some dirt on his own team. Now if that bothered him the thing to do would have been to hand the evidence over to the FIA and walk away from the team. Instead, he tried to use the dirt as leverage against the team. As we know that failed, and in the end McClaren got severely punished, whilst Alonso simply walked away.

I also find the fact Alonso has bacically walked away from this affair scott free astounding.

Just history repeating itself.

At McClaren Alonso got some dirt on his own team. Now if that bothered him the thing to do would have been to hand the evidence over to the FIA and walk away from the team. Instead, he tried to use the dirt as leverage against the team. As we know that failed, and in the end McClaren got severely punished, whilst Alonso simply walked away.

A bit like that lying sod Hamilton, but getting back to the point of Alonso, at the moment it does not really matter whether you or the other Alonso detractors wish to speculate as to the guilt or innocence of the driver it's just that there is NO evidence from any source whatsoever that he was part and parcel of the conspiracy to cheat and throwing the shit about adds absolutely nothing to the discussion so when and if evidence comes to light then perhaps he should be banned or penalised in some way or another, so lets get things into perspective please.

I have said in the past that in my opinion when a team tells it's leading driver to let his more famous team mate pass to give him a higher point score in the championship can have a detrimental effect on the overall standings and is cheating whichever way you look at it eg; Barrichello/Shumacher and of course Coulthard/team mate?

A bit like that lying sod Hamilton,

A bit like Hamilton how? Alonso tried to use evidence of illegal activity for his own personal gain? Lewis has certainly done wrong, and been punished for it, but when did he try to blackmail his team?

at the moment it does not really matter whether you or the other Alonso detractors wish to speculate as to the guilt or innocence of the driver

Well it seems to matter to you. Personally, i have never accused him outright of being involved. I just have my suspicions, as others do. And when people have suspicions i think it's natural to discuss them. Trying to stop discussions, pushing them under the carpet, or in Alonso's case, refusing to answer questions, is not in my opinion the way to go about laying things to rest.

Yes i don't like Alonso, but the last thing i would want is for him to be found guilty of something he didn't do. Just want to get to the bottom of all the facts. At the moment, i don't think we have. Just my opinion mate. :)

Starting grid weights from Planet F1 source. (They have seen the error of their ways and let me back in :) )

1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 660.5

2. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 651.0

3. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 657.5

4. Webber Red Bull-Renault 654.5

5. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 655.5

6. Alonso Renault 658.0

7. Glock Toyota 660.5

8. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber 650.0

9. Kubica BMW-Sauber 664.0

10. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 664.5

11. Nakajima Williams-Toyota 680.7

12. Button Brawn-Mercedes 683.0

13. Raikkonen Ferrari 680.5

14. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 678.0

15. Trulli Toyota 690.9

16. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 693.0

17. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 683.5

18. Fisichella Ferrari 678.5

19. Grosjean Renault 683.0

20. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 656.0

Starting grid weights from Planet F1 source. (They have seen the error of their ways and let me back in :D )

1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 660.5

2. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 651.0

3. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 657.5

4. Webber Red Bull-Renault 654.5

5. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 655.5

6. Alonso Renault 658.0

7. Glock Toyota 660.5

8. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber 650.0

9. Kubica BMW-Sauber 664.0

10. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 664.5

11. Nakajima Williams-Toyota 680.7

12. Button Brawn-Mercedes 683.0

13. Raikkonen Ferrari 680.5

14. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 678.0

15. Trulli Toyota 690.9

16. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 693.0

17. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 683.5

18. Fisichella Ferrari 678.5

19. Grosjean Renault 683.0

20. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 656.0

Mosha I do hope you didn't go on hands and knees. :) .