Food From South Thailand

MZurf

My wife is really into food from south Thailand.

She has found a couple of stalls were they sell it but we are looking for a proper restaurant.

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

The Tammanthai restaurant in the new mall has at least two Southern dishes, possibly more. Southern style chicken curry in the high level restaurant and shrimp with stinky beans in the basement food court. Vientiane on South Pattaya Road also has a shrimp with stinky bean dish, possibly some others. Could you tell us about where these stalls are located, BTW? Ironically the absolute best Southern Thai food I ever had was in Chiang Mai at a very casual restaurant (curries in the pots, you open to look) which a southern Thai showed me. Never found it on later trips, so sad.

Edited by Jingthing

The Tammanthai restaurant in the new mall has at least two Southern dishes, possibly more. Southern style chicken curry in the high level restaurant and shrimp with stinky beans in the basement food court. Vientiane on South Pattaya Road also has a shrimp with stinky bean dish, possibly some others. Could you tell us about where these stalls are located, BTW? Ironically the absolute best Southern Thai food I ever had was in Chiang Mai at a very casual restaurant (curries in the pots, you open to look) which a southern Thai showed me. Never found it on later trips, so sad.

Hi,

Thank you for that info. We will give it a try.

One stall we have found is located close to the Soi Bokaw/Soi Lenki intersection. Just across the street from the Seven-Eleven store. At least it was there a month or so ago.

Another is (or at least was) found at the "intersection from hel_l" you get to before reaching Soi 17 on 3rd rd. when coming from south Pattaya rd. I forgot the name of that soi but the stall/restaurant is on the left side.