Thai Ownership And Leasing Back To Falang

Take a look at the list of active threads in this forum ... if you scroll down about three lines to "protecting yourself" you will find a thread in which this issue has been briefly addressed.

In addition there are many earlier threads re: leasing property that can be accessed via the forum search facility (top right this page)

Edited by chiangmaibruce

Not that I don't trust my Thai wife but I have often thought if it is possible to have a house or comercial property bought in my Thai wifes name and then she leases the property back to myself at a token 1 baht a month ?

You can officially own up to 1 Rai of land 100% in your own name on the chanote..! But Condo I'm not sure, check with your local Land Registry Office They will confirm..!

Not that I don't trust my Thai wife but I have often thought if it is possible to have a house or comercial property bought in my Thai wifes name and then she leases the property back to myself at a token 1 baht a month ?

You can officially own up to 1 Rai of land 100% in your own name on the chanote..! But Condo I'm not sure, check with your local Land Registry Office They will confirm..!

Back to skool, jasonr.

You forgot to mention that to do what you say the falang must invest under BOI rules and that requires a 40,000,000 baht investment.

There is no other way a falang can own land in Thailand under his own name.

Back to skool, jasonr.

You forgot to mention that to do what you say the falang must invest under BOI rules and that requires a 40,000,000 baht investment.

There is no other way a falang can own land in Thailand under his own name.

Unless he's a Thai citizen.

RAZZ