State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

Henryalleman and Edwardmoulton...let me ask you something.Are you farangs here?Obviously-Henryalleman is yellow(or just a militant guy) and Edwardmoulton is red. :D

So, to ask you why don't you mind your own business, instead to fight each other, if you are farangs.

And to Edwardmoulton: this always happens here. If you are farangs and if you are doing this, even not your business at all, then why is so hard to understand clash between Thais?

For operators,moderators here: i think you are sleeping if you allowed this to be posted here...I mean words of Edwardmoulton as"uncaring pig" and fascist...

Do your homework moderator.

:o

And my final post on TV is to say to stepenwolf1958, who are you to tell anyone what to do? You are Thai, congratulations! You just joined the world's lowest IQ, most belligerent, small minded and racist club on earth. Remember that foreigners only come to LOS for one thing and it is not your culture, trust me... Now your mindless stupidity and lack of ability to do anything properly are know the world over by recent events.

Work your problems out yourselves as you will be by yourselves - you have alienated all your tourists, all your business partners and even long time residents like me with the never ending rubbish you spout about telling us to get out of your business.

Well stick to your business and culture what little of it you possess and never watch our sport or travel to our countries because we know you all for what you are now. Cretins of the first order and the most ungrateful race on earth. Don't worry you will be crying into your somtam soon when the country is empty, unemployed and poor...

I hope this is your final post, and good riddance.  I have agreed with very few of yoru posts of which I have read, and that is OK. We are each entitled to our opinions.  But this last racist diatribe is simply too far beyond the ken.  We don't need that here.  You have the nerve to call the Thais the most "racist club on earth?"  What the heck do you think your post reveals about your racist beliefs?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let the Elections take place, Abhisit should win easy now most of his opposition have been banned from politics!

This way the UDD will have no argument and everybody will be happy. For those who say he needs to get the country up and running first, take a look outside. I don't think there is light at the end of the tunnel and no other way forward.

Why does an elected government need to hold elections? There will be elections once Abhisits term is up, is that not good enough? every 4 years you can vote and vote in a new guy if you don't like the current one. i don't see why there need to be elections AGAIN the last ones where less than 17 months ago. Besides even if we do have new election (TBH not the worst idea in the world) are you sure that UDD will abide by the results?

they seem to want thaksin back and thaksin alone, new elections will not make that happen since he's a felon, so the UDD will demand that thaksin will be pardoned including all the other banned politicians. I think they also want to reinstate the 1997 constitution (the current one forbids thaksin from running i believe), so that changes the whole thing again. It's not just election the UDD want, it's wholesale changes to the legal framework and that their dear leader be allowed to run, if they don't get that they will riot again.

May be they would accept a deal half way for example Elections but no Thaksin as PM

Do you think the situation is going to get better? I think it would be wise to start talks otherwise the problem will get worse.

So let the Elections take place, Abhisit should win easy now most of his opposition have been banned from politics!

This way the UDD will have no argument and everybody will be happy. For those who say he needs to get the country up and running first, take a look outside. I don't think there is light at the end of the tunnel and no other way forward.

Why does an elected government need to hold elections? There will be elections once Abhisits term is up, is that not good enough? every 4 years you can vote and vote in a new guy if you don't like the current one. i don't see why there need to be elections AGAIN the last ones where less than 17 months ago. Besides even if we do have new election (TBH not the worst idea in the world) are you sure that UDD will abide by the results?

they seem to want thaksin back and thaksin alone, new elections will not make that happen since he's a felon, so the UDD will demand that thaksin will be pardoned including all the other banned politicians. I think they also want to reinstate the 1997 constitution (the current one forbids thaksin from running i believe), so that changes the whole thing again. It's not just election the UDD want, it's wholesale changes to the legal framework and that their dear leader be allowed to run, if they don't get that they will riot again.

May be they would accept a deal half way for example Elections but no Thaksin as PM

Do you think the situation is going to get better? I think it would be wise to start talks otherwise the problem will get worse.

I do think the situation will get better, Thais are a creative bunch of people and good at compromise so i think some peaceful solution will be found. Yes i agree the talks need to start soon, even though i whole disagree with the entire UDD movement (even more so since today's actions) i don't see a way out that does not involve them.

I hope they agree to a deal similar to what you suggest, but i believe abhisit tried that already and thaksin refused. Here in lies the problem, UDD has so close ties to thaksin that i'm not sure they can do a deal that he does not like. Since thaksin being thaksin i doubt he will settle for anything less than a full pardon and the right to stand for elections (he has made these demands already), this forms a big hurdle to compomise.

Here's another one for you to investigate if you have time?

Was the Military Coup legal? Do the Military leaders have the power to stage coups when they please? if not has anybody been held responsible?

I would be interested to know the answers to those.

That one is easy, no need to investigate.

The answer is no, coups are not legal, the military never has the legal right to undermine the lawful government. Any time they do so is considered an act of treason.

*edit i read over your second questions (technically 3rd)

The sonthi (or sondhi?) coup was never punished since the surayad promise as part of the hand over deal to fully absolve the coup makers of all wrong doing and give them full immunity from persecution in the future

Well considering the Coup was Illegal and act of treason do you not think the UDD may actually have a good argument?

Do you no what the punishment for treason is? I guess its more serious than buying a plot of land in a public auction?

Was the Military Coup legal? Do the Military leaders have the power to stage coups when they please? if not has anybody been held responsible?

The answer is no, coups are not legal, the military never has the legal right to undermine the lawful government. Any time they do so is considered an act of treason.

The sonthi (or sondhi?) coup was never punished since the surayad promise as part of the hand over deal to fully absolve the coup makers of all wrong doing and give them full immunity from persecution in the future

Well considering the Coup was Illegal and act of treason do you not think the UDD may actually have a good argument?

Do you no what the punishment for treason is? I guess its more serious than buying a plot of land in a public auction?

The protesters are not protesting against the 2006 coup ... :o

Henryalleman and Edwardmoulton...let me ask you something.Are you farangs here?Obviously-Henryalleman is yellow(or just a militant guy) and Edwardmoulton is red. :D

So, to ask you why don't you mind your own business, instead to fight each other, if you are farangs.

And to Edwardmoulton: this always happens here. If you are farangs and if you are doing this, even not your business at all, then why is so hard to understand clash between Thais?

For operators,moderators here: i think you are sleeping if you allowed this to be posted here...I mean words of Edwardmoulton as"uncaring pig" and fascist...

Do your homework moderator.

:o

And my final post on TV is to say to stepenwolf1958, who are you to tell anyone what to do? You are Thai, congratulations! You just joined the world's lowest IQ, most belligerent, small minded and racist club on earth. Remember that foreigners only come to LOS for one thing and it is not your culture, trust me... Now your mindless stupidity and lack of ability to do anything properly are know the world over by recent events.

Work your problems out yourselves as you will be by yourselves - you have alienated all your tourists, all your business partners and even long time residents like me with the never ending rubbish you spout about telling us to get out of your business.

Well stick to your business and culture what little of it you possess and never watch our sport or travel to our countries because we know you all for what you are now. Cretins of the first order and the most ungrateful race on earth. Don't worry you will be crying into your somtam soon when the country is empty, unemployed and poor...

I hope this is your final post, and good riddance.  I have agreed with very few of yoru posts of which I have read, and that is OK. We are each entitled to our opinions.  But this last racist diatribe is simply too far beyond the ken.  We don't need that here.  You have the nerve to call the Thais the most "racist club on earth?"  What the heck do you think your post reveals about your racist beliefs?

Wow.

Did a lover here do you wrong?

HAAAA HAAA

Thai people are alright. I quite like them. Yes--they have different rules but that is ok.

Their government is a wreck but I never hold that against any people in any nation. it is not as if the majority of people can do anything about governments is it?

Any way--There are thieves and jerks everywhere on earth and it is not a Nationalistic thing but instead it is a human thing.

The jerks and thieves in my home nation are about as bad as any. They take trillions of dollars and then laugh.

I really do think some woman got to you. Again, that woman could have been from any nation. Any nation you go to you can and will possible be wronged by a failed relationship. Such is life.

I certainly think the Thai women have nice views.--when I look at them. HAA HAA

But seriously. The Thais do a lot of things right. I am getting sick of all the endless Thai bashing here.

A person living in Thailand is a heck of a lot more free than a person living in America, for example.

No one bothers you much.

So what the political things are broken.

That is a majority of nations is it not?

Thailand has not had major war after major war.

It has not killed its young in its military for stupid reasons.

And yeah---it is a little nationalistic and closed to foreigners joining the club but you can live here.

Thailand is a good place with political problems.

That is it.

The coup was definately illegal and i do believe the people responsible got off way too light. Only thing is that after the coup there were free and fair elections which thaksins party even won. Thaksin was then in charge (by proxy) of the government until the end of the somchai government, so from dec 2007 untill december 2008. If the UDD really was against the coup why did they not protest then? The UDD only came out when abhisit was (legally) elected as PM. I don't see how you can be fine with the TRT led government but then consider the abhisit government illegal because of the coup since both happend after the 2007 elections.

As to the legal punishment for abuse of power, i'm not sure what the norm is, but 2 years does not seem that excessive, you get more for simple theft or other types of fraud. The main point though is that he IS convicted in a proper court of law while TRT was in power, so you can't argue undue pressure by the goverment in getting a conviction.

The answer is again very simple. A military coup is ALWAYS illegal.

The answer is again very simple. A military coup is ALWAYS illegal.

No a coup is only illegal if not successful!

If successful than the law is written to make it legal.

Like starting a war is only a crime if you loose it. The winner writes the book of history

CRACKDOWN BEGINS

Troops, firing tear gas and shots into the air, have moved in on protesters at the Din Daeng intersection near Victory Monument.

Troops, firing shots into the air, have been trying to take control of the Din Daeng intersection from red-shirted protesters, according to TV news reports. There were reportedly some injuries but no immediate reports of death.

TV news footage showed soldiers firing shots into the air. Tear gas was also fired, TV reporters at the scene said.

The clash took place around 4 am and left an unknown number of soldiers and protesters injured, it was reported.

Protest leaders have woken up red-shirted demonstrators at Government House to inform them of the Din Daeng incident and tell them to prepare themselves for a possible crackdown.

Gunshots at Din Daeng intersection could still be heard around 5 am, but not as intense as an hour earlier. TV footage showed some wounded protesters taken into military vehicles.

Earlier, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has assured the nation that there is no disharmony within the government as well as key agencies responsible for enforcing law and order.

In a late-night television address, Abhisit was flanked by all key government, military and police leaders, a setting apparently intended to stamp out persistent speculation that he was losing support of top police and military officers.

He said the rumours were intended to weaken the government which has been trying to restore law and order through peaceful means.

"There have been a lot of rumours and I would like the Thai media to report on the truth to the Thai public," he said.

Among false reports, he said, were claims that security forces had already resorted to violence to suppress the red-shirted protesters.

The prime minister insisted that a united government remained confident that the situation would improve in the next few days.

Abhisit had vowed not to bow to the red-shirted protesters' demand for him to either step down or dissolve the House, and expressed confidence that the military and the police, whom he had reportedly criticised in private, were still firmly on his side. It had been reported that Abhisit singled out police chief Patcharawat Wongsuwan for sharp criticism following Saturday's collapse of the Asean summit with dialogue partners.

Coup rumours were intense late Sunday afternoon but seemed to subside late into the night. Speculation now was focused on when security forces would move against protesters occupying some key areas in the city.

Notice its only one place, and just tear gas.

But it fulfills the "use of force" that will now bring more to join the reds. This should act as a call to the streets for many other people now, and Abhisit has gone past the "non use of violence" and will now be remembered as a Thai PM who ordered use of force against Thai people, and will be treated as such.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...d-at-protesters

Tear gas fired at protesters

At least 20 anti-government protesters and military offiers are injured on Monday morning as the government has employed a force to dispearse the protest near Din Daeng Intersection

Intitially, the injured people are sent to the Rama Hospital. Most are wounded by tear gas.

The force uses tear gas. They are equipped with guns but insist that they only shot into the sky to threaten the protesters and did not aim at them.

The protesters have gathered and obstructed the traffic near the intersection since Sunday after the government has announced the State of Emergency in Bangkok and suburbs.

There is no report of police firing tear gas at any other place apart from Din Daeng. There is no action from the government at the main rally near the Government House. The crowd at the Din Daeng is not as big as the group's main rally site.

CRACKDOWN BEGINS

Troops, firing tear gas and shots into the air, have moved in on protesters at the Din Daeng intersection near Victory Monument.

Troops, firing shots into the air, have been trying to take control of the Din Daeng intersection from red-shirted protesters, according to TV news reports. There were reportedly some injuries but no immediate reports of death.

TV news footage showed soldiers firing shots into the air. Tear gas was also fired, TV reporters at the scene said.

The clash took place around 4 am and left an unknown number of soldiers and protesters injured, it was reported.

Protest leaders have woken up red-shirted demonstrators at Government House to inform them of the Din Daeng incident and tell them to prepare themselves for a possible crackdown.

Gunshots at Din Daeng intersection could still be heard around 5 am, but not as intense as an hour earlier. TV footage showed some wounded protesters taken into military vehicles.

Earlier, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has assured the nation that there is no disharmony within the government as well as key agencies responsible for enforcing law and order.

In a late-night television address, Abhisit was flanked by all key government, military and police leaders, a setting apparently intended to stamp out persistent speculation that he was losing support of top police and military officers.

He said the rumours were intended to weaken the government which has been trying to restore law and order through peaceful means.

"There have been a lot of rumours and I would like the Thai media to report on the truth to the Thai public," he said.

Among false reports, he said, were claims that security forces had already resorted to violence to suppress the red-shirted protesters.

The prime minister insisted that a united government remained confident that the situation would improve in the next few days.

Abhisit had vowed not to bow to the red-shirted protesters' demand for him to either step down or dissolve the House, and expressed confidence that the military and the police, whom he had reportedly criticised in private, were still firmly on his side. It had been reported that Abhisit singled out police chief Patcharawat Wongsuwan for sharp criticism following Saturday's collapse of the Asean summit with dialogue partners.

Coup rumours were intense late Sunday afternoon but seemed to subside late into the night. Speculation now was focused on when security forces would move against protesters occupying some key areas in the city.

TPBS has been breaking into their English language show with footage of soldiers shooting. There seems to be wounded on both sides, but clearly, the Reds are on the run. I imagine this is happening all over the city. The Reds are being driven out. I wonder if Thaksin is going to keep to his promise made just yesterday that he will come back if the authorities begin shooting.

Thaksin, we are waiting.

Small explosion at Thai court, no injuries

www.chinaview.cn 2009-04-13 06:03:28 Print

BANGKOK, April 13 (Xinhua) -- A small bomb was thrown into the Constitutional Court early Monday morning, causing minor damage to the court building but no casualties, Thailand's MCOT TV station reported.

The explosion occurred around 03:30 a.m. (2030 GMT Sunday) and damaged windows of the building. Two unexploded bombs were also found in the court area. Bangkok Metropolitan Police Chief Worapong Chiewpreecha rushed to the scene to inspect the loss, the MCOT said.

The court, an independent one established under the 1997 Constitution, on December 2, 2008 dissolved then three ruling parties in the coalition government -- People Power Party (PPP), Chart Thai Party and Matchima Thipataya Party -- over charges of electoral fraud.

On April 9, protesters led by the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) known as the red-shirted people marched to the court, demanding all court members to resign for their ruling of dissolving the PPP.

On Sunday afternoon, Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva abruptly declared a state of emergency in Bangkok and some districts in five nearby provinces, citing increasing danger of violence by anti-government protesters in the capital.  

AJE is reporting that the crackdown has begun. Primary weapon will be water cannons. Happy Songkran!

Can I be cannon man (might need a Ned Kelly suit :o )....could have the team alternate the mix between ice cold and Bangkok sewer.... :D

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...d-at-protesters

Tear gas fired at protesters

At least 20 anti-government protesters and military offiers are injured on Monday morning as the government has employed a force to dispearse the protest near Din Daeng Intersection

Intitially, the injured people are sent to the Rama Hospital. Most are wounded by tear gas.

The force uses tear gas. They are equipped with guns but insist that they only shot into the sky to threaten the protesters and did not aim at them.

The protesters have gathered and obstructed the traffic near the intersection since Sunday after the government has announced the State of Emergency in Bangkok and suburbs.

There is no report of police firing tear gas at any other place apart from Din Daeng. There is no action from the government at the main rally near the Government House. The crowd at the Din Daeng is not as big as the group's main rally site.

LH: Why didn't you mention that the crackdown was precipitated by a bomb being thrown by red shirts at soldiers guarding the constitutional court at 3am this morning, 1 soldier seriously wounded? Just reported on AJE.

George

PLEASE can this site be confined to news - I have just waded through pages of peoples opinons -- Yes I agree that everyone has the right to express an opinion but I live in Thailand and want to know what is going on regardless of which side is right or wrong -- My children and Grandchildren are in Bangkok -- I am in Pattaya -- I was threatened by red shirts here as I come from England and they are angry about Englands treatment of Tax---in and wife.

Other footage around Bangkok showing Red's being clubbed and fleeing.

Just the same old Din Daeng footage played over and over again.

Unless Din Daeng is all of Bangkok.

Use of force against protesters at Din Daeng, Abhisit is now a violent man, use of force.

Democrats must now dissolve the House.

20 Thai citizens injured by government action.

Blood is now on Abhisits hands.

George

PLEASE can this site be confined to news - I have just waded through pages of peoples opinons -- Yes I agree that everyone has the right to express an opinion but I live in Thailand and want to know what is going on regardless of which side is right or wrong -- My children and Grandchildren are in Bangkok -- I am in Pattaya -- I was threatened by red shirts here as I come from England and they are angry about Englands treatment of Tax---in and wife.

I find it hilarious people try to play the :

Brits beware of Thaksin cause of the Visa.

Everyone knows that countries must abide by international agreements, and Thaksin knows that the conviction in Bangkok invalidated his UK visa.

Stop being idiots and trying to portray such narrow minded "scare mongering".

Other footage around Bangkok showing Red's being clubbed and fleeing.

Just the same old Din Daeng footage played over and over again.

Unless Din Daeng is all of Bangkok.

Use of force against protesters at Din Daeng, Abhisit is now a violent man, use of force.

Democrats must now dissolve the House.

20 Thai citizens injured by government action.

Blood is now on Abhisits hands.

My god you talk some rubbish.

What were they supposed ro do ?

Let them ruin this country just so one man who has obvioulsy been planning this day for a long time, can ride triumphantly into town and reclaim (and subject) his people???

Hmm the mia say the red shirts are in riverside offering money to the locals to come join them. She says,"thaksin and red shirt leaders are very bad now they try to drag people to join and pay, as you know many people have no job at the moment so they just join for money "

Edited by waza