New Amazing Restaurant... Probably The Best In Chiang Mai!

bolx

My friend has just opened a restaurant somewhere in chiang mai, im not sure where it is, i think it's just outside chiang mai to be honest, maybe in one of the little provinces, it might be hard to find. I don't know the name of it and i'm not too sure where it is, and i've never eaten there, i don't really know what sort of food he serves there, but he's a nice bloke and i'm sure his food would taste really good. I bet it would be the best food in chiang mai, or definately in the top 10,000 restaurants in chiang mai. I definatley recommend everyone check it out as soon as possible.

I've had better food and he's not that nice either.

My friend has just opened a restaurant somewhere in chiang mai, im not sure where it is, i think it's just outside chiang mai to be honest, maybe in one of the little provinces, it might be hard to find. I don't know the name of it and i'm not too sure where it is, and i've never eaten there, i don't really know what sort of food he serves there, but he's a nice bloke and i'm sure his food would taste really good. I bet it would be the best food in chiang mai, or definately in the top 10,000 restaurants in chiang mai. I definatley recommend everyone check it out as soon as possible.

I don't understand why people have a problem with others being passionate about food and low and behold that food comes from certain restaurants. Why is that a bad thing, can someone please fill me in?

You really can't be serious :)

I don't understand why people have a problem with others being passionate about food and low and behold that food comes from certain restaurants. Why is that a bad thing, can someone please fill me in?

You really can't be serious :)

hey i am serious

what is this fo-ram for ?? to pass on photos of domesticated cats?? water colors for sale or juts april first jokers having fun????

why did the chez marco thread get closed? people were trying the restaurant and happy they had learned about it with a 100% happy rating when thread closed....

.... so some kinds of education even at an old age is good for the stomach...

why would the thread be closed when moderators can delete anything everything they need to totally or partially from a specific post if it is rude crude or juts does not apply... i have yet to quite figure this out .

so yes. some people enjoy being tipped off to great food at reasonable cost and are sick and tired of hearing about over priced foo foo joints that charge the knot for nothing special in paricular.. and or grease pits on the other end of the spectrum...

Edited by gatorhead333

The reason the thread was closed was two-fold.

First, the point was made that Chez Marcos is a fine new restaurant, worthy of member's attention. I believe a careful reading will show that I personally gave a plus vote for the place. However, there is no need to beat the subject into the ground.

Secondly, when the thread veered into a heart-rending discussion of the travails of innocents caught in the despicable grips of the white slave trade, an attempt (gentle) was made to try to keep the thread on topic. And then a personal attack/flame war erupted. Not a pretty situation.

I have a suggestion for new members who might be new to this forum thing.

If someone makes an outlandish statement, or defames someone, or launches a personal attack......Stop. Take a deep breath. Then locate the little grey button at the bottom left corner of every post. It says "! Report". Press the little button, and write a brief sentence regarding your reason for reporting the offending post. Do not engage in a flame-fest, as that is what gets threads closed, muy rapido.

Hope this helps, and thanks for your understanding.

Gotta go, off to Chez Marcos for a pastis, olive tapenade and a salade nicoise..... :)

Hey even I'm intrigued about the restaurant in the previous post. I don't have to mention it though as Gator has done it like 50 times already in this thread. Dang! I'm scared to hang out there if there's a stalker. I get it Gator, you looove medi, you looove that other place, medi food is healthy. We all get it. Can't wait to check it out, but this is almost coming off like a commercial or something. You're coming on a little heavy here. Almost like OCD. Give us some room to breathe, please.

As to 'No Name' the restaurant, Jing (was it ?) is onto something. It'd be fun. But really, put food in it. One of the best places I've eaten and hung out in in SE Asia was a funky little expat establishment in Phnom Penh called 'Talking to a Stranger.' When I heard friends insist we go there I was highly suspicious, but instead it turned out to be a brilliant evening that lasted like 5 hours. What a great time. It was people rolling with great atmosphere and good food. And they really pulled it off, and somehow they had their finger on the pulse of the more interesting ppl in town - or so it was in my memory - and indeed there was alot of mixing and conversation with strangers, almost like a party of intimates.