Best Thai Seafood Restaurant At Best Cost In Cm With Best View?

gatorhead333

mrsouza, thanks for the tips and here's one for you in return: Thajene Chomchan. It's on Soi Photharam and phone number is 053 221 919. Excellent place with options of sitting in the gardens (tip - stay away from the TV!!) or in air con where they often have a band playing or outside but under cover.

Cheers

Thanks mate, I'll definitely have a go at that one on my next seafood-hunt.

Found this page for reference and directions.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a seafood lover and former resident of Phuket, I have been scouting around quite a bit since moving to CM and found a few gems.

- The seafood place at the end of Anusarn market (forgot the name) is actually really good food wise, but the owners tend to rip off their customers and they are way overpriced.

- The restaurant above the Chiang Mai Zoo (Paalad Tawanron?) is really nice in all aspects, great food and view. Kinda pricey, but worth it once in a while. Excellent place to take visitors or for business dinners. Nice night view of CM.

- If you dont mind the view, you really should try out "Nai Dum" also known as "Mr. Dum" (นายดำ). It's on Muang Road, about halfway between the railway station and Ping river. Driving towards town, its on the left. There is a karaoke place next to it with a sign saying "DJ Karaoke 2", or smiliar. Dun remember. This is quite popular with locals and is actually a famous khao tom place. They have live fresh seafood and the Singapore-style black pepper crab is top notch. 250 baht per crab, which is not bad compared to Phuket prices. They also have dried deer jerk, kids love it. I went with wife and 3 kids, 2 crabs, lotsa thai food and a few beers. 820 baht. Unbeatable.

I havent tried Maha Naga yet, but its on my hit list. :)

Paalad tawanron isn't that the one with the incredible view of CM ? we ate there few years ago when it had juts opened

as i remember i thought it was a chinese type restaurant with some seafood ? maybe better now ,back then seems o.k. but view was great.

great place to take a date as you said maybe te best place the view was something!

thanks for the seafood tips will try these places and that one again.

. . . the best less expensive seafood restaurant with the most excelent calming view ...stay tuned soon come...

Mark me down as staying tuned.

The steak house you went to. Was it by any chance the steak house run by Le Crystal out at JJ market near the Tesco Lotus on the Superhighway?

yes ,that is the one , the place has matured and is quite a bit i was there while ago now it seems very good.

Marco himself will tell you his beef does not compare to the steak house beef.. he said they gets theres out of Bangkok ,I suggested to him to find the good beef connection in BBK too. with his mushroom sauce it helped make his 350 baht filet steak a treat regardless!

mrsouza, thanks for the tips and here's one for you in return: Thajene Chomchan. It's on Soi Photharam and phone number is 053 221 919. Excellent place with options of sitting in the gardens (tip - stay away from the TV!!) or in air con where they often have a band playing or outside but under cover.

Cheers

Thanks mate, I'll definitely have a go at that one on my next seafood-hunt.

Found this page for reference and directions.

Yup that's the one and it's well worth visiting and if the oysters are working there's another fine place not 3 minutes away. It's called the Love Boat (turn left as you leave the soi and you'll see it on your right).

Enjoy