Thai People

steveweaver99

I wouldn't say Issan folks have better manners -- just rude in different ways.

They've been shat upon for so long their rudeness is much more covert.

They'd be far more likely to spit in your noodles than brazenly cut in line at Sewen -- the characteristic and unmistakable sign of a hiso Bangkok slaveowner.

This isn't inflammatory?

It's happened to me, and, depending on my mood at the time, I'll either just look at them like they're crazy, or push back. Edit: It usually depends on their size. Usually.

Please stop with the "culture" thing. It has nothing to do with "culture."

Edited by Shotime

I'd say it is part of the culture.

Some in Thailand are convinced they're part of some privileged class who aren't restricted by common laws or respect for others.

Like it or not, that is part of this culture.

From my experience I would say it is not the Thai people in general, but the young generation(35 and under), give me, me first crowd of young folks that I have encount fit this profile. These are the same one you throw water directly in the face of Motorcycle riders during Songkran/throw water on the Elderly when politely ask not to do so, then the next day cannot look you in the eye and say hello, what a sorry sorry bunch. :):D

I'd say it is part of the culture.

Some in Thailand are convinced they're part of some privileged class who aren't restricted by common laws or respect for others.

Like it or not, that is part of this culture.

Maybe you should look the word up in your dictionary.

Edit: I've never noticed an age difference.

Edited by Shotime