Naming And Shaming

Vista Gardens Suk Soi 71.

Many people have had problems with this condo.

They finished one of the two towers but the other has been at a standstill for well over a year.

My Wife has a freind who lives in Tower A, and apparantly there is a big placard at the entrance of Tower B saying it cannot be completed at the moment as all the people listed below had pulled out (or had the sense to demand their money back after a 2 year delay).

My Wife's name is second on the list after some famous Thai actress.

Great way to deflect the flack for their failings eh?

Anyone else ever seen this happen anywhere?

Edited by ThaiPauly

We have to be VERY careful with Name-and-Shame threads, lets keep this absolutely factual, no speculation, otherwise (although I don't like it) it must go :)

Thailand has very strict laws on libel and slander, which may be of use to our OP (if his wife was never involved with said project) but they can be a double-edge sword when it comes to discussions on Thaivisa.

Well of course, the assumption might be that anyone putting their name down for a unit actually wants to buy the unit rather than selling the unit on pre-completion to make a fat profit on a small deposit.

Not that I'm saying anyone does such things, but then those are the people who tend to drop out of the deal first (low risk being part of their calculation).

If I had dropped out of paying I would not mind my name being on the list - a simple statement of truth.

The consequences may of course be exagerated, then again they may not.