Need Help Filling Out Visa Form

I'm applying for non-immigrant B multiple entry visa... I've a couple of questions about the visa application form. I've looked at the example form on this site and it has me confused :\

1. Duration of proposed stay - On the example it says 90 days, but shouldn't I put 12 months?

2. Purpose of visit - I'll be working for a company in BKK. On the example it says "Tourism", but shouldn't the correct answer be "Business"?

Thanks

Edited by kabal1234

1. You can only stay for 90 days on a visa entry so 90 should be fine.

2. Business it should be. The example is not specific to B visa but "holiday" would not be a proper reason for non immigrant visa issue so it is flawed.

If you want a 12 month visa I would put 12 months. I recently did that and was given a 12 month multi-entry no problem. If you put 90 days Thai logic might assume that you only want a 90 day visa.

1. 90 days. Because that is what a visa entry allows.

2. Business

Hello,incase i apply a retirement visa what documents do i provide,

Nothing more than your passport at most nearby consulates if you are getting a single entry visa. The passport will prove your age,.

For a multiple entry visa what you have to show will depend upon where you are going to apply. Some may want so see some money in the bank.

There is no retirement visa. There is the non immigrant O visa and the long stay non immigrant OA visa which some people call retirement (the OA is actually designed for retirement). The OA visa you obtain in your home country and will require medical certificate and police check paperwork in the format the specific Consulate advises.

2. Business

Nothing more than your passport at most nearby consulates if you are getting a single entry visa. The passport will prove your age,.

For a multiple entry visa what you have to show will depend upon where you are going to apply. Some may want so see some money in the bank.

do i change my tourist visa to non O to get a retirement visa?how much money do i show them.

2. Business

do i change my tourist visa to non O to get a retirement visa?how much money do i show them.

Are you asking about a visa or a one year extension of stay from Immigration? I suspect it is about extension of stay and that requires 65k per month income/800k in Thai bank account or a combination to equal 800k. If you have that and 21 days reaming on an entry you can obtain the conversion to non immigrant 90 day stay and extend during that time for the one year period. 2,000 baht for the visa and 1,900 baht for the extension of stay. You need bank passbook/copies and letter of account balance to match and/or letter from your Embassy of income.

You don't get a visa here. You can do a change of visa status from a tourist visa to get an extension of stay based upon retirement.

You go to immigration with proof that you have the 65,000 per month income or 800,000 baht in the bank or a combination of the 2 totaling 800,000 baht. You also need to have 21 days remaining on your current entry. You then a apply for a change of visa status (2000 baht) and they issue a visa that can then be extended for one year that costs 1900 baht more.

Some immigration offices will do this all at the same time if you prove income or have the money in the bank for 2 months already.

Edit: Not all immigration offices will do a change of visa status.

You don't get a visa here. You can do a change of visa status from a tourist visa to get an extension of stay based upon retirement.

You go to immigration with proof that you have the 65,000 per month income or 800,000 baht in the bank or a combination of the 2 totaling 800,000 baht. You also need to have 21 days remaining on your current entry. You then a apply for a change of visa status (2000 baht) and they issue a visa that can then be extended for one year that costs 1900 baht more.

Some immigration offices will do this all at the same time if you prove income or have the money in the bank for 2 months already.

Edit: Not all immigration offices will do a change of visa status.

thank you for your help.I appreciate it.