Atm Transaction Time Out?

Tried three times this morning at the same ATM to take cash out. Each time it failed and said transaction time out. As I did it as fast as possible in the end I don't think this can be the reason, anyone know why it failed? Plenty in account and correct pin.

Tried three times this morning at the same ATM to take cash out. Each time it failed and said transaction time out. As I did it as fast as possible in the end I don't think this can be the reason, anyone know why it failed? Plenty in account and correct pin.

Same thing has happened to me in the past i think the data link goes down or your home banks systems are down so it cant connect. Try today its bound to be working again

Had the same problem a couple of times, try a different bank. Just check you did not get slugged for the transaction fees.

The ATM could be out of money :D , the data link slow :D (we all know how reliable the internet is in Thailand), something broken at the local bank :) or it is a card skimming machine and you are in all sorts of trouble :D now amongst many other things.

Get the same problem frequently if using UK credit cards in local ATM machines. Spoke to the UK banks several times and according to them this occurs due to communication errors (and is common from BKK) - each time it occurs there is no record of any attempt at withdrawl on the UK bank system.

They advised to use Siam Commercial ATMs if possible. Personally I have found that around 8am BKK time tends to be best.