Bangkok V Phuket

kal147

Hi everyone, I'm rather new around here ... so a brief intro. I'm a single man, 44, live in Chicago, USA, and I am planning on trying a new TELF career in Thailand.

I'm learning towards Phuket over BKK because I hear it's really beautiful, less crowded, and easier to get around. However, I haven't heard your guys point of view yet. So please tell me if you have familiarity with both places, which do you prefer, and what do you see are the pluses and minuses for BKK or Phuket in regards to:

1) Teaching or other job opportunities

2) Pay for those jobs

3) Cost of living comparison (housing etc)

4) Quality of life

5) Dating scene

6) Getting around

8) Noisy -quiet

9) Other factors I should be aware of

Any and all responses will be much appreciated, if you need to know more about me ... just ask.

Hi everyone, I'm rather new around here ... so a brief intro. I'm a single man, 44, live in Chicago, USA, and I am planning on trying a new TELF career in Thailand.

I'm learning towards Phuket over BKK because I hear it's really beautiful, less crowded, and easier to get around. However, I haven't heard your guys point of view yet. So please tell me if you have familiarity with both places, which do you prefer, and what do you see are the pluses and minuses for BKK or Phuket in regards to:

1) Teaching or other job opportunities

2) Pay for those jobs

3) Cost of living comparison (housing etc)

4) Quality of life

5) Dating scene

6) Getting around

8) Noisy -quiet

9) Other factors I should be aware of

Any and all responses will be much appreciated, if you need to know more about me ... just ask.

All I can say is I live in Bkk and would uproot in a heartbeat to move to Phuket!

Less noise, fresh sea air, beach...What more could you ask for? :D

As for jobs, obviously Bkk's gonna have more oppertunities but Phukets a big place, you sound like an educated guy so I don't see you having a problem finding teaching work there.

As for living cost etc.. you'll get the best response if you post a queary in the Phuket forum...Link here.....

Bkk you can live very cheaply but it all depends on how much you wanna spend.

Well :o and good luck!