Avast Feature To Be Careful Of

cdnvic

Avast, so far as I can tell, is a great antivirus program. It uses few resourses, catches everything that's thrown at it, and costs nothing so far.

One proplem is, it talks to you, and at unexpected times. Sometimes its just a siren that goes off when you get an email virus. No problem, I'm always at the keyboard when that happens. The other is when it gets an automatic update, which can happen at any time, and it tells you "Your virus definitions have been updated!"

Cool eh?

Not always.

Last night I had been playing some music at a particularly loud volume before turning in, and I inadvetantly left my speakers cranked up full. At about 3am while I'm in the midst of a peaceful sleep about 10ft from said speakers, Avast announces in a loud booming voice about the volume of a jackhammer, "YOUR VIRUS DEFINITIONS HAVE BEEN UPDATED!!!!"

I think my fingernail marks are still in the ceiling.

So by all means get Avast, because as I said, its a great program..... just remember that on a dark night, its out there and ready to pounce without warning. :o

cv

Avast..... just remember that on a dark night, its out there and ready to pounce without warning.  :o

I'm new in Bangkok and newer to the amusements on a Friday night, so tonight I titillated my household of one (yes, I talk to myself) by reading out load your experience

... between peals of laughter ... and tears streaming down my face ... yes, 'Avast' amount of amusement.

and may there be many more contributions from the source ...

• 1 year later...