What Documents Are Required For A Retirement Visa?

Can anybody, tell me what documemts are required for an retirement visa?

I have herd, they require a police report, I am from the UK, and don't want to go back to the UK to obtain one. How can I get this certificate from Thailand? Where, cost how? The uk certificate, is not valid for Thailand, so what good is this?

Pleae list full documents required and process, to make visa.

Edited by Martinpeter

A police report is not needed to get an extension based upon retirement (its not a via) at immigration.

It is only needed to get a non immigrant OA visa at a embassy or consulate.

The only thing you need is proof of 65k baht income proven by a letter from your embassy or a letter from the bank showing you have 800K baht in the bank for 2 months (first extension only 3 later) or a combination of the 2 totaling 800K.

Copies of passport pages and TM6 departure card.

I have herd, they require a police report, I am from the UK, and don't want to go back to the UK to obtain one. How can I get this certificate from Thailand? Where, cost how? The uk certificate, is not valid for Thailand, so what good is this?

Can i tranfer from my tourist visa, without police report then? with, passport and bank statements at immigration then?.

Edited by Martinpeter

Can i tranfer from my tourist visa, without police report then? with, passport and bank statements at immigration then?.

Yes if you have at least 21 days remaining on your stay. No police report needed.

This is the information as issued by Pattaya immigration when applying for an extension of stay within the Kingdom.

As always with Thai translations the English leaves a lot to be desired.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO EXTEND VISA FOR SENIOR CITIZENS IN CASE OF OVER 50 YEARS OLD.

1. APPLICATION FORM (TM7)

2. ONE 4X6 CM PHOTGRAPH

3. PASSPORT AND A COPY OF PASSPORT (MUST HAVE OBTAINED A NON IMMIGRANT VISA PRIOR TO THE SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION)

4. LETTER FROM EMBASSY WHICH SHOWS SOCIAL SECURITY PENSION WITH THE AMOUNT OF PENSION NOT LESS THAN 65,000 BAHT PER MONTH AND TRANSFER SLIP (IF APPLICABLE)

5. LETTER FROM BANK IN THAILAND WITH ACCOUNT BALANCE NOT LESS THAN 800.000 BAHT AND A PHOTOCOPY OF BANK BOOK ILLUSTRATING ALL TRANSACTIONS IN THE PAST THREE MONTHS.

6. CONBINE NO. 3 AND NO. 4 NOT LESS THAN 65.000 BAHT PER MONTH OR 800.000 BAHT PER YEAR.

7. APPLICATION FEE OF 1.900 BAHT.

Excuse the upper case print but that's the way it's printed on the immigration leaflet.

Personally I will be applying for my 1-year retirement extension of stay within the next few days and one item I’ll add to the above is ‘proof of address’ (UBC bill) which they now seem to request on every visit I make like 90 day reporting.

A couple of points worth noting.

You cannot obtain a retirement visa on the back of a tourist visa.

To obtain a 1-year visa based on retirement you must have at least a 3-month non 'O' visa obtained outside of Thailand.

If your a UK citizen then verification of pension income can be obtained via the British Consulate office which is in Soi 5 Jomtien, just beyond the immigration office.

The Embassy representative there is Barry kenyan who is most helpful.

If your unsure and i can be of further help then feel free to PM me.

You are wrong on one thing. You can do a change of visa status at immigration with a tourist visa to get an extension based upon retirement but you must have 21 days remaining on your permit to stay.

Point taken but if that is the case then immigration is wrong as part 3 clearly states that you must have obtained a non immigrant visa and not a tourist visa prior to your application:

3. PASSPORT AND A COPY OF PASSPORT (MUST HAVE OBTAINED A NON IMMIGRANT VISA PRIOR TO THE SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION)

Point taken but if that is the case then immigration is wrong as part 3 clearly states that you must have obtained a non immigrant visa and not a tourist visa prior to your application:

Yes and they will have obtained a Non Imm Visa from Immigration prior to applying for the extension.

That info you have was probably printed in the days before it was possible to convert.

It is not wrong. When a change of visa status is done they issue a non immigrant visa that is then extended. It is a 2 step process.

5. Is outdated, For a first time extension the money only has to be in the bank for 60 days. There months for the rest.

6. Is also wrong or poorly writen. It is a combination of income and money in the bank totaling 800,000 baht.

Somebody told me that the 65,000b income must show the income coming into Thailand---so flowing into a Thai bank etc.

I thought the the 65,000 must be general income--pensions and stuff, even in the UK--and the embassy letter will just state my income in baht.

I am converting from a working Non-Imm O to retirement extn, that's all. Are there any likely problems with this?? Can I do it the same day at Suan Plu as long as I have all copies and photos?

Once I have the ret extn do I still have to do 90 day reporting??

P Eddy

Are you currently on an extension of stay based upon employment given by immigration? If yes then you will need a letter stating that your job has ended to change to a retirement extension. The letter must state that the date is the same as the date you go to immigration or you might have to pay for overstay if you go after that date.

If you have a letter from the embassy that shows that you have 65.000 baht income you can get the extension. The letter will show your income in pounds not baht. See this webpage from the embassy website for info.

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for...ng-in-thailand/

You do not have to show that the full income is entering Thailand according to the rules.

You can get your extension the same day at Suan Plu.

Yes you still have to do 90 day reports.

on the UKinthailand website listed above I see that they certify the amount of pension OR OTHER income for the retirement extension application. Can this income come from employment (outside of Thailand) or is it assumed (by both thai immigration and embassy officials) that all of the THB65000 monthly income declared for purposes of obtaining an retirement extension is derived from non-employment sources (pension, investments, etc.)?

on the UKinthailand website listed above I see that they certify the amount of pension OR OTHER income for the retirement extension application. Can this income come from employment (outside of Thailand) or is it assumed (by both thai immigration and embassy officials) that all of the THB65000 monthly income declared for purposes of obtaining an retirement extension is derived from non-employment sources (pension, investments, etc.)?

Any income. Pension/Investments/Employment. Combination of all 3 is ok.

Any income. Pension/Investments/Employment. Combination of all 3 is ok.

is the exit/re-entry permit/facility available to all extension holders (retirement, marriage, etc.)?...90 day reporting requirements are the same...?

I have just renewed my retirment extension at the Singkhon IP checkpoint this morning. This year because of exchange rate I needed to use the combined income route.

Here is a list of what I took

1. TM7 completed with photo stuck on rear.
  2. Passport.
  3. Letter from British Embassy for UK pension confirmation.
  4. Letter from Bangkok Bank confirming account and balance.
  5. Statement printout for 3 months worth of transactions from my savings account ( the bank did this for me), signed by bank manager. Fee 200 Baht.
  6. Copy of all pages of passport and departure card.
  7. 1900 Baht fee.

The whole process took 30 minutes, with no waiting. Staff were very pleasant and helpful as they always are whenever I need to report to the post.

A couple of things to note:

1. I have never been asked to prove my address nor reported same to police.
  2. I have never been asked for a map of where my property is.
  3. I was not asked for bank book, certified statements accepted.
  4. Whilst sitting at the desk I found a "new" immigration booklet in Thai and English (blue cover) in which all the relevant police orders were laid out clearly. I was offered a copy as well!

I hope this post adds a bit of balance to some of the negative stuff I sometimes read regarding Immigration Police. Singkhon in my experience is well run and very efficient.

is the exit/re-entry permit/facility available to all extension holders (retirement, marriage, etc.)?...90 day reporting requirements are the same...?

Could you please explain what you are asking about.

If you are asking about the one stop center the anwer would be no. It is only for those working for companies with BOI privledges. If you live in Bangkok they will let you make 90 reports there.

Every permission of stay needs a Re Entry Permit if you wish to keep it alive when you leave.

Every one staying for more than 90 consecutive days has to report to Immigration.

Every permission of stay needs a Re Entry Permit if you wish to keep it alive when you leave.

Every one staying for more than 90 consecutive days has to report to Immigration.

thanx, LB...

2 I have never been asked for a map of where my property is.

For the 1st time this year after 5 previous extension I was asked for this at Suan Plu, I had a copy in my 'extra documents in my just in case asked' bag

I also did retirement extension of stay today - at Suan Plu - 3 1/2 hour queue time so not much change from last year.

1. TM7 w 4/6cm photo and phone number entered.

2. 1,900 baht.

3. Copy of info page and extension transfer page passport (new passport).

4. Copy of departure card.

5. Letter of income from Embassy. This letter from US Embassy also has your current address.

6. Fill out two forms at desk this year - one just name/nationality/age (Thai and English sections) and the other a repeat but with address also required. Both different than what was used last year.

If I get a multi reentry now--NB I will change visa to retirmrnt extn in 6 weeks--is it valid for 1 year or only till my visa is "changed" in 6 weeks.

I am going to KL for 2 days next week. I hate to get single re-entries. That will be my last trip in current visa status.

P Ed

A re-entry permit will only be valid for as long as the time remaining on your current extension of stay. It would be best to get a single entry because when you change to a retirement extension you will get one year from the date you apply for it. On that date you could apply for a mutiple re-entry permit.

I also did retirement extension of stay today - at Suan Plu - 3 1/2 hour queue time so not much change from last year.

1. TM7 w 4/6cm photo and phone number entered.

2. 1,900 baht.

3. Copy of info page and extension transfer page passport (new passport).

4. Copy of departure card.

5. Letter of income from Embassy. This letter from US Embassy also has your current address.

6. Fill out two forms at desk this year - one just name/nationality/age (Thai and English sections) and the other a repeat but with address also required. Both different than what was used last year.

Can download the TM7??

Is only 1 foto needed for the first retirmt extn? Does phone number go on foto???

I can get embassy letter no prob

I got 2 complete copis of my pport at work photocop machine to be safe plus 2 of dep card.

PEd

Only one copy of anything is required at Suan Plu. Put the telephone number at top of back page of the TM.7 (print both sides of A4 paper). They do not have it as an item on the TM.7 but have required it for the last several years.

Only one photo - which you glue to back side of the TM.7 form.

TM.7

Edited by lopburi3

Hello, I would like to inform everyone about a change in the Thai law for the retirement visa. I went to my provincial immigration office this past week with my Non-Immigrant O visa (from KL) just to check on the documents needed in two months when the visa ends. The officer told me there had been a change in the law and now the government does not allow the third option of combining outside income plus a bank account for a total of 800,000B. He showed me a law written only in Thai and dated Feb 22, 2009. He said they had just received it from Bangkok. He said the brochures and websites with the law in English were mistranslations or out of date. I was shocked by this as I had recently flown to Bangkok to get the income certificate from my embassy. Also, I had given all the documents about my income to the Royal Thai Embassy in KL for the O visa, and they had accepted that I had 800,000B in combined income. I contacted Sunbelt Asia and was told there was no change in the law and that they deal with foreigners choosing this option all the time. I searched Thaivisa.com forum and could see no mention of this. I looked up Royal Thai Embassy websites in the USA and Canada and saw no changes in this law. I have tried in the past to call Immigration Bureau (10 times) but cannot get through, so did not try to call them. I looked at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website, which has the only official description of this law in English, and saw not change. I then called the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Department of Consular Affairs, Visa and Travel Documents Division, which I found from their website. A very nice woman said there was no change in the law but to call her the next day. The next day when I called, she said she had contacted the Immigration Bureau and was told there indeed was a change in the law, and the combination of the two sources of money would not be allowed. She did not know when the change was made and regretted that her ministry had not been informed by letter. I suggested the ministry change its webpage. I subsequently contact Sunbelt Asia and Chavalit, Finch & Partners to inform them. For me, this means taking money out of time deposit bank accounts in the US (and losing interest) and bringing the money here. As I do not currently have 800,000B in the bank here and now am a month into the 3 month 'seasoning' period for having 800,000B in the bank, I will probably have to go back to Malaysia for another Non-Immigrant O visa. I regret that this law was changed without notifying the foreigners who are apply for or holding retirement visas. In this case, it would have been helpful to give 6 months advance notice so we could make the necessary financial arrangements. Below is the law from the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

5.4 Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht. A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.

Agree There has been no mention of it on the immigration website. No new police orders have been posted since the change last November.

I think this is a case of misinformation or confusion in type of extension being asked for or about.

If it were true we would of had many reports from members about if it had been in effect since February.