Morbike License Test In Pattaya

lor

Just took my Motorbike License test and failed because I fell off that small plank you have to drive along.

A retest is scheduled on Tuesday but I know I need practise. Is there anywhere in the Pattaya area where they have a course similar to the test course where I can go to practise?

Chris

Just took my Motorbike License test and failed because I fell off that small plank you have to drive along.

A retest is scheduled on Tuesday but I know I need practise. Is there anywhere in the Pattaya area where they have a course similar to the test course where I can go to practise?

Chris

God I remember that thing. I thought it would be a breeze so I zipped up to be first in line to have a crack at it. Got a quarter of the way and fell off. Everyone else with their little automatics just breezed through (doing it with my CBR). Lady told me to go back around for a second try, this time got half way. She told me to go around for a third and FINAL try. Made it (very wobbly and clumsily) to the end on the third go.

In hindsight I should have found quite road and just practice going in a straight line at slow speeds. Which is basically what this test requires.

Wish they would have let me try again!

About 6 people failed. We were not allowed to practice and given just one attempt!

Next time will go early and just go onto the course to practise by myself, What's the worst they can do? throw me out?

Saves sitting around for about 45 mins waiting for the testers to turn up!

Chris

Handling a bike at very slow speeds is, IMO, an important skill.

Practice tight figure of eights and slaloms until you are on the end stop of the handle bars. Use varying speeds to balance the weight and lean angle in very tight turns.

And then, when you think you have it all under control, check out these guys

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Japanese-Pol...01#entry2690301

And start again...

:):D :D

Chris

Pattaya is probably not the best place in the world (probably one of the most dangerous IMO) for a novice driver, why dont you go to the motor cross track, take a bike for a full day with protective clothing and just ride the a@# of it, lots of messy situations that you can practice getting in and out of with little worry of killing yourself or anyone else..

it would certainly sharpen up your skills

Do they still have the part of the test where you pile 4 adult Thais onto your bike and 2 children who stand in the front basket, then have you drive with your lights off at night into oncoming traffic, all while drinking a beer with your left hand?

Seems only the Thais can pass this tricky part of the test.

:):D

Do they still have the part of the test where you pile 4 adult Thais onto your bike and 2 children who stand in the front basket, then have you drive with your lights off at night into oncoming traffic, all while drinking a beer with your left hand?

I believe it has been modified after several technical advances in telephones.

Now you have to be able to dial a number, have a conversation with your head angled to minimise wind noise and read and answer an SMS too.

The advanced rider's test requires skills in watching TV on the mobile.

Thought you might like to know I passed on my 2nd attempt! Now have a shiny nice new Thai Motorbike license.

Had to hang around after to collect my license, so I stayed and watched the people take the car test. The first few had to do the whole course. Shortly after all the people did was the first revesing part then told if they had passed or failed. I asked why they did not do the full test and was told that they were very busy so never had time to fully test everyone!

Watched all the Farangs get failed then saw a few Thais pass even though they hit the bollards while reversing. One Thai lady hit the bollards then went the wrong way around the course, reversed back and knocked over a bollard then as she tried to leave the course she hit the gate and damaged the car slightly. She passed!!!!!!!

As the Thais were taking the car test a 17 year old Thai boy appeared, went round the same course on his motorbike, dodging in and out of the cars. No one watched him. He went straight back to the guy watching the cars, who then gave him his motorbike test pass slip!

As usual, one rule for Thai's and another for Farangs.

Chris