Passport Translation

Not sure if this post is in the right place but...

I have been told told that I need to get my passport translated for the purpose of obtaining a 'yellow' tabien baan for my house (as a farang my name cannot go in the blue book but my Company name can). I'm told that I need to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok to get this done. Anyone know where the Ministry is located? Someone told me Th Wattana but the only road of this name that is on my, admittedly, rudimentary map is out by Don Muang, which doesn't seem to be anywhere near other Ministries. Someone else told me that there are some new Government buildings out that way, so it could be right, I guess.

If anyone has been through this, can you tell me where to go, what the cost is, and how long the process takes?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DM :o

I have been told told that I need to get my passport translated for the purpose of obtaining a 'yellow' tabien baan for my house (as a farang my name cannot go in the blue book but my Company name can).  I'm told that I need to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok to get this done.  Anyone know where the Ministry is located?  Someone told me Th Wattana but the only road of this name that is on my, admittedly, rudimentary map is out by Don Muang, which doesn't seem to be anywhere near other Ministries.  Someone else told me that there are some new Government buildings out that way, so it could be right, I guess.

If anyone has been through this, can you tell me where to go, what the cost is, and how long the process takes?

Thanks

DM  :o

I don't think they actually translate it for you. You'll probably need to get the passport translated first, and then take it to the ministry to have it certified. I believe it's on the 2nd floor, and you can pay extra to have the certification done on the same day.

I have been told told that I need to get my passport translated for the purpose of obtaining a 'yellow' tabien baan for my house (as a farang my name cannot go in the blue book but my Company name can).  I'm told that I need to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok to get this done.  Anyone know where the Ministry is located?  Someone told me Th Wattana but the only road of this name that is on my, admittedly, rudimentary map is out by Don Muang, which doesn't seem to be anywhere near other Ministries.  Someone else told me that there are some new Government buildings out that way, so it could be right, I guess.

Thanks

DM  :o

I don't think they actually translate it for you. You'll probably need to get the passport translated first, and then take it to the ministry to have it certified. I believe it's on the 2nd floor, and you can pay extra to have the certification done on the same day.

Absolutely right Zovox - I found this out when I eventually got them to answer the phone. I need to get the tranlation done in Pattaya (any suggestions?) and then take it to BKK. The cost is 100 Baht (2-3 working days) or 300 Baht (same day service). There seems to be some confusion (on my part, at least) as to just how much of the passport needs to be translated - any info. on this? Hoping to find someone to do this who has done it before and knows what they are doing. I don't want to go all the way to BKK with an incorrectly formatted document! Do you know if they need any other documentation apart from the original passport, the copy, a few photos (inevitably) and the Baht?

Regards

DM :D