Rent Or Store Kayak

tomahawk

Does anyone know of a place near Chiang Mai city to rent kayak on Ping River? Or if I were to buy a canoe or kayak, are there sheds or boathouses where I could keep it, as I only have a motorbike and cannot haul it around? Thank you.

Does anyone know of a place near Chiang Mai city to rent kayak on Ping River? Or if I were to buy a canoe or kayak, are there sheds or boathouses where I could keep it, as I only have a motorbike and cannot haul it around? Thank you.

I use to keep my one-man outrigger at Huay Tang Tao. (for about 3 years) I'm on a motorbike also so it was ok. Got bored of going round and round in circles (only 2 miles

round the lake) Now, I park it at Wat Faham. I have easy acess to the river and a great

inside rack, away from the sun.(it's a racer so made light and vulnerable to sun) I pay

150 baht a month and I think membership is 300 baht a year. They also rent out kayaks.

Looks like all the monks work out on them. You will notice they are quite buffed out.

They are very nice folks and I am left to do my thing uninterupted. Right now I am in Hawaii because it is race season, but I live in CM 6 months a year doing a bit of off-season training. Wat Faham is right on the river heading north, a very lovely temple.

Right next to the busy Khao Soi place. If you need any help or a partner to paddle with ,

let me know. Probably see you down there! Aloha, Deb

My friend, Jon has an outfitter business in Chiang Mai where he offers trips in Kayaks. I'm not sure about day renting on your own though. He's also a dealer in one brand of open kayaks and they are a very stable craft. It's certainly worth giving Jon a phone call.

Asian Angling Adventures

Office 087-192-2276 private 081-025-9415

[email protected]

Kayaks_001.jpg

Kayaks_008.jpg

Kayaks_023.jpg

Kayaks_005.jpg

Thank you very much for information. I will certainly look into this. I am American Indian descent and have paddled canoes all my life but never even been in a kayak but it looks like fun. Glad to go paddling on river with you and I live close to wat faham so very convenient.

I will also call Jon about kayak.