Short Drives From Bkk City Centre?

Thanks mate, it was always my fav from the big twin range. I did notice car drivers werent too bad for giving room when i wanted to get into a lane for turning off. Just trying to take note of high buildings for landmarks as at least then i am going in right general direction.
Hey, congrats on the Night Train. That is one seriously nice bike. A Thai guy rode up on one at the bar I was watching MotoGp at the other night. Turned a lot of heads - an he was parked next to a row of Ducatis!

You'll get used to BKK traffic- it's actually pretty safe, I notice people let big bikes thru- especially loud ones :)

Bayoke Tower is a good landmark - visible from just about any flyover. It can be interesting getting lost if you aren't in a hurry. If your Thai is okay, any moto-taxi guys will give you directions- you'll have to let then touch your bike though. :D

Stay off of Sukhumvit all of it - not just for the traffic, but the Boys in Brown. Same with Petchburi between Ekamai & Phayathai. Those are the only places I've been stopped for nothing.

follow this road, it is a tree lined road in Nong chok...go till the end then go left, this will take you to chachoengsao, and on through to rangsit....the whole ride is pretty much in the countryside with green grass, trees and nice breezes. If you go at noon and the sun is shining, its beautiful.

you can also take this route to nakhon nayok/ongkarak/prachinburi.

I agree! This is the best day ride from Bangkok as city hassles can mostly be avoided.

I like a variant of this route that follows Phattanakarn Rd to On-Nut Rd to Rom Klao Rd to Charon Khalong Rd which runs straight out to Nong Chok City then out towards Prachinburi and then Kao Yai. You are out of the Bangkok traffic in no time and in for a very beautiful ride once you get about 1/2 way down Charon Khalong. However, even though the roads are wide open, one needs to keep a close eye out for the errant dog, pedestrian, cow, or Honda click. Seems like no one who lives out that way ever thinks to look before crossing the road and the last thing they expect is a fast moving sportbike.

I went for a decent run (350km)yesterday out prachinburi area...headed out suk77 past airport, then started taking random left and rights at junctions. Have no idea where i was half the time, but do know I was at Nong Chok, prachinburi and also Nong kang (spelling?) waterfall. The road up to the waterfall is really nice sweeping corners with two lanes and good sruface...was a shame when it dead ended at the gate for paying entrance. Took me about 5 or 6hrs including a stop for food, but i was happy cruising at 100-110 since i am running the bike in (only 100km to go then i can wring it's neck). You could easily have done a good blast around that area in 4hrs I think.

Edited by saorsa