Bumrungrad Hospital

wonderer

I fckin' HATE Bumrungrad. Perhaps their in-patient services are up to the standards they claim, but their out-patient services are terrible. Honestly feels like they're trying to get you in and out as fast as possible to get the $$$. Doctors don't even give you the feeling they're giving any attention to you as your describing symptoms.

I had a case of conjunctivitis two years ago. Went to Bumrungrad, got the usual rush-through treatment and prescribed eye drops. After three days of using these drops the right side of my head started to swell up and my eyes were getting worse. Went to a real optometrist, recommended by one of the Thai staff, and the guy couldn't believe what Bumrungrad prescribed. The drops were completely ineffective for symptoms of conjunctivitis.

The bill for the optometrist was also half what Bumrungrad charged, and the newly prescribed eye drops had an effect within hours.

This was the final incident with Bumrungrad. There were a few more before that put up warning signs in my mind, but I won't go into detail again.

Give me BNH anyday. Okay, the service might be a bit slower, but the doctors come across as being far more sincere.

I had conjunctivitis 1 year ago. Went to Rutnin Eye Hospital first, the eye doctor there gave me the same treatment that I had been using myself (I am a GP) and that hadn't helped - that's why I went there! It didn't help, I went to Bumrungrad, service was very poor (usually their service is very good), prices high, but their medication helped. However, after 1 year my eyes are still not back to normal yet.

Tell us the adress of this optometrist!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fckin' HATE Bumrungrad. Perhaps their in-patient services are up to the standards they claim, but their out-patient services are terrible. Honestly feels like they're trying to get you in and out as fast as possible to get the $$$. Doctors don't even give you the feeling they're giving any attention to you as your describing symptoms.

I had a case of conjunctivitis two years ago. Went to Bumrungrad, got the usual rush-through treatment and prescribed eye drops. After three days of using these drops the right side of my head started to swell up and my eyes were getting worse. Went to a real optometrist, recommended by one of the Thai staff, and the guy couldn't believe what Bumrungrad prescribed. The drops were completely ineffective for symptoms of conjunctivitis.

The bill for the optometrist was also half what Bumrungrad charged, and the newly prescribed eye drops had an effect within hours.

This was the final incident with Bumrungrad. There were a few more before that put up warning signs in my mind, but I won't go into detail again.

Give me BNH anyday. Okay, the service might be a bit slower, but the doctors come across as being far more sincere.

I had conjunctivitis 1 year ago. Went to Rutnin Eye Hospital first, the eye doctor there gave me the same treatment that I had been using myself (I am a GP) and that hadn't helped - that's why I went there! It didn't help, I went to Bumrungrad, service was very poor (usually their service is very good), prices high, but their medication helped. However, after 1 year my eyes are still not back to normal yet.

Tell us the adress of this optometrist!

Try bangkok hospital on petchburi road they have a proper eyecare center there also, mine are as good as back to normal already, 48 hrs ago I could hardly see out of one of em and the other was headin down the same road :o

:D