Who's The Strangest Farang You Ever Met?

tmifune

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

strange? I dont know if this guy would be considered stranage but he did give me the opportunity to see a "folk tale" come true; we have probably all heard stories about the guy who comes here and blows a million baht in 30 days on fullish investments and women well this is my guy.

He was a you Danish kid in his mid 20's a little over weight and renting a bungalow from me. His fisrt stop was the Muy Thai school to get himself in shape which resulted in a rapid drop in weight and a huge boost in his self confidence so off to the beer bars he went; it seemed as though every girl he met he fell in love with and off to the gold shop they would go. At one point he had taken every girl in a small bar to the gold shop, then he really did fall in love with one of the BG even though she was 7mo pregnant and visably showing and still working on a regular basis. I would sit pool side in the mornings and he would share his dilimas about women and how this or that one was very upset because he was caught out with an other so as the story goes he went through money like sand through the fingers with the bgs but then he decided to sponsor the Thai Boxing school and purchased a huge advert for the boxing school and that was not enough, then he purchased a bar, bought a new sound system, pool table and bar stock, the only catch was that he had to keep the original owners family member on as an employee and that would be as cashier. So the pregnat girl finaly broke the news to him and refussed to be his girl but wanted gold to go away, her girlfriend came in to replace her and he married her. This all took place within a 30 day period and at one point i even told him that until i had met him i had only heard stories about guys like him but now i knew it was true; people really can blow over a million baht in 30 days and have nothing to show for it but a few memories.

I saw him a couple of years later when he came to rent a house again, this time he was a bit wiser and when i asked about the last love he told me that he took her back to denmark where she began making advances towards his mates and he finally sent her packing.

The other guy was a right pain, known as german jack, he was apparently Belgium, and would turn up on cowboy in the late 80's shouting at the girls and hiel hitler all over the place. I remember he took up with a very young black guy as his drinking partner for a year or so. Must be dead by now.

I think he might have moved to the Filipines since his wife was Filipina and he used to divide his time between Thailand and Filipines.

Last time I had a few drinks with was somewhere in 2005 or 2006. He was a nice guy actually. Bit strange with some peculiar opinions but other than that he was ok. Except when he turned on his radio and started playing his Wiener tunes :)

Edited by meom

I met this guy through a buddy's now defunct bar a few years back. Being poltie I talk, with usual bar bs'ing going on. As all things happen eventually in a bar, he gets up to go to the toilet and I notice that his belt is oddly familiar (no I wasn't looking at his crotch).

When he gets back, I twigged onto what the belt was and I ask him where he got his airline belt from?

He says off the aircraft (Thai I think he said).

Why the hel_l, did you take the seat belt (now remembering this is no small effort and the anchor clips are sprung loaded and not easy to get to - of note: I've worked with aircraft). What I still find odd is how the airline didn't pick up on passenger seat number such and such is missing the belt?

Him: oh they have plenty of spares on board and I needed a good belt'.

All I could think of is what a low-life cheap bast@#d, to steal from an aircraft. Needless to say my buddy tried to support his cheap ass friend, but that was it for me. Turns out this guy had been in thailand for seven odd years with no visa and never been caught. Eventually bought a ticket out of the country and paid the max B20,000 fine. Avoided like the plague after that, as I despise idiots like him.

A few years ago, I went to Australia for about 10 months.

I developed a serious aversion to nutcases or so-called interesting characters.

If I detect any sort of unstable babble, I extract myself ASAP.

That is another reason I stay away from the Suk and Silom area as much as I can and stick to my own hood. Very few (messed up) foreigners there.

I avoid Pattaya like the plague. The only reason I ever went to Pat was to pay the car rent.

How hysterical. Our magazine had an article on a pub crawl recently and we actually wrote about your Fin (OP) http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/viewfa.php?id=2525

Don't bother with the whole peice, but in short: "Cocktail Van wouldn't be Cocktail Van without a fight, and so it was the duty of a pissed Finnish - probably mentally ill - man who thought he was Indian to try and start one. With a handshake reminiscent of a vice he harangued us to play cards at his room, wanted to follow us to the next place and finally looked despondent and mad. We thankfully shook the dice (and the Fin) and landed on 'Choose a Place', so it was back to Glass Onion for late drinks" - can't be more than one Fin trying to get people back to his room!

Nice article Sao, but not the same Fin. The Fin I wrote about was about 5'6" tall, 130lbs and gave off an impression/look of a meek mild nice guy who tried to sell you on how he knew it all and had a grip that felt like a dead fish. :)

Is that german/austrian woman still on Koh Samui? I was told she was a classical violinist back home. She used to wander up and down Chaweng Beach Road shouting and swearing and looked like she hadn't had a shower in weeks.

I think I can remember her but when I saw her she was wearing next to nothing. Just a singlet that barely covered her ,and she had no knickers on, and you could see her beaver ...... oh yes I remember her :)

She is/was from Greece. Seem to live on Chaweng Beach Road 24/7 and was always heavily stoned. Most of the time she was pissed up with something unknown, looking for troubles in the middle of the street with the rest of the world. And that for quiet some time, a few years. Police did not care. She was always there, often with a beer bottle in her hand, shouting, crying, face red and infected.

And one day she was gone. The tom toms have it, that she was sent back home. There was a thread about the tramp here on TV.

A tiny caveat, por favor!

I am not sure if the 2 x Posters who are behind the mind-bending "Muslim change-out" or "Check-Bill please" posts can qualify for this prestigious whackjob award! Please reconsider them as eligible - I have never heard such drivel in my life.

Is it small wonder we are in such dire straits- globally.

Bubba

It has to be a Irish guy called Declan who can be found in bars around Phnom Penh.

When he speaks he fires an imaginary gun at you and all he seems to talk about are the people he has killed during one struggle or another in Phnom Penh 15 years ago.

Absolute fcuken nutcase but the police showed him respect and everyone in the bar and around town seemed absolutely petrified of him, from what i gather he is infamous in this City and there is some truth in what he says about being some kind of mercenary for one side of Cambodian politics.

If memory serves he was working training hun sens bodyguards. apparently likes his smack too. used to hang out at the rising sun alot.

havent been to pp in about 10 years, but he was memorable.

Educate me?! Hows that?! You dont use Caps. Unbelievably, Americans visiting LOS, live in UK & vice-versa.

Are you are the Kraut in the vid at King Kong?

Bubba

just wanted to educate you.

sigh.. krauts are germans.

dunno what your statement about americans, thailand and the uk has to do with anything.

In Pai are many strange looking farangs though , I just don't feel the need to talk to any of them .

Why is that I wonder ......

You sound like a really sociable sort of guy.

Most of the foreigners seem to be no more than BS-artists, drunks and morons. That's a generalisation but it looks like it's at least 50/50 normal - weirdo.

Very interesting topic. On my various excursions to Thailand I have seen more odd farangs than Thais and particularly in the Pattaya area.

However, I'd have to say the oddest thing I'd seen was in Chiang Mai. 2 a.m. in the morning and an elderly, overweight Caucasian woman on a wildly decorated Harley adorned in neon lights with a small dog on the handlebars cruising up and down bar the lined strip. Who is this woman?

Is this her in the vid.....are you sure it's not HIM!

Geez.."monstrosity"??? Shes enjoying herself and personally I think she must bring a smile to many peoples faces. Why the need to be so damning? I also personally cant understand why just because she is a bit unusual she deserved to have such a pathetic comment shouted like that at her (as well as the lady just talking to her). Pretty immature really. If your mate went around shouting comments at every oddball westerner there is in Thailand, he would be hoarse. Maybe next time his childish comment will fall on the wrong person (or maybe he is cowardly and likes to only be a smart alec to soft targets). :)

Don't be such a wuss man.

When you're out with 4 other bikers in Chiang Mai and the beers are flowing this sht gets thrown around. Don't take it personally, we certainly didn't :D

Oh and I never said he was my mate, just a biker who happened to be riding with us.

He posts on Thai Visa btw so maybe will be interested in your comments :D

Educate me?! Hows that?! You dont use Caps. Unbelievably, Americans visiting LOS, live in UK & vice-versa.

Are you are the Kraut in the vid at King Kong?

Bubba

sigh.. krauts are germans.

dunno what your statement about americans, thailand and the uk has to do with anything.

Is it ok to say that?

Very interesting topic. On my various excursions to Thailand I have seen more odd farangs than Thais and particularly in the Pattaya area.

However, I'd have to say the oddest thing I'd seen was in Chiang Mai. 2 a.m. in the morning and an elderly, overweight Caucasian woman on a wildly decorated Harley adorned in neon lights with a small dog on the handlebars cruising up and down bar the lined strip. Who is this woman?

Is this her in the vid.....are you sure it's not HIM!

Geez.."monstrosity"??? Shes enjoying herself and personally I think she must bring a smile to many peoples faces. Why the need to be so damning? I also personally cant understand why just because she is a bit unusual she deserved to have such a pathetic comment shouted like that at her (as well as the lady just talking to her). Pretty immature really. If your mate went around shouting comments at every oddball westerner there is in Thailand, he would be hoarse. Maybe next time his childish comment will fall on the wrong person (or maybe he is cowardly and likes to only be a smart alec to soft targets). :)

Don't be such a wuss man.

When you're out with 4 other bikers in Chiang Mai and the beers are flowing this sht gets thrown around. Don't take it personally, we certainly didn't :D

Oh and I never said he was my mate, just a biker who happened to be riding with us.

He posts on Thai Visa btw so maybe will be interested in your comments :D

You miss-quoted, because it was me that posted that, not jpolten. If im a "wuss" for speaking out that the "biker you happened to be riding with" is pathetic for shouting out that comment, so be it. I'll be glad if he reads my comment, maybe he will gain something from it.

What are you? - the travel-police?!

Bubba

dutch people are from holland.

my mistake, won't happen again.

I guess you're from Amsterdam, Den Haag or Rotterdam (or you're not a cloggie). I have friends in Groningen and Utrecht who would disagree with that statement quite strongly.

I guess you're from Amsterdam, Den Haag or Rotterdam (or you're not a cloggie). I have friends in Groningen and Utrecht who would disagree with that statement quite strongly.

they might.. but they still sing 'hup holland hup' when the national team plays :)

you've seem to have fallen in your own trap.

you meant people from the northern part of the netherlands, right?

people from north-holland live in the province north-holland and not in friesland or groningen.

almost every region in the kingdom of the netherlands (is that better?) has its own dialect.

someone from amsterdam can't understand the the hague dialect and the 2 cities are only 45 kilometer apart.

btw, whats the thai word for the netherlands? :):D :D

"btw, what's the Thai word for the Netherlands?"

uuuuuuuuummmm shit hole full of Moroccans...... Oh sorry that's just what a Dutch friend of mine calls Rotterdam.

Absolutely true. Muslim influence is becoming to great here. That's why Mr.Wilders and his PVV party is so populair.