Carved Teak Furniture - Manufacturer

Andyfez

I'm after a nice carved teak sideboard, desk etc.

No, I don't have any 40 foot containers, and yes, I live in Thailand.

The sort of stuff I'm looking for is advertised all over the net, but always a retail site, never the manufacturer. The retailers prices vary enormously.

This link shows the type of thing I'm after. Can anyone point me to the factory?

http://oriental-wood.com/teak-furniture/te...ds/teak-sid.htm

Thanks in advance.

:o Andy

There's a couple of factories out towards Bo Sang, on the main road heading east of Chiang Mai, if memory serves. Not hard to see them as they're on either side of the road. They also have shops there and will let you browse the factory. Not sure if they actually carve the teak themselves, but they've got teak products in the shop.

On Mae Jo road, there is a showroom for a factory, I believe, in Sukothai.

Pretty good range of furniture, plus they have a catalog you can order from, or you can special order...

I've got about 6 pieces from them. Good prices, decent quality, mostly.

It's located right near the Super intersection, on the East side of mae jo rd., just before (as the traffic flows) Kasikorn Bank, then Ram 2 hospital.

With any place that sells teak (or alleged teak) there are plenty of ways to fleece the customer through using veneers or poorer grades of wood (often not teak at all!), and in cutting corners in the construction process, like not adding drawer rollers, using cheap hinges, less structural support, etc.

Good luck :o

Edited by Ajarn