How To Check Thai Company

It is possible to conduct a range of checks on companies and their senior personnel in Thailand, as with most countries. I have sent a message to the OP but should others be interested in this type of service they can PM me. I can (and do) conduct this type of work throughout Asia, the Americas, Australasia, Europe and parts of Africa

Luke

It will be difficult at best.

In the UK you have companies like creditsure (and various others..) that evaluate a company's accounts against statistics for default etc.. and produce a risk assessment that's easy to digest. In Thailand if a company does actually exist as a legal entity they probably don't file full accounts and personal credit checks (and subsequent verification) against directors are near impossible, they might tell you they take X per month, but their official fillings will probably show significantly less.

A lot of business in Thailand is taken on trust (from my impression).

Disclaimer: I speak from limited experience.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It will be difficult at best.

In the UK you have companies like creditsure (and various others..) that evaluate a company's accounts against statistics for default etc.. and produce a risk assessment that's easy to digest. In Thailand if a company does actually exist as a legal entity they probably don't file full accounts and personal credit checks (and subsequent verification) against directors are near impossible, they might tell you they take X per month, but their official fillings will probably show significantly less.

A lot of business in Thailand is taken on trust (from my impression).

Disclaimer: I speak from limited experience.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Business On Line ("BOL") provide a similar service in Thailand. However, to access the system you would need to be a subscriber. Currently, most subscribers are financial institutions with the membership cost generally being prohibitive for individuals.

BOL has a database of over 800,000 Thai companies financial information. They are partnered with leading international credit bureaux such as Dun & Bradstreet, Fair Isaac etc.

You can investigate the profit and loss statements that they report to the Ministry of Commerce, their authorised directors and may get some idea if they have any large outstandings but beware that what they report to Govt and what they actually do are more than likely two entirely different things.

Profit and loss statements here are not reliable, IMO. The directors here "fudge it up" more than in the west, for "aggressive tax management" purposes.

Sure, everyone wants to minimize income to reduce paying tax. But if they do that they're not exactly helping to make their company look successful if they file losses each year on their income tax. So I would suggest that filed income tax forms for the last few years is a good place to look first.