Registering Baby To Rented House?

Hi,

I am sure this has been asked before, cant find it though:

Soon my thai girlfriend and I will get a baby, and apparently we need to register the baby to a house, through a house owner, and a rental contract wont do?

this seems a bit outdated to me, is it really so?

Can be done, you need the house registration book, tabian baan, the original, and take it to the Amphur office. I am not sure if the owner has to come or not, if not I think they need to sign a form and you have to go again to bring the signed form back, so it's probably better if the owner goes with you.

Surely the best option is to register the baby on the same Tabien Bahn as your girlfriend.

If you register the child to a rental property you will need to change everytime you move.

But if the girlfriends home is far away it might turn out very impractical to travel to her local Amphur to register the child there, and to travel there everytime the child needs some other type of document that needs to be issued by the Amphur.

Also if the girlfriend or her parents are the owners of the house where the child is registered, the OP might depend on their cooperation to make any changes to the childs documents. If he wants to stay in control and has a good relationship to the owner of his rented property, it might be easier for him to take care of his childs paperwork in the future.

Just some considerations.

The birth is registered with the local amphur! next the child must be registered on someones tabian baan, that are 2 different steps.

You are talking about your girlfriend, so be careful if you want to become the legal fahter you must follow the right procedure when registering the child. In essence, it is important that you yourself registeres the child at the amphur and not somebody else, like the hospital or the mother. Only then you become the legal father.