When You Find A Hair In Your Food

texancowboy

Ok ok its only a hair.

I have found one in my food from different places three times in the last week.they range from a long hair to a eyelash.

I'm easy eating here in thailand but whats with this extra hair in my food.

It's driving me crazy with paranoia looking for the next hair.

Had some khao mon gai today and yep a hair in it,so pointed out the hair to the girl cooking and she just took the hair out and walked away expecting me to continue eating :) .

Well there is hair and then their is hair.

Is this the hair of someone you don't know or your wife?

Is this a pubic hair ? If so, what the hel_l is going down in the kitchen?

Where did you say you were eating again? :)

I've never had in hair in my food in Thailand ( to the best of my knowledge ) but if it is only a hair, well I expect it won't kill you.

Reminds me of a time I was in a 5 star hotel in Australia, beautiful looking buffet laid out, I was looking at the cake selection and there was a big fat blow fly trapped in the cream. A blow fly drops maggots. I quickly called a staff member expecting her to remove the cake, oh no, she just picked out the blow fly and left the cake there. Naturally I took this matter further, I never went there again. Makes me goosebumpy just remembering.

I have a funny story to tell.I run a small Restaurant with my GF.So,we had a Lady complaining about a hair in the soup..Never mind,i said,we don't charge(the soup).The Lady looked a bit upset,anyway they paid the bill except the soup and went out.As we found out later,the hair was short and blonde,like the Lady's,my GF has long and brown hair.

I regularly find hairs in my food (not just in Thailand). It isn't really a big deal, just take it out and continue your meal. You may notice them more in Thailand due to the predominance of black hair which makes them more obvious in you food.

I can guarantee you will be coming into to contact with much worse substances hundreds of times a day without knowing it.

Depends on my spiritual condition - I've walked out and not paid and Ive pulled it out and said nothing. I've refused to eat it and asked for another dish.

Hopefully, my attitude is improving as I get older and I'd like to think that the next time I'll say niothing. Often, however something confuses me when I see the OAPs nearly having a heart attack over something trivial like this.

Why do some get grumpier as they get older? The tradition in these parts is to renunciate many things when reaching 60 and find peace. The oldies from my country usually do the opposite.

In the end, it's not that big a deal unless I'm paying a lot of money for the food.

Depends on my spiritual condition - I've walked out and not paid and Ive pulled it out and said nothing. I've refused to eat it and asked for another dish.

Hopefully, my attitude is improving as I get older and I'd like to think that the next time I'll say niothing. Often, however something confuses me when I see the OAPs nearly having a heart attack over something trivial like this.

Why do some get grumpier as they get older? The tradition in these parts is to renunciate many things when reaching 60 and find peace. The oldies from my country usually do the opposite.

In the end, it's not that big a deal unless I'm paying a lot of money for the food.

I think the fact that you are paying for the food, irrespective of cost entitles you to question the restaurant or to get the food replaced, after all you are buying a meal and not a toupee, however the level of complaint should be friendly but if they don't take it seriously take one of your pubes from your pants and ask them to eat it in front of you and gauge then if they still consider it minor :)

Putting aside the rat hair aspect ( bubonic plague from the fleas, anyone), I don't know why people are so upset. You don't think anything of caressing a ladies hair, kissing her head or perhaps engaging in an activity that the more adventurous call muff diving. And yet, her you are screaming like a Bangla Rd. katoey that just found out the wallet she picked only contains a 10% coupon at KFC.

if you are concerned about wayward hairs, then stick to places where employees have to wear hairnets (the big foreign chains and hotels) Personally, I worry more about the employees that handle money then food, or don't wash their hands after using the toilet and of course the mainstay of every place, the worker that picks his or her nose while working food preparation. It happens in some of the best places. What can one do? TiT.

Ok ok its only a hair.

I have found one in my food from different places three times in the last week.they range from a long hair to a eyelash.

I'm easy eating here in thailand but whats with this extra hair in my food.

It's driving me crazy with paranoia looking for the next hair.

Had some khao mon gai today and yep a hair in it,so pointed out the hair to the girl cooking and she just took the hair out and walked away expecting me to continue eating :) .

Did you put your food under a magnifying glass before you eat? You got great eye sight!

Wonder the eyelash belongs to a male or female? :D