Mens Hairdresser

yeehi

I use the guy at the traffic circle, northwest of the NW corner of the moat. Take Hatsadi Sewi (northern extension of the west outer road of the moat) north past the YMCA Hotel. After passing 7-11 on the left, make next left turn (don't continue over the humpback bridge to Rim-Ping). About two blocks later, at the far side of the traffic circle, across street from police box on a corner, is a guy who charges either 40 or 50 baht. He won't literally trim your ears as some Thai barbers do, but he does what I want (including, he never cuts the ponytail). Doesn't speak much English; he's married with children, and he understands barbers' sign language.

I've been with the same hairdresser for like 8 years now. She does have a habit of moving her shop around though, but I faithfully follow her. I joked with the wife recently about knowing my hairdresser longer than knowing her. [Don't do that at home folks, mine doesn't like any references to people, things or experiences that date back to the pre-her era :o ].

Anyway, it's nothing special, small shop, 70 baht. It's down Ratchamankha Road, which is one-way, so you'd have to enter from the Western side of the moat. Then it's on the left before you get to the first traffic lights. Tiny shop. I'm not sure if she speaks English or not; never tried. :D

053-275191

Cheers,

Chanchao

Can anybody recommend a hairdresser in chiang mai?

For men.

Somebody that can actually cut hair / see what hairstyle might be good / do the styling.  :o

Not in Chiang Mai but if needed near Uttaradit call Noi at 09288 2906, he is young (28) Thai, speaks little E, has learned the trade for a year in BKK. Between 50 and 100 B max.

I go to one of the places in the airport Plaza, on the 3rd floor close to Starbucks coffee shop, on the floor above it if I remember correctly. It is expensive, 300 bhat, but the tall thin lady does cut it the way I like it.