Bikes Being Seized Udon

ray23

This is from a trusted source I don't doubt one word he said. He is on the ride list and has ridden Thailand for a couple of decades.so it's real.

Ray

"went to a big bike repair, and his shop had no bikes in it, said the cops are checking here in Udon for plates and books. Good source, no bikes at all in for repair, just guys have a few drinks, i plan on take a kawasaki in for check on speedo, malfuntion, he told me to bring book if i did."

This is from a trusted source I don't doubt one word he said. He is on the ride list and has ridden Thailand for a couple of decades.so it's real.

Ray

"went to a big bike repair, and his shop had no bikes in it, said the cops are checking here in Udon for plates and books. Good source, no bikes at all in for repair, just guys have a few drinks, i plan on take a kawasaki in for check on speedo, malfuntion, he told me to bring book if i did."

Thanks for the heads up Ray,

Add Udon to the growing list of places where it's no longer safe to ride unregistered bikes.

Happy Trails!

Tony

I think it's the hit team put together out of Bangkok so they will probably move on shortly. The major influence is on repair shops at the moment. Same kind of thing we saw in Pattaya and Chang Mai. Details are real sketchy right now. From what I gather they go to the shops doing repairs any bikes in there without a book it's bye bye bike. Some of the shops moved the bikes they had somewhere else and closed their doors.

This too like bad gas will pass.

Actually I'm surprised they weren't here sooner lots of farrangs and big bikes in Udon these days.

If you live easy to get aruond stay off ring road and downtown and you be OK.

^ Cheers Ray,

Yes- it's not regular BiB that are initiating these raids, but rather the Thai Customs Police. But the bikes they seize are put into the 'custody' of the local police.

It seems, looking at what happened in the Pattaya and Chiang Mai crackdowns, that after the Customs Police move on, that the local police are open to 'negotiation' to return the seized bikes. (wink wink, nudge nudge :D )

Still- what a drag if you drop your bike off for service and return to find it gone!

TiT! :)

^ Cheers Ray,

Yes- it's not regular BiB that are initiating these raids, but rather the Thai Customs Police. But the bikes they seize are put into the 'custody' of the local police.

It seems, looking at what happened in the Pattaya and Chiang Mai crackdowns, that after the Customs Police move on, that the local police are open to 'negotiation' to return the seized bikes. (wink wink, nudge nudge :D )

Still- what a drag if you drop your bike off for service and return to find it gone!

TiT! :)

think positive .

the best place to buy a motor bike ,

at knoocked off / knocked down price ,

is at the police compound .

cash sales only ..{whats a visa ? ]

Hi.

That last comment i find interesting. Can one really buy bikes that have been impounded? In my case i am talking about those bikes that were impounded for being involved in illegal races or something, near my place is a cop station at Bangna intersection where they have a good 100+ bikes slowly rotting away, they are standing there since for ever.

And some of them would yield great spare parts for mine :)

Best regards....

Thanh

Hi.

That last comment i find interesting. Can one really buy bikes that have been impounded? In my case i am talking about those bikes that were impounded for being involved in illegal races or something, near my place is a cop station at Bangna intersection where they have a good 100+ bikes slowly rotting away, they are standing there since for ever.

And some of them would yield great spare parts for mine :)

Best regards....

Thanh

Some of them are evidence in court cases, which could take over 5 years. :D

But if you buy the impounded bike you still havent got the book, so leaves you open for seizure again

Hi :)

In my case that would not matter... in that heap of bikes there is an RXZ which i would take completely and scrap it for parts and also several other bikes with NICE two-stroke racing bits on them. I know that such stuff is illegal on the road however if it's on a track bike nobody can complain - and i am in the very slow (due to lack of parts and money) process of building me a track bike out of an ordinary RXZ.

Best regards.....

Thanh

'But if you buy the impounded bike you still haven't got the book, so leaves you open for seizure again'

Waza. if you get an impounded bike from the customs then you get a receipt which you use to register (all taxes cleared) that's why there is such a con going on with the customs dept here in Thailand.