Baby Passport

hi all,

my wife has just phoned me (at 4 in morning) to say that the thai embassy will not issue a thai passport to are daughter without me giving my permission.

i am in the uk and really dont want to have to waste more money going back just for paperwork. my wife is thai and i am a brit. i would like the baby to have thai and uk passport. any idea`s ??

cheers. :o

hi all,

my wife has just phoned me (at 4 in morning) to say that the thai embassy will not issue a thai passport to are daughter without me giving my permission.

i am in the uk and really dont want to have to waste more money going back just for paperwork. my wife is thai and i am a brit. i would like the baby to have thai and uk passport. any idea`s ??

cheers. :o

Can't remember giving my permission for my kids.

Or do you mean the UK Embassy in Thailand ?

Believe you mean the passport office will not issue a passport rather than Thai Embassy unless they are in a third country. And yes, both parents much sign for a passport for a child. Ask your wife to explain the situation and if a notary statement from you would be ok. If she can not understand call or email them yourself. It is under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and this is the Web Site