Navagating Thailand Help

westbounder

Hi,

In Thailand I am always looking for addresses and locations of places that I need to get to or visit.

I have no idea how to find my way around Thailand.

Here in the USA, we have States, Counties Towns and Townships.

Could someone please explain how I can learn how the Country of Thailand is laid out and broken down into small areas.

The only thing I know and understand is that there are many provinces.

Is there a website, map or books I can buy in English to show or explain this?

Thank you kindly

Joe

Go to Wikipedia dot com and search for Thai Provinces. All provinces are listed. Then click onto any province and you will find a list of administrative sub-divisions. For example: Chiang Mai is subdivided into 24 districts (Amphoe). The districts are further subdivided into 204 subdistricts (Tambon) and 1915 villages (Muban).

Click around on these and you can get a better idea of the system.

Go to Wikipedia dot com and search for Thai Provinces. All provinces are listed. Then click onto any province and you will find a list of administrative sub-divisions. For example: Chiang Mai is subdivided into 24 districts (Amphoe). The districts are further subdivided into 204 subdistricts (Tambon) and 1915 villages (Muban).

Click around on these and you can get a better idea of the system.

And there are many maps of Thailand at any good book store. Try Suriwong on Sridonchai first. Was in there yesterday BUT, not looking for maps.