Search Function - Doesn't Work

LaoPo

I tried it just now and also on my PC it gave a blank page. I understand that sometimes during heavy server activity, for example software update or backups, some less essential functions are temporarily disabled and I don’t know if this is one of them. If the problem persists by 6 a.m. Bangkok time it can be assumed to be a serious problem and it will surely get looked into.

--

Maestro

Same for me, this has worked previously :D

Using 'more search options' for an advanced search does seem to work ok though :D

?...do you mean the search function on top right ?...I just tried but it didn't work, ie it didn't gave the result(s) for the member name I was searching for.

I just got a whole list with topics from different forums and different posters.

Apart from that I think that most people never use is as it's hard to find (for me it was...)

The more Thaivisa developed in the past few years, the more complicated it's pages look, and, in fact are.

Many -different- colours, letter heads, flashing ads...using different colours in that one "Bar" (second from top) in grey/purple (just asked my wife since I'm colour blind) where it says Thaivisa.com - Forum Rules.

On the right different colours are used in the same bar; Toolbar/News Ticker - New: Thailand Directory - Insurance. For heavens' sake..why so many colours ?

There are 5 different colours in that bar (grey/purple, black, white, yellow, orange) next to the various kind of letter types, normal and bold :)

It's confusing and it's looking more and more like if many SALE!!! signs have been put up.

It's looking cheaper and cheaper and not classy chique anymore.

I bet I'm not the only one who's confused all the time and wondering where to look or find something (out of the ordinary) on Thaivisa.

This is a positive comment and not meant as degrading or bashing.

It's the same when I look at American websites.....very confusing, many colours...many different writing letter(heads) and styles and not following a structural build-up of a website; all in all very confusing and maybe Administration should have a talk or two and rethink and structure their website.

Nowadays, people are fed with a bombardment of many millions of impulses every single day on television, their computer screen, in the streets, trains, newspapers, magazines, on the roads..... that it's extremely difficult to catch the eye of the consumer...it's also very tiring for the consumer you wish to attract, lure if you wish.

Eyes need rest and comfort if one wants to attract the attention.

After all Thaivisa is a product the owners want to sell, isn't it ? Visitors and members come to Thaivisa to look and search for information but my Gosh...Bl_ody H_ll it IS difficult sometimes :D

I'm convinced that many ads and attempts to catch the eyes of the visitors and members of Thaivisa are -completely- lost in nowhere land since the pages are SO confusing.

Very confusing.

Food for thought I suppose? If nobody says anything how can one learn..?

LaoPo

• Like 1

Neither the left hand or right hand search is working for me either. The right hand works if you click on More Search Options bringing up the search page. I believe the difference is that the left and right search uses the Google search engine and the Advanced Search uses the forum internal search engine so would appear the Google search is failing.

It is under repair right now.

That's good to hear as I use it all the time. The last week and right now just get that blank page everybody mentioned.

Second that; still blank.

But, last night I had to search something within Thaivisa and Google paved the way :)

LaoPo

I gave up on the search function here ages ago. Never has it returned anything useful or relevant.

Do you use the search Icon on the upper right of the screen just above and to the right of the yellow high-lighted Insurance box?

If you then click on 'more search options', and use the relevant data available, it almost always gets to the information required.

If you then click on 'more search options', and use the relevant data available, it almost always gets to the information required.

I agree with that, it's the only one I use actually so missed the other search box problems. :) It has the advantage for me of choosing to search within one or more forums (you can select more then one using the shift key). Also by specific members. Just have to learn the idiosyncrasy of how to form the right words. Of course, the more then 4 character limit is an annoyance.

I agree with that, it's the only one I use actually so missed the other search box problems. :) It has the advantage for me of choosing to search within one or more forums (you can select more then one using the shift key). Also by specific members. Just have to learn the idiosyncrasy of how to form the right words. Of course, the more then 4 character limit is an annoyance.

But you, with more than 6,5 years experience on TV, know where to find that "search" option. Most newcomers don't.

Anybody wishing to search something on any website in the world looks for an empty white space where it says: SEARCH.

LaoPo

Hi All,

Strange really I have never ever used the 'Left hand side' Search, only the 'Right-hand one' which works very well thank you.

Tried the lefty one just now (works btw), but I will still use the righty one as always :)

Your truly,

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win