Diesel Saloon

bkmbkk

Maybe the Peugeot would be a good deal 2nd hand (the HDi is new now, right? So I guess 'second hand' would require to wait for a bit - but for sure it should take a depreciation hit and a good find would be a good deal IMO).

YES... There is a August 2008 'SW' HDi [estate] for sale near me @ 1.8 million, this model new just a year ago would have been just under 2.8 million, so a saving of almost 1 million baht... or a loss for the old owner and it has 11,700km on the clock..

That's a pretty good deal IMO if the car is legit and cared for. Especially since it's an estate and diesel... very versatile. And after that initial (huge!) depreciation hit, it's a good deal and since it's an estate it should fair better than the saloon counterparts.... To be honest, I've never driven the new 407 HDi, is she a good drive? Is it a private sale?

But then again, at that price 1.8 million (2 mil), I still stand by my call about the Harrier/RX.

Maybe the Peugeot would be a good deal 2nd hand (the HDi is new now, right? So I guess 'second hand' would require to wait for a bit - but for sure it should take a depreciation hit and a good find would be a good deal IMO).

YES... There is a August 2008 'SW' HDi [estate] for sale near me @ 1.8 million, this model new just a year ago would have been just under 2.8 million, so a saving of almost 1 million baht... or a loss for the old owner and it has 11,700km on the clock..

That's a pretty good deal IMO if the car is legit and cared for. Especially since it's an estate and diesel... very versatile. And after that initial (huge!) depreciation hit, it's a good deal and since it's an estate it should fair better than the saloon counterparts.... To be honest, I've never driven the new 407 HDi, is she a good drive? Is it a private sale?

But then again, at that price 1.8 million (2 mil), I still stand by my call about the Harrier/RX.

Agree there are better for 1.8 mil, like a year older 'C' class Benz Estate which looks a whole lot better.. or the 2.2 CDi 2006 Benz estate