Kl Next Week For Visa, Any Hints Or Tips ?

As the title says, I am off to KL next Tuesday to hopefully get a multi entry Non-O based on having a Thai child , (her mother and I live together, but are not married). I have all the paperwork that they ask for on the website, plus photos, proof of address and some other bits and bobs. Have photocopies of everything, so am hoping that I have covered all the bases, but it being my first trip there, I just wonder if anybody has any tips ?

Flying AirAsia and staying at the Corus hotel, (by the towers and about a Km from the embassy), any help on how much a taxi is from the airport or the best way to get from the airport to the hotel would be greatly appreciated. (I don't land until about midnight).

Many thanks

:)

Holding a NON -O- of the same status, besides the birth certificate the second most wanted is the paternity certificate issued at your amphur/registration office based on decision by the local family court. Got my NON -O- once in Singapore several other times in germany. Showed the above mentioned with passport paid 150,- Euro, went home. In Singapore have to wait for one day, in germany for 10 minutes. :D:D

:)

Holding a NON -O- of the same status, besides the birth certificate the second most wanted is the paternity certificate issued at your amphur/registration office based on decision by the local family court. Got my NON -O- once in Singapore several other times in germany. Showed the above mentioned with passport paid 150,- Euro, went home. In Singapore have to wait for one day, in germany for 10 minutes. :D:D

Thanks Redhawk, is the paternity certificate the 'blue book' ? I have that with the signed page showing me as the father. And that corresponds to me named as the father on the birth certificate

Taxi straight to the hotel............or take the express train from the airport. Takes about 25 minutes.

Don't bother with the Visa app forms shown on the website. They are out-of-date and you will be issued the correct ones at the entrance gate in any event. Take a pen with you to fill it out whilst waiting in the queue.

The KL express train would cost you 35 ringgit/person from the airport. If you are traveling alone then it is better to take KL express train much cheaper than the taxi. The taxi may charge you over 80 Ringgit.

I prefer KL express which goes direct to the town. Much faster and more spacious.

All the best!

Don't forget copy of bank statement or passbook with balance of over B 100,000 is required. Copy of marriage cert, spouse's house registration and Thai ID.

There is Skybus from LCCT to KL Sentral for RM9 takes abou 40-50 min same destination as Express Train. From KL Sentral you can change to LRT to get to KLCC station or take a taxi from here.

IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER.

I always look forward to this when I go to KL for visa purposes:

Try those 24-hour indian/srilankan curry houses... food is great and really cheap. Better than Nana, and you can eat so much good quality curry and a lot of variety for less than 100 baht. You just go in and put the rice and different types of meats and curries (as much as you want) on your plate and then ask them how much it would cost. Usually 10 MYR or less.

Same thing with the cheap but good Chinese eateries, but they're not as plentiful as the curry houses. :)

Don't forget copy of bank statement or passbook with balance of over B 100,000 is required. Copy of marriage cert, spouse's house registration and Thai ID.

There is Skybus from LCCT to KL Sentral for RM9 takes abou 40-50 min same destination as Express Train. From KL Sentral you can change to LRT to get to KLCC station or take a taxi from here.

He is not married. And even for married the 100k is not a "requirement" from any post I have seen. Zero to 100k seems to have worked recently - but that was for spouse.

Reports have indicated 20k is generally an acceptable figure for his circumstances, but no set rule. Maybe 2 weeks ago a member in a similar position obtained multi-entry Non-O at KL on basis of Thai child with only 10k in the bank. Other documents mentioned are not appropriate as Op is not married.

Edited by thaiphoon

He is not married. And even for married the 100k is not a "requirement" from any post I have seen. Zero to 100k seems to have worked recently - but that was for spouse.

I was there for a visa about couple weeks ago. It was posted on the notice board in the consular section 100k bank statement is one of the doc needed for Non-O based on marriage.

BTW, Thai Embassy about 10 min walk from Ampang park LRT station.

BTW, Thai Embassy about 10 min walk from Ampang park LRT station.

Or get down Monorail Bukit Nanas, then cross the street toward Renaissance Hotel... then get on the blue bus "metrobus" number 28 or 79 (if I remember correctly!) toward "Proton" (car showroom).

Embassy is directly opposite the Proton showroom. Get on from the bus-stop right in front of the Renaissance Hotel (NOT across...). Cost 1 to 2 MYR (10-20 baht) depending on the bus collector (beats me why..) but they give you a ticket with the amount printed anyway. They don't speak English, but they're usually friendly and helpful (seem to be srilankan-malaysian).

When you see the Nationwide 1-story building and then the VW showroom on the left side of the road, you are VERY near already.

Don't confuse metrobus with rapidkl bus which has a letter before the number (ex. U28).

Hope it helps.

The KL express train would cost you 35 ringgit/person from the airport. If you are traveling alone then it is better to take KL express train much cheaper than the taxi. The taxi may charge you over 80 Ringgit.

I prefer KL express which goes direct to the town. Much faster and more spacious.

All the best!

Air Asia fly to LCCT not KLIA, as far as I am aware there is no train from LCCT.

Last time I went I got the skybus, takes you right into central KL (KL Sentral actually) non-stop, takes about an hour as LCCT is a bit further out. This costs 8 ringgitts I think, compared to about 100 for a taxi that won't be noticably quicker. The jump in a cab from KL Senral to your hotel, shouldn't be more than a few ringgitts.

Off topic, but does anyone know the best way from KLIA to Port Dickson? I am going tomorrow but never been before, at the moment I am thinking just jump in a cab (it's about 60km / 1 hour apparently). No there is not a new consulate there, I'm going for work unfortunately.

QED is Correct...

If you are flying AirAsia then you will arrive at LCCT (Low Cost Terminal).. there is NO Express train from there... Only the Express Bus... Take the Red AirAsia oone as it's is marginally better, cleaner and "Cooler" then the yellow competitor. (BTW this is NOT a political statement !!!)

Buy a Round trip Ticket will save you a few Ringgit. You buy the Tickets in the terminal, just before you exit... look for the booths.

From KL Central where Bus drops you, you may be able to take the monorail to get you close to your hotel.. otherwise taxis are fairly cheap... BUT.. make sure they turn on the meter!! Taxis are as much of a problem in KL as they are in Bkk... especially at rush hour!

Enjoy KL.. I love it there... Huge change from Bangkok...

Shows what Thailand could be like, if they only cared!

CS

Edited by CosmicSurfer