Seafood Resturants

ratcliffe

They opened a much smaller place at '89 Plaza on the Lamphun Road. I'd say Similan is the best bet. (Other than Makro, a BBQ in your garden, friends and beer. )

I went back to Phuket seafood last night, just to have my favourite dish, as it's just up the road from the back of the manor. Music was great, and the food was as good, and the staff were more friendly as they remembered me.

They have put up a bamboo wall at the back and heaps of plants, a great improvement.

For sheer excellence in cooking, Similan have the edge, but they tend to be a little more expensive, but they also have a better selection. :)

Since the closure of Nang Nuan (with an "n" note and not an "l") .....

It is, in fact, Nang Nual (นางนวล) and I've only ever seen it written as such, but since an 'L' at the end of a word is pronounced 'N' then technically both could be right. Anyway, they're closed in Chiang Mai, although the original in Pattaya (walking Street) is still going .

Nang Nual Pattaya

Cecco,

It closed maybe a year ago, presumably because other than their popular lunchtime buffet they were never very busy for such a big place.

No signs of anything else opening up there.

Edited by KevinHunt

It is, in fact, Nang Nual (นางนวล) and I've only ever seen it written as such, but since an 'L' at the end of a word is pronounced 'N' then technically both could be right. Anyway, they're closed in Chiang Mai, although the original in Pattaya (walking Street) is still going .

Technically or any other way it pronounced Nang Nuan :D

You never see the word "police" spelled as "tumruaj" do you? It's always tumruat or tumruad...Even though the Thai word ends in a "J" :)

The thread is about seafood restaurants, maybe a refersher course is in order :D

I looked for similian with my thai wife yesterday, as we drove north, past Rimping Market... could not see a sign anywhere.

could someone please give more detailed info as to restaurant location? Is it up near Jasmine Homes, before that? after that? Near the pizza place? any directions would be appreciated.

thanks

I looked for similian with my thai wife yesterday, as we drove north, past Rimping Market... could not see a sign anywhere.

could someone please give more detailed info as to restaurant location? Is it up near Jasmine Homes, before that? after that? Near the pizza place? any directions would be appreciated.

thanks

You drove too far. It is closer to Theppanya Hospital but on the opposite side of the street. (Between Theppanya Hospital and Meechok Plaza.)

Technically or any other way it pronounced Nang Nuan :D

You never see the word "police" spelled as "tumruaj" do you? It's always tumruat or tumruad...Even though the Thai word ends in a "J" :)

The thread is about seafood restaurants, maybe a refersher course is in order :D

Some posters never stick to threads. It's only a wind-up game :D He can be very funny though

Similan on the other hand is probably my favourite. Just turn off the Superhighway heading to Ruam Chok market, and it's about half a Km up on the left hand side. The sign is only in Thai, so you have to look for it. The owner speaks fluent English and is quite a character. The crabs are still blinking, the prawns still swimming, and the the oysters sill blowing bubbles. All the fish are still live, and the shellfish are shut tight and not yawning at you. he claims he freights all his own produce up daily, and I have no reason to doubt that.

Hi 'Maejo Man

Can you please give more specific directions? I would to find this place but not too sure how to get there. If you could break your directions down a little that would be great :)

KWD

Hi 'Maejo Man

Can you please give more specific directions? I would to find this place but not too sure how to get there. If you could break your directions down a little that would be great :)

KWD

I thought that was pretty clear, but here goes. If you are driving along the Superhighway in an easterly direction, from the river, turn left at the Chiangmai Ram 2 hospital, and it's about 700 Mtrs up on the left. If you get to Rimping supermarket you have passed it.

See the map

post-7622-1258002432_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maejo Man

Hi 'Maejo Man

KWD

I thought that was pretty clear, but here goes. If you are driving along the Superhighway in an easterly direction, from the river, turn left at the Chiangmai Ram 2 hospital, and it's about 700 Mtrs up on the left. If you get to Rimping supermarket you have passed it.

See the map

AHHHHHHHHhhh..... it is before Rimping market... i know i was confused but all is clear now... thanks for the little mapette