Retirement Visa

I know this question may at first glance seem a bit of a daft one, but if I’ve learnt one thing here in Thailand, “logic is a dish best served cold” If you catch my drift.

I hold a retirement visa, UK passport holder; I understand all the criteria, in applying for a new one. My question is: Can I apply for a new “R” visa at any time, prior to my existing visa “R” expiring? It’s all due to my work rotation, working outside and living inside Thailand.

The visa you will be applying is of the "O" categorie. Yes, you can apply for one when your old one is still valid. They will just cancel the current visa and give you a new one.

Edit:

Moved to visa section as the correct forum for this question.

As there is no such visa have to ask if you have a long stay non immigrant OA visa issued in the UK using police report/medical certificate and allows a one year stay?

Or do you have a multi entry non immigrant O visa issued by a Consulate such as Hull which allows 90 day stays?

Or do you have a one year extension of stay from Immigration in Thailand?

I checked last week. They will renew 60 days early no problem. For 90 days they want a reason. Travel etc.

What office?

maybe name of the particular friendly officer too? as we know how rules changes between clerks working in the same office :)

There was a press release not that long ago from Pattaya immigration that they openly welcome 90 day early applications for retirement extensions with no excuse needed, and warning people not to wait until the last minute. That was an official enforcement policy at that time for the entire office. Of course, these type of things can always change, which is why I asked, which office? Of course, Pattaya immigration located at Jomtien is now called Chonburi immigration.

Edited by Jingthing

There was a press release not that long ago from Pattaya immigration that they openly welcome 90 day early applications for retirement extensions with no excuse needed, and warning people not to wait until the last minute. That was an official enforcement policy at that time for the entire office. Of course, these type of things can always change, which is why I asked, which office? Of course, Pattaya immigration located at Jomtien is now called Chonburi immigration.

If the OP is asking about the extension I also renewed mine 11 weeks early no questions asked in BKK

What office?
Chonburi - Jomtien

OK, that represents a minor change in policy.

Before: 3 months early welcomed, no excuse needed

Now based on this report: 2 months early welcomed, 3 months OK with excuse (typically travel)

Edited by Jingthing