Driving To On And Around Chiangmai

lanky

I would like to know of interesting tourist spots acessable by car around chiangmai also would like to know if you can get into bordering countries such as burma or laos with a car the vehicle I have also runs on lpg so it is economical to run as well providing there are gps stations along the way

The few people I know who like to travel by personal vehicle do NOT take their vehicle into Burma or Laos. They travel to the border and leave their vehicle at the Thai border, then travel by bus in the other countries. As far as Thailand is concerned there are LOTS of great places to visit off the beaten path. Check with the GPS forum for more information about mapping.

If you do wish to take a car into Burma or Laos you will need the ownership papers and insurance policy.

So if it's a hire car you can forget it.

If it's your own you should not have a problem.

If you go into Burma, say, from Mae Sai to Tachilek you will get a 14 day stamp for Burma but if you are taking the GF or wife (and she's Thai) she will have to return the same day unless she uses a passport rather than just her Thai ID card.