• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

2. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

3. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

4. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

5. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

6. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

7. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

8. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

10. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

11. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

12. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

13. 4

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

Where Can I Buy Good Quality Furniture And Applicances?

OldMike

A place I discovered too late (after my house was fully furnished) was Chiang Moi Furniture. The owner did his cabinet making apprenticeship in the UK, speaks good English and makes very good quality furniture. Two branches: One opposite the Siam Commercial Bank on T. Rachawong (along from Kasem Store #1) and the other over the river from there, opposite Prince Royals school.

Phone was 053-252309 & 235539 a year ago, though most of the staff don't speak much English.

CMMCB

A place I discovered too late (after my house was fully furnished) was Chiang Moi Furniture. The owner did his cabinet making apprenticeship in the UK, speaks good English and makes very good quality furniture. Two branches: One opposite the Siam Commercial Bank on T. Rachawong (along from Kasem Store #1) and the other over the river from there, opposite Prince Royals school.

Phone was 053-252309 & 235539 a year ago, though most of the staff don't speak much English.

CMMCB

Chiang Moi Futniture is spot on and his cabinetry is out standing.

I really can't say about furniture but high quality appliances can found everywhere. Central, Siam Electric and Nyom Pannich to name a few. The more you spend the higher quality you will get.

For the same price or less than index you could get quality teak furniture from ban tawai or san patong which should last forever rather than fall appart.

I really can't say about furniture but high quality appliances can found everywhere. Central, Siam Electric and Nyom Pannich to name a few. The more you spend the higher quality you will get.

For the same price or less than index you could get quality teak furniture from ban tawai or san patong which should last forever rather than fall appart.

I understand that Index has a quality hi so section upstairs, probably worth a check.

The OP mentioned a leather sofa, which he would be hard put to find at Baan Tawai. Otherwise I agree with you, Baan Tawai is a good place to look.

/ Priceless

The OP mentioned a leather sofa, which he would be hard put to find at Baan Tawai. Otherwise I agree with you, Baan Tawai is a good place to look.

/ Priceless

Agreed.

I will say though..... I bought a leather sofa before realising the sweaty implications

[...]

Agreed.

I will say though..... I bought a leather sofa before realising the sweaty implications

I have one that is very comfortable. It is the real thing (leather) though, not the usual Thai imitation stuff which is truly sweat-inducing...

/ Priceless