Thaivisa Cm Karaoke Challenge Night ?

orang37

Sawasdee Khrup, TV Friends,

Recently I and I were reminded that our very own Khun Doppa likes to sing, as I and I were wont to do of yore.

I used to know one karaoke place in CM (it's long gone now) where you could actually go and sing using a very good sound system, and the place was not too smoky, and not (usually) full of Mr. Hong Kong, Mr. Tokyo, Mr. Taipei, Mr. Guangzhou, etc. singing "My Way" drunkenly off-key with one hand on the microphone and the other hand on either his bottle of Johnny Walker Black, or on a place polite conversation prohibits my mentioning. Of course, now, with non-smoking rules, perhaps all the karaoke places are not smoking fumaroles ?

Also, the place was nice in that, while it did have the usual coterie of demimondaine damsels, they were tastefully dressed, and the place easily gave up on trying to hook you up with one of their beauties if you were not up for that, and, even better, the place did not "kite" the bill.

Now we used to go only on a week night, since we felt that probably on the weekend nights they'd have less tolerance for a farang singer who was keeneeow. and consumed at most two or three nam manao's or soda waters (and, of course, an obligatory drink for at least one lady with the usual direct statement of non-intent to "go further").

Wonder if anyone knows a karaoke place in CM now that kind of fits the above description.

We would like to hear Blinky Bill sing "Love Me Tender," and UG sing "Why Must I be A Teenager in Love ?," and Rasseru sing "My Way." We think "I Hate Myself for Loving You," by Joan Jett, would be fitting for KH. And, of course, we'd like to hear Doppa sing something by Nat King Cole. Unfortunately we have yet to ever see that remarkable song ("Nature Boy") made famous by Nat King Cole in any karaoke place ... which would be the song of choice for I and I to mutilate with what's left of our human voice.

If only we could go back to that rainy night in a Los Angeles parking lot circa 1946-7 or so where the author of "Nature Boy," eden abhez (he would never sign his name using upper-case letters, a one-of-a-kind with shoulder length blonde hair, a body-builder, a vegetarian, twenty years before the 1960's thing), showed up with his song scrawled long-hand to show Nat's manager. Capitol Records thought the song wouldn't sell, but when Nat began singing it in his concerts, public demand finally got them to release it as the "b" side of another record. It became number one on the billboard charts in the US in 1948 for eight weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature_Boy_(song)

beast, ~o:37;

p.s. lyrics to "Nature Boy" here : http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Nat...8256AF1000B59DE

Dear KO, UG and I could arrange a little duet for you. Minnie the Moocher comes to mind. Spike_Jones___Minnie_The_Moocher.mp3

We still have our leotards from a previous engagement.

Can you do the original Cab Calloway version? I'd be interested to see you in your leotard, but a Zoot suit would be more appropriate.

Minnie  or Louis Jordan ..

Myself, I'd choose one of Bernard Cribbins' classics - maybe 'Right said Fred'?

....and so we ..... had a cuppa tea..... Classic!!!

But then again, I could always do the Whistling Jack Smith classic - I was Kaiser Bill's Batman. That way you wouldn't have to hear me sing. And I can do The Shimmy!!!

(it's so bad, it's good!!). :) Edited by KevinHunt