Email

Harcourt

I recieved an email the other day in my hotmail account, (which is not associated with TV), as follows:

"Hi,

Your email address was listed in Junk Mail I recieved. I am curious how I got on a Thai email list?

My wife is Thai and we live in Canada. We will be visiting Thailand later this year.

Do you subscribe to the Thai Visa Forum? Do you do archery? These are the two activities that I do that might have got my email.

Joseph"

I replied that I am indeed a member of TV, to which he responded that 5 TV members had also responded to him, of the number that he had sent out the question to.

I find it odd because my hotmail account is not the one I use with TV.

Even if the hotmail account was the one I used, this chap has either got something from me and other TV members, or recieved something with me and other TV members in the adressed-to list.

Thoughts?

The likelihood is that your email address was picked up from an email chain (probably a joke etc.) forwarded on by contacts of yours or someone further down the chain. I know there is some connection between a friend here in Thailand and a relative of mine as email jokes/images etc. that one sends me arrive from the other about four days later. The two people are unknown to each other but with email etc. the theory of six degrees of separation.