Dead Musicians Supergroup

keyjor

keyjor,

How can I?

Jimi, well he's just outstanding. He'd have no part in a group. He need's his own hting.

Somebody mentioned Kurt. Gimme a break.

Somebody else made me Cross saying that Freddie Mercury "HAD" to be aprt of any super group. Does he <deleted>?

I won't even mention Birdman's post, which you picked up on.

LeungKen may be onto something, with his post.

But seriously, (-ish), Elvis?

keyjor,

How can I?

Jimi, well he's just outstanding. He'd have no part in a group. He need's his own hting.

Somebody else made me Cross saying that Freddie Mercury "HAD" to be aprt of any super group. Does he <deleted>?

It would be a tough thing to pull off. Dylan, Petty, Harrison, Orbison and the guy from ELO did it with the Travellling Wilburys. Did anything they produced sound as good as their own indivdual bodies of work? Not really. Still, some nice music and I'll bet they had a blast.

18 piece band is streatching it a bit far.

I would have Keith moon on drums. Hendrex on lead. Keith Richards on rythm. Flea on bass and Iggy Pop on vocals.

Lou Reed to write the lyrics.

Esoteric and underappreciated. A superlative group. :)

keyjor,

How can I?

LeungKen is good but not really my type of music. However who am I to say who was best.

My line up is rock/blues based but I am open to all suggestions.

Jimi did back the Isley Bros when starting so should be able to integrate. In my dreams he can anyway.

Thanks for the taking part. :)

I remember that there was a 'supergroup' album featuring Steven Stills, Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper and they sounded like shit together...much better in their respective bands (Kooper was a session musician)...

why should we presume that an assemblage with our (dead) favorites would be any better than where they came from? :) ..gotta remember that record producers engineer the sound that they want to sell records and that they know appeals to the listener...

still...don't want to rain on the parade...interesting thread... :D

Best supergroup of dead greats of music.

Here is mine.

Drums: John Bonham, Keith Moon

Keyboards: Ray Charles, Billy Preston, Mozart.

Rhythm Guitar and vocals: John Lennon, George Harrison, Robert Johnson (slide), Brian Jones,

Lead Guitar and vocals: Jimi Hendrix

Female backing vocals: Dusty Springefield, Minnie Ripperton, Karen Carpenter (& drums)

Male backing vocals: Marvin Gaye (& piano), Otis Redding, Sam Cooke.

Lead vocals: Elvis Presley.

I don't think it would work but mouthwatering anyway.

Restricting Ray Charles to piano and not using his 'voice' would be myopic (No pun intended Ray).

And do you think he would even show up if Keith Moon would be smashing all over the place / him ..and everybody else. Even John Bonham's polyrhythmic and oh so interesting timekeeping would be stepping all over Dusty Springfield's fabulous 'dusty' voice.

Ohh too 'orrible to contemplate.

Otis Redding "backing' vocals". Have you been bitten by a rabid soi dog ?

Mozart ?

An improviser and a great melody writer but confining him to 12 bars would have him drinking in 12 bars ..before noon !

...which is where I have to go after reading this OP.

Nobody has even mentioned the great Jaco Pastorius ...Completely unique in style, unique in sound and qualifies 'cause he dead !

/

I think I'd want to hear the Paul Butterfield Blues Band again as most of them are dead now, bot boy were they brilliant in their time.

How about Cozy Powell on drums, John Entwhistle on Bass, Billy Preston on keyboards, Alexis Korner on Rhythm and running the band and Steve Marriott on lead and vocals.

Plus anything with Robert Palmer maybe duetting with Dusty.

is Elvin Bishop still alive? I remember in Abu Dhabi when driving home from work some DJ outta Dubai was obsessed with 'Fooled around an' fell in love' and would play it at least once an hour...Elvin was as good on vocals as on guitar: 'that girl's got a ho-woo-oh-woo-old on me' classic R&B wail...

ol' Paul an' Mike, RIP... :)

Drums.....Moon

Bass........Lynott

Guitar......Lennon

Lead........Hendrix

Keyboards..Preston

Male Vocals........Lennon, Lynott, Hendrix

Female Vocals.....Springfield

Back up vocals, Ripperton, Passed members of the Mamas and Papas

Would float people like Harrison, Presley, Orbison, Holly etc as guests

This line up applies to a certain genre of music....

Heavier rock and jazz would require a totally different line up

Edited by gburns57au