Honda Pcx

alexth

Just went in CM Honda.. The one I went in didnt have any in the show room and wasnt that forthcoming with info..

He said the new price is now 73900 cash and 74900 to finance (but financing it costs ++ of course).. Thats a full 5k up from the 69 / 70 people have stated.. He was sure those were prices on the 'new 2011 model' but that the 2011 model was exactly the same (no color changes) he also couldnt guarantee any color and didnt expect any until Nov 15th..

Really seemed like he did everything he could not to make a sale.. Ahh Honda...

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PCX here in Chiang Mai, at the dealer just north of Airport Central Plaza, had a price tag on it - supposed to be the new one. Bike in the background, the new CBR150 (Fi) costs only 2,500Baht more here.

post-98988-0-52880000-1288863984_thumb.j

Edited by CMX

Did you see the price..

As I mentioned the Honda on the Mae Rim Rd was about as helpful as a kick in the nuts.. Insisted the colors (and everything about it) were not going to change, and only knew the (new ??) price of 74 cash and 75 credit.. He also had none in stock, said I couldnt pick a color, didnt know what colors he would get, insisted the colors would not be changing, and was just a shower of either bad or no info.

Is this dealer the Niyom Panich one ?? Should have tried it..

The PCX here in Chiang Mai, at the dealer just north of Airport Central Plaza, had a price tag on it - supposed to be the new one. Bike in the background, the new CBR150 (Fi) costs only 2,500Baht more here.

That's about right. I was qouted 74,800 for CBR and 72,000 for PCX. Different animal though.

Any way i did see the RED colour of PCX today at Jomtien Beach . . , " Red Colour is USA specs only"

Thought the 'Candy Red' was a new colour for 2011 ?

Any news on the more basic PCX ?

Last time I was in Honda the sales lady said end October or November.. maybe selling lots of the top spec ones so put off bringing out the lower spec one ? Have no need at all for the stop/start feature, nearest traffic lights are much further away then I would ever bike to..

Hello, think I will buy an Honda PCX in a few days. Maybe tomorrow.

Saw 4 colors at Honda Maenam (Koh Samui) : black, white, champagne, silver.

Is there any other color available in other cities?

Is there only ONE version of PCX because here it's 71 000 bahts?

Do you know the papers I need to get it at my name? Do I need to have visa?

Do you know if I come with the cash and can leave directly with the motorbike?

It includes 1 year insurrance. What does it cover?

Do you think there is hidden fees in that 71K price?

As they dont speak a word of english......

Thanks again.

The bike in the photo looks good, and as I have been waiting for the 2011 model of PCX to come, I just went to a big Honda dealer in BKK today to buy it. To my disappointment they they told me, that such thing as a 2011 model of PCX not yet exist (maybe some time next year), and the one in the photo is just a 2010 model with stickers (accessories). Their accessory catalog though did not offer these stickers, but another less beautiful kind of stickers.

Can anyone kindly provide more information about the bike in the photo, or eventually provide me the phone number of the dealer in CM?

Thanks in advance,

Finn

I think that dealer is the niyom panich branch.. Tho I did ask and didnt get a clear reply..

The dealer out on the mae rim Rd I hope to avoid.. he was worse than useless and seemed especially annoyed to be asked basic questions.. His vital 'staring into space in an empty showroom' time was obviously under threat.

Seems odd to me that a Honda dealer would put aftermarket stickers on a new bike pre sale ??

As the (rotten) photographer to blame, I have to admit that "Ride It" is unlikely to be something anyone wants to carry on their bike forever. My interest was one of surprise, that the two bikes were so close in price.

Also, when I asked if it was 2011, I think the response was "new" - which is why I wrote "supposed." That is, he said new to my question about 2011.

In any case, I doubt very much if this - even if there is such a thing as a 2011 model, will register as next year's bike, as I've been convinced by the arguments that if the green book is issued this year, it will carry the date upon which the book was issued. Both bikes I purchased this year were dated when Land Transport issued them, including the new one which did supply an earlier invoice date. Production year model did not exist on any of my paperwork, just date of issuance (and basic insurance).

And yes, the dealer is the one coming north from Central Airport Plaza on Mahidol Road.

I assumed it was 'new' color scheme as 1) the dealer at Mae Rim made it clear he didnt have any, wouldnt have any soon, didnt expect any color change and no you couldnt reserve a color :rolleyes: he would take a deposit, but what color you got I couldnt work out.

I expect if they are pumping the price by 5k.. They will probably do something to mark it as a new one ??

As the (rotten) photographer to blame, I have to admit that "Ride It" is unlikely to be something anyone wants to carry on their bike forever. My interest was one of surprise, that the two bikes were so close in price.

Also, when I asked if it was 2011, I think the response was "new" - which is why I wrote "supposed." That is, he said new to my question about 2011.

In any case, I doubt very much if this - even if there is such a thing as a 2011 model, will register as next year's bike, as I've been convinced by the arguments that if the green book is issued this year, it will carry the date upon which the book was issued. Both bikes I purchased this year were dated when Land Transport issued them, including the new one which did supply an earlier invoice date. Production year model did not exist on any of my paperwork, just date of issuance (and basic insurance).

And yes, the dealer is the one coming north from Central Airport Plaza on Mahidol Road.

greenbook position 1 is date of register

greenbook position 9 is modelyear

both page 4

any new bike insured this year, will be 2010 in greenbook position 9, automaticly

vehciles for thai market does not display modelyer in VIN 10th digit, as in US and europe. most use a zero in this position

Just to be clear in this head:

A new bike purchased from Honda - which almost always includes registration (green book) and basic insurance - if initiated after Jan 1, must necessarily appear as 2011 in slots 1 and 9, because either they or the buyer can't insure or even go to Land Transportation until the new year has begun??

• 3 months later...

Just wondering how everyone is doing with their PCX's. I test drove one yesterday and was very impressed with it's looks, smoothness ( sometimes couldn't feel the engine vibrating), quickness off the line at traffic lights, and comfort. The idle stop did bother me a little bit, I found that when I was stopped for traffic, if I twisted the throttle to get the engine going again, the bike would lurch forward, so I started holding a little bit of brake when twisting the throttle to get going again. I found one at my local dealer for 74,800 firm price, and it was white, but she also had a red one coming in. She included 2 helmets and a jacket which were all worth maybe 2,000 baht. Anybody know what other colors are available for 2011? The dealer wasnt forthcoming with too much information.

Just wondering how everyone is doing with their PCX's. I test drove one yesterday and was very impressed with it's looks, smoothness ( sometimes couldn't feel the engine vibrating), quickness off the line at traffic lights, and comfort. The idle stop did bother me a little bit, I found that when I was stopped for traffic, if I twisted the throttle to get the engine going again, the bike would lurch forward, so I started holding a little bit of brake when twisting the throttle to get going again. I found one at my local dealer for 74,800 firm price, and it was white, but she also had a red one coming in. She included 2 helmets and a jacket which were all worth maybe 2,000 baht. Anybody know what other colors are available for 2011? The dealer wasnt forthcoming with too much information.

I think you might be missing the idea with the idle stop. The bike is supposed to start moving because you don't need the engine to start until you are ready to move. Sit at the red light with the engine stopped, when the light changes crank the throttle wide open and fly off. The engine starts so quickly that you will still beat most people off the line.

I understand what youre saying, it is very quick off the line even with the idle stop engaged. However, Im not one for beating most people off the line. Im usually the one at the end of the que and I prefer a smooth take off, so I found that holding the brake a little bit smoothed the transition from stop to rolling..

I think you might be missing the idea with the idle stop. The bike is supposed to start moving because you don't need the engine to start until you are ready to move. Sit at the red light with the engine stopped, when the light changes crank the throttle wide open and fly off. The engine starts so quickly that you will still beat most people off the line.

If you get too bored with your PCX, let me know. Im in the market for one now. smile.gif

I guess the biggest quirk I can find about the PCX is the position of the horn button relative to the turn signal. After riding my Fino for a long time, Im set on the turn signal on the top and the horn on the bottom of the left cluster especially in Thailand with some of the crazy drivers here. The PCX has the horn above the turn signal and the horn buttons fat part is more inboard, which makes me need to reach my thumb to use it. Not a good idea in an emergency situation.

Loving it, especially with the current gas prices. The idle stop is a little weird at first, but once you get use to it, it's barely noticeable. I don't ride it as much but averaging around 500km/month.

• 1 month later...

I understand what youre saying, it is very quick off the line even with the idle stop engaged. However, Im not one for beating most people off the line. Im usually the one at the end of the que and I prefer a smooth take off, so I found that holding the brake a little bit smoothed the transition from stop to rolling..

Its very quick to take off, because it don't have a starter motor :o it have a generator to start it thats why it so quick, i get more excited every day i go for a ride, so much better than my Nouovo :)

post-27591-0-94271700-1302410821_thumb.j

my neighbour has the metalic red one and its rather nice to look at. What do people think of the somewhat recumbant riding position?

looks like it would be hard to hustle down through traffic without getting out of your seat. :unsure:

I just got back to Thonburi, Bangkok, from a weeks biking to Udon Thani. Covered 1600 kms on my PCX and she performed wonderfully. Felt really comfortable all the way there and back. Handled hills and everything else with ease.

Love it!!!

Edited by Phatcharanan

I'm not seeing many of the PCX bikes out there. I think it will go the way of the Delorean. Just too expensive when there are " cool " bikes out there for so much less.

The Scoopy is not shabby at almost half the price. You'd have to really want that "prestige" to overlook the Scoopy/Fino/Airblade alternatives.

Hello all. I live in the USA and I am trying to convert my US model PCX rear turn signals to the Asian version and I'm not having any luck. Can anyone please help me and maybe point me in a direction where I could source the rear turn signal assembly? Thanks.

Presently at Ao Nang Beach in Krabi and have rented a beautiful red PCX for three days. As most of you know I have a nice Yamaha Elegance and it only has 8000 kilometers on it. It's perfect. Totally outclasses the Air Blade for instance. Here in Krabi there's stunning scenery all around and it's most reassuring to have a 6.2 liter fuel tank compared to the Elegance's 4,8 and Air Blades 4.0. Last time here at Ao Nang I rented a practically new Honda CBR 150' and I really liked it. I am currently thinking one doesn't need anything larger than this latest and greatest 125 and can easily tour all of Thailand with it in comfort. The thing outweighs the Elegance by 40 or 50 pounds and I now view this as a decisive factor towards putting this machine over the top in comfort and stability. The mirrors provide an excellent view to the rear. And they do not change when I go from riding single to putting my girlfriend behind me. If everything else were equal between any two given bikes this is reason alone to go for the PCX over everything else. There is virtually no vibration. Even that hump in the seat that so many guys criticise makes this seat more comfortable to me as I can press myself back into it and this offers needed support. THe thing goes better than any 125 has a right to go.

I would buy one in bright red as soon as I get back to my condo in Pattaya except for one thing. That is, what is Yamaha coming out with to compete with the PCX? It is going to have to come up with something really great because the new PCX is really that good. If anyone ever comes in here asking, "I am new to bikes, what bike should I get?"I have one simple answer...the PCX. Nothing else comes close. For me the Elegance still is far better than anything that might be a candidate for second place however. So it's not bad to stick with it and wait say eight months to see what Yamaha has in store for the Thai market. From what i've read the XMAX which has just 125 c'c's and has been around for several years, but not in Thailand but it gets something like 14 horsepower out of this 125.

• 2 weeks later...

( even waiting for light breakers )

What do others do? Sit there stubbornly waiting for the green light whilst everyone behind you are honking their horns. Or take off with the rest of them 3 seconds early.

I wait .. usually. Then pass them all 5 seconds later.

blink.gif

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I hired one for a week while holidaying in Phuket last year and was so impressed with the PCX bought one in Saigon. Paid $3420 because I upgraded to the Custom model with all the extras and very pleased with the result. I then promptly went out and spent another $70 pimping it with extra chrome and complete gel coating to protect the paintwork from parking scratches. Also included a fitted rear seat backing with chrome safety bar in that price. Here is a link to a photo of the bike getting its first wash and polish for 75cents