Honda Pcx

alexth

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stickers......schmickers who really cares about stickers, the thread is about the bike and how it is and my opinion is..........brilliant! I've been on 150CBR's for the last 8 years and have been agonising over what to do when I came to changing the bike again this year. Nothing out there really appealed, is the fuel injected model coming or not(?), Tiger Boxer was around the same price but worried about resale value, Kawa Ninja...silly money for a round the town runabout so I plumped for the PCX. Total idiot, never ridden one, couldn't be bothered with a rental so went in today got a decent price for my CBR and rode out on a new white PCX.

Less than 24 hours and I love it already, loads of acceleration, plenty of speed (for me) on the open road and above all I feel safe on it! It's a lot more solid feeling than the Waves, Clicks and Fino's that I have driven before and after a little wobble on the first corner (down the slope out of the showroom onto the main road) I've felt like I've been riding it for years. The hump in the seat isn't an issue for me 6ft tall but plenty of room for my legs, the driving position is very different from the CBR but it doesn't seem to matter.... it just feels right! So, I know it's very early days but for my money it's worth every satang! Only downside is that I do find I'm feeling the bumps a bit more with the smaller wheels, but I reckon I can put up with that, maybe a bit of extra padding in the saddle.........! :) :)

Edited by gmac

I was out on my PCX for a while yesterday, first time in a week, due to the fact I have moved to a new house... I really enjoyed it, its not fast enough for me to enjoy on the open road, but in town, it is more than fast enough...

If they only had 250cc, I would not have to look for a new big bike!!!

I can vouch for the fact that the PCX is great over longer distances and can comfortably cruise at up to 100kph. The major issue over longer distances is the size of the tank and the fact that on longer trips you'll be stopping to top up regularly which may get tiresome.

I agree about the fuel issue; I rode my Honda CZi from Pattaya to Chiang Mai and about every 130 kms I was looking for fuel. On the other hand, stoping does wonders for the "Iron Butt" syndrome :D

It was worth the effort eh.

post-41816-010620400 1283600555_thumb.jp

post-41816-080668700 1283600576_thumb.jp

:D

Interesting, at least. What does "pimping your ride" like that cost? As much as the bike itself? Out of curiosity, what are the "boxes" just above the rear wheels? Are they functional -- do they provide storage?, or are they just for visual effect? Thanks for sharing.

It was worth the effort eh.

post-41816-010620400 1283600555_thumb.jp

post-41816-080668700 1283600576_thumb.jp

:D

Interesting, at least. What does "pimping your ride" like that cost? As much as the bike itself? Out of curiosity, what are the "boxes" just above the rear wheels? Are they functional -- do they provide storage?, or are they just for visual effect? Thanks for sharing.

http://www.mocyc.com/modifyzone/view.php?category=HONDA&idmodify=504

Been on mocyc for months.

This one has functional side luggage.

http://www.mocyc.com/modifyzone/view.php?category=HONDA&idmodify=477

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the price for the PCX out of urban cities ? . , Use to be cheaper . . , Pattaya / BKK is 72 000 THB . . . , might be 68 000 in Rayong ? . . . . .,

Any ide ?

Thanks.........

Ubon, 72,000 bht.

Last week 69,000 Bht in Pattaya (Mityon), 70,000 for a white one, looks like the price is coming down a little.

So what is the price for the PCX out of urban cities ? . , Use to be cheaper . . , Pattaya / BKK is 72 000 THB . . . , might be 68 000 in Rayong ? . . . . .,

Any ide ?

Thanks.........

Ubon, 72,000 bht.

Last week 69,000 Bht in Pattaya (Mityon), 70,000 for a white one, looks like the price is coming down a little.

Great News !

I will look in to that . . .

The initial bike is the pcx Prestige with all the trimmings including alarm etc. There will be a lower spec model due in a few months (for the price conscious) after the release of the new 250cc naked bike.

The pcx engine will also be increased in the near future to include a 150cc as already available in the s-wing and the 2 models will be available side by side.

I am particularly interested in a PCX with 150 cc engine.

Are there any news on this? Who knows more concrete?

The initial bike is the pcx Prestige with all the trimmings including alarm etc. There will be a lower spec model due in a few months (for the price conscious) after the release of the new 250cc naked bike.

The pcx engine will also be increased in the near future to include a 150cc as already available in the s-wing and the 2 models will be available side by side.

Scuddy is/was a Honda dealer, but there are still no news on the 250 naked bike, nor the others

250 in PCX would need major upgrade of brakes, suspension and tyres to be safe

Scuddy is/was a Honda dealer, but there are still no news on the 250 naked bike, nor the others

agree - 250 cc is too much,

but 150 cc would be just right for the PCX!!! Therefore, I hope it´s coming soon...

Edited by albhol

agree - 250 cc is too much,

but 150 cc would be just right for the PCX!!! Therefore, I hope it´s coming soon...

That will be bore-up kits out in the near future as always .,

150cc would be perfect for this bike yes . . ,

Honda sells an SH300 in Italy. But that would probably mean boring the case., new throttle body etc. Polini make a 180? 61mm kit for SH 125 so....just wait.

Do you want more speed or just better performance?

Edited by VocalNeal

Honda sells an SH300 in Italy. But that would probably mean boring the case., new throttle body etc. Polini make a 180? 61mm kit for SH 125 so....just wait.

For me, a little more top speed and torque would be fine.

There are cheap tuning kits for the 125cc PCX available,

but as it seems only a matter of time until the Honda dealer will sell a 150 cc PCX...

but as it seems only a matter of time until the Honda dealer will sell a 150 cc PCX...

I think that 'matter of time' will be an ice age..

Cant see any reason for them to homogelate another engine when hop up kits from the boy racers will do the same thing. Just not enough market for 2 PCX models.

Correct . Honda will never make a 150cc version of the PCX . . , ! maybe a 250cc in about 3yrs maybe . . .

Cant see any reason for them to homogelate another engine when hop up kits from the boy racers will do the same thing. Just not enough market for 2 PCX models.

The PCX is produced for the world market, there should be a requirement for 150 cc unsure.gif

So why not fulfill my desire and offer 150cc in Thailand (as already announced by Scuddy - this topic # 68) thumbsup.gif

I must say I admire you guys wanting to ride more than 100 kmh with PCX crappy brakes and tyres, not to mention suspension bottoming.

My dtracker needs 70% of the brakingdistance at 100kmh and my Ninja 650R 50% of the braking distance. Yes, we have tryed, scary on PCX;)

Maybe that's why there is a rev limiter? whistling.gif

I must say I admire you guys wanting to ride more than 100 kmh with PCX crappy brakes and tyres, not to mention suspension bottoming.

My dtracker needs 70% of the brakingdistance at 100kmh and my Ninja 650R 50% of the braking distance. Yes, we have tryed, scary on PCX;)

Maybe that's why there is a rev limiter? whistling.gif

Might have something to do with the driving conditions here. Have a Norwegian fellow condo owner friend who just came back to Pattaya from Norway. Currently renting an Air Blade, he's spent a lot of money renting motorbikes oftentimes for three months at a time and he does get around a lot taking much longer trips than I do. he's rented 115 c.c. Nouvo MX's, the 135 c.c. Nouvo Elegance and Air Blades and as far as he's concerned there's only two choices that make sense to him now.....the Nouvo Elegance and the Honda PcX. The other bikes are simply not as large, comfortable or competent. A close Norwegian friend of his will get here soon so he expects his friend will take the rental Air Blade off his hands and then he's going to go out and buy his first bike...which will be the Honda PCX. He tells me the PCX has very good acceleration and that is it the steadiest bike he's been on so far and says he can comfortably cruise at least 10 kilometers per hour faster than he can on the other bikes due to its road worthiness. He told me the rev limiter came on at 108 kilometers per hour, then he said "one does not need to go any faster than that." As to the driving conditions, just yesterday while approaching an Indian restaurant on the sidewalk I was nearly knocked off my feat by a Thai woman driving her bike on the sidewalk. This was completely unexpected. So yes, having great brakes helps, but since we are dealing with so many idiots even the best handling bike with the best brakes won't save us once we are going so fast that our reaction time isn't up to the driving conditions these people put us through.

• Like 1

Quite how anyone would get on a PCX knowing it has no ABS is mind boggling.............right :o ?

Quite how anyone would get on a PCX knowing it has no ABS is mind boggling.............right :o ?

dtracker does not have ABS, but it does have a huge and effective front disc/rotor. PCX has a tiny front disc/rotor, not designed to brake from more than 80-100 kmh. Tyres have lousy traction. In several markets 125cc like this are speed limited to 80kmh. Which is basicly my speedlimit on PCX/Elegance or similar.

Did just buy the White Honda PCX for 70k . . , will take here to Koh Chang next weekend end will give a review later . . . . . did just order a 280mm discbrake ., and soon the 10k Brembo 4pot from Italy ., then brakeing will not be an issue . ,

Did just buy the White Honda PCX for 70k . . , will take here to Koh Chang next weekend end will give a review later . . . . . did just order a 280mm discbrake ., and soon the 10k Brembo 4pot from Italy ., then brakeing will not be an issue . ,

280mm disc, huge improvement

4 pot Brembo, wont notice much difference, since the stock Nissin is a 3 pot, with one of them operatd by combibrake

braking is still a major issue due to the tyres

4 pot Brembo, wont notice much difference, since the stock Nissin is a 3 pot, with one of them operatd by combibrake

pls explain how a bigger disc improves the brakeing ? . . . , the disc gets cooler when bigger and add more grip right ?

pls explain how a bigger disc improves the brakeing ? . . . , the disc gets cooler when bigger and add more grip right ?

a larger diameter disc has much larger surface, thus cooling faster

for one braking only, the cooling isnt that important. what makes the huge difference is the discs distance from center of wheel. Newtons law, just like a longer wrench gives you much more power on a stuck bolt

but fitting 280mm disc/rotor on a 350mm rim? you will almost be riding on the disc/rotor in left curves