Mr Hippo's Christmas

mr_hippo

I decided to repeat last year's "Christmas Day Candy Ride" and also to do two rides - 25th & 26th. I bought some sweets - about 200 Baht - and print about 600 New Year cards - about business card size.

Christmas Day - 25.51 kms. handlebar bag filled with sweets and cards, stopping at many bus stops to give cards & sweets out; got to 'Happiland', BangKapi and was mobbed by about 6 'ladies'. Tearing myself away, more stops, car horns honking, many people stopping me to take photos. Final stop was less than a kilometre from home when I was stopped by a teacher from a nearby school and was invited in to participate in their Christmas activity that had just started - a good time was had by all!

Boxing Day - 40.15 kms, different route.

Reminded me of those 'Mastercard' ads:-

Cost of candy - about 200 Baht

Printing the cards - about the same

Smiles on peoples faces - priceless!

Fantastic! Good on ya', sir. :-)

If I had a dime for every genuinely good hearted plan (like this one of yours) I dream up....I'd have a lot more money than if I had a hundred dollars for every one of those plans I actually put into action. Thank you for the inspiration to make 2010 more of a "do good" year than just a "think good" one.

CHEERS!

D