How To Stay In Thailand For Several Years, Without Working

Safe yourself the headache, time and money - just get a 12 month Non-O with multiple entries. No proof of income is necessary just a letter from your girlfriend and copy of her ID. Yes you have to do border runs every 90 days - if you leave and re-enter Thailand on/or before your visa expires, you'll get another 90 days.

If after 15 months of stay - you're still with your girlfriend - then go ahead and marry her :)

no letter or copy of id from your girlfriend is required,just sign the self certify form pay your money and away you go...the easiest option by far for you now.

wel the jury is still out on that one....the perth website has this to say:

- Additional Visa Application Form for Non Immigrant 'O' Visa

- All applicants are required to show residential/hotel address for Western Australia i.e. visitors must have at least a one night stop over in Perth

- In cases where the applicant wishes to visit his wife the application must be supported by a photocopy of a marriage certificate as well as a copy of the wife's passport or Identity Card.

- In cases of visits to "partners" the application must be accompanied by a photocopy of the partner's Thai I.D. card/passport

- If the visit is not connected with wives/partners the reasons for the visit must be in writing. Consideration will be given by this office to issuing a double or triple Tourist Visa instead of a Non Immigrant visa.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Non-Imm igrant O multiple entry visa. Normally I go back to the UK every 2 months so no need for border runs. However next time I might need to stay longer than 3 months, so would appreciate advice on the cost of a border run to Cambodia or Laos - i.e. what are the costs of acquiring the relevant Cambodia or Laos visa and are there any re-entry costs coming back into Thailand.

I can work out my own travel costs - minimal given that I live within 2 hours of both borders.

Finally, do I have to stay in Cambodia or Laos for 2 days or can it be done on a day trip?

When I went to Cambodia, (I went by plane to Phnom Pehn, THB 15.200 return, with Bangok Airways). 

I had to pay US$ 25 for av E-visa to Cambodia. I went to the Thai Embassy. It was US$ 25 for a 60 day Tourist Visa. Gave them the papers in the morning, got the Visa in the afternoon the next day. Then it was US$ 20 or 25 to travel out of the airport. This was in March 2008.

Edited by thaiphoon

The reason why honorary consulates appear to be more helpful in issuing visas is because their income in linked to each visa issued. Unlike embassies/consulates they do not receive Thai government funding.

Both the honorary consulates at Perth and Brisbane will issue multiple entry Non-O visa on the basis of visiting friends, but recent rule changes at those honorary consulates now call for sight of signed copy of Thai friend ID card/passport as part of application papers.

no letter or copy of id from your girlfriend is required,just sign the self certify form pay your money and away you go...the easiest option by far for you now.

I'm afraid you're dead wrong there buddy :D - my own experience from Perth is that they require you have a letter and a copy of his/her Thai ID. Why fly all the way to Perth (or Hull) and gamble - it's NOT that difficult to get a letter and a Thai ID - I'm sure you have many Thai friends. :)