Cheeseburgers & Chips In Mukdahan

Tagaa

I've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but never quite seem to get around to it. I found a relatively new restaurant in Mukdahan, right around the corner from the Ploy Palace & Mukdahan Grande Hotels. It is on the road between the 2 hotels (& within a block of either one) that goes up to the night market. It is called K.C.I. Hamburger & is close to the computer shop & next to a doctors office. It is a single shop house, next door to an older double shop house Thai restaurant that most people know. Na & her helper Jan both speak English. She has a menu for farang food & Thai food in English. Proper tables & chairs with table cloths.

I usually order the bacon cheese burger with onion rings, very good. She also make an excellent Pat Got Pow Gung. Be sure to tell her pet nit noy. I did eat breakfast there a few times; eggs, bacon, toast & jam, just like I used to make at home.

The owners name is Na. If you want take out, just call her @ 0817296371 or 042613901.

Oh, I almost forgot. She gets the Bangkok Post everydayShe has a PC, so if you are eating or drinking there & want to check your e-mail or search something, she will let you use the PC no charge. She will also play western or Thai music (on request) & put the telly on the footie if you want.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry guys, I don't have a GPS & the only person that I know that has one is out of town for 3 months.

But again, if you can find the Ploy Palace & Mukdahan Grands hotels, you can throw a rock & hit it. Just call her when you get to town & she can direct you there. Her # again is 081 7296371.

If i can get a GPS fix, I'll be happy to post it for you.

Sorry guys, I don't have a GPS & the only person that I know that has one is out of town for 3 months.

But again, if you can find the Ploy Palace & Mukdahan Grands hotels, you can throw a rock & hit it. Just call her when you get to town & she can direct you there. Her # again is 081 7296371.

If i can get a GPS fix, I'll be happy to post it for you.

I just tryed to find it from Google maps but cant locate thoe hotels even Ploy Palace web side do not have they location map and most of the info in Thai.

do you have road name for that burger joint? then it might be possible to fid from GE or Google maps

I finally found out the address...69/4 Songnangsathit Rd.

This is the same road that Immigration & the night market is on. If you were at immigration, walk away from the river toward town, pass the Krung Thai Bank & Tops Grocery (this is where the night market gets set up) & go about 2 city blocks & it is on the left, just before the intersection where you would turn left to go to the Ploy Palace. Like I said, if you can't find it, call Na & she will direct you or can talk to a tuk tuk driver for you. 081 729 6371

I finally found out the address...69/4 Songnangsathit Rd.

This is the same road that Immigration & the night market is on. If you were at immigration, walk away from the river toward town, pass the Krung Thai Bank & Tops Grocery (this is where the night market gets set up) & go about 2 city blocks & it is on the left, just before the intersection where you would turn left to go to the Ploy Palace. Like I said, if you can't find it, call Na & she will direct you or can talk to a tuk tuk driver for you. 081 729 6371

Tagaa

ok,, i looked again and now i think i know ABOUT where it might be

Goole Earth shows GPS cordinates as follows,

Lat. 16.542494

Long 104.724046

or

+16° 32' 33.28", +104° 43' 23.63"

Remember for GPS users, you hav to change your Sett up to see it correctly...

Edited by MarcoH

Thanks for your efforts. I'm sure Na will be grateful.

Just a work of caution,,,

MeMock went there with GPS and coun't NOT find it,,,as i said in original post "About" where it might be,, should be anywhere near by on those,,,or NOT,,

That's why I didn't use the coordinate from Google Earth. I went to Google Earth, determined the GPS coordinate for my house & entered it back into Google Earth & it showed I lived in the middle of a paddy rai ~ a kilometer due West of here. So I don't give out a GPS fix unless it COMES FROM a GPS unit.

Just use the Issan GPS. Get Na on the phone, have her talk to a tuk tuk driver, give him 20 Bt & he will lead you directly to the spot in the shortest time & distance possible. Much cheaper than a "store bought" GPS, in Issan anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, been there a few times now. Nice menu, good prices and friendly staff.

Normally one or two English speaking foreigner dropping in for a beer and a chat.

See you there soon!!

When I,m In MUkdahan,i use Na,s(very friendly lady and staff) at least once a day for breakfast or a decent burger and a cold beer or two.The Thai food is also good,so no problem taking a Thai there and all at a resonable price,recommended.

was for 2 weeks up at MUK, love the place. Lovely staf and greet food, and afcourse nice cold bbeer

Thank you ger we all miss you too.

Thank you for every body say nice thing for my restaurant.<snip>

Edited by toptuan
Only paid sponsors may advertise their own wares & services. Great if everybody else recommends you, though!

I'm about to hours from Mukdhan but I get up there twice a week for two days at time. This restaurant is the nicest one I have found in a long time. I have ordered off both the Thai and Western menue. Excellant. The place is clean, comfortable and friendly.

Na, the owner, is one nice lady. Her english is quite good and she makes you feel that she is glad that you are there.

I highly recommend you try this restaurant when you're in Mukdahan.

Stopped in this morning for bacon and eggs with beans and toast .... it was just what I needed. I brought the whole fam damily back for lunch. Six adults and a kid and the bill was just about $25 CND. The food was great. Na is very pleasant. Everyone is friendly. The coordinates are correct above. It's just around the corner from the Ploy Palace Hotel. I mean it's literally just around the corner. From the front door go left to the first intersection and then go right to the second shop ... say hello you're there.

Here's a sat map that makes it easier to see all the buildings. http://alturl.com/gkir

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by eng911

Sounds like KC's is a great place and I should stop by...but I usually call in next door at the A1-1 Restaurant where I've been going for years. They do an excellent large Rib Eye (pon yang kum) Steak which I always order topped with kai dao. They even let me take my own red wine in to drink as they don't sell wine.

Now it would look like an act of betrayal if they saw me munching a burger next door!!

Mai Pen Rai...cheeseburger here I come :)

(I really do recommend the Rib Eye next door though)

Sounds like KC's is a great place and I should stop by...but I usually call in next door at the A1-1 Restaurant where I've been going for years. They do an excellent large Rib Eye (pon yang kum) Steak which I always order topped with kai dao. They even let me take my own red wine in to drink as they don't sell wine.

Now it would look like an act of betrayal if they saw me munching a burger next door!!

Mai Pen Rai...cheeseburger here I come :D

Thank you for comment,you is great customer at next door,i agree Big Rib Eye,my restaurant have Cheese Burger,I open 8 month,I try to do Good thing for my customer.

Thank you,k.c.i.N :):D:D:D a

Thank you for comment,you is great customer at next door,i agree Big Rib Eye,my restaurant have Cheese Burger,I open 8 month,I try to do Good thing for my customer.

I was there last week with my Thai wife and kids, I can certainly recommend the restaurant. They even gave my kids free ice cream at the end of the meal.

Craig

Mai Pen Rai...cheeseburger here I come :)

I have been going to KCI since they opened. I know what you mean about betrayl. I hope that you do try out KCI.You'll find that they are friendly and the food is excellent. They do sell more then cheeseburgers. They also have steak and many other items. Put on a pair of sun glasses and stop by.