'blacklist'

Hi,

I have recently had to leave Thailand; due to a relationship with a Thai girl going sour!

She threatened me with getting my name put on the 'blacklist', and being prevented from entering the kingdom ever again.

The girl in question is reasonably 'connected', and she proved to me, on various occasions that she was capable of this kind of action, or should I say, that she did show me that this was indeed, the way her mind worked.

That is the reason why I wanted to get out of the relationship.

I have lived in Thailand for quite a long time, and I am more than aware of what is possible and what they are capable of, especially when 'face' has been lost!

I am wanting to return to Thailand later in 2010 (Why? I sometimes ask myself, and obviously with no intention of going anywhere near the 'ex') and I am worrying that she may have gone through with her threat.

Does anybody know if there are any ways of checking to see if I am on the list?

Can a consulate here in the UK furnish me with such information?

This is really stressing me out, and causing many a sleepless night!

Any advice (serious only please) would be greatly appreciated.

All the best to you all for the new year.

rgds

Can't happen.

You get on the "blacklist" through being convicted of a crime, and by the judge ordering it.

Not by somebody holding a grudge against you.

It can happen in some Asean country! You need not commit a crime! You may be seen to take liberties with their women, especially if the society is old fashioned for religious reasons.

An easy way to check is to apply for a visa and if you are turned down, then you are on the blacklist!

However, such penalties are not forever,maybe a few years. If you fool around with a Muslim woman and is caught in a compromising situation, and you do not intend to marry her or do not intend to convert through marriage, than you can be booted out and be blacklisted!

An easy way to check is to apply for a visa and if you are turned down, then you are on the blacklist!

However, if you get a visa, you may discover on arrival that you are indeed blacklisted! A heroin-smuggler previously convicted and jailed in Thailand recently discovered that for herself.

There are a lot of ifs;

If you commit a serious crime or at least one that qualifies for the blacklist, then yes you might get blacklisted. However, that assumes that;

i) You have been convicted of the offense.

ii) Once convicted, the long delay to key in the info to the database is avoided,

iii) A copy of all vital info has been recorded including your passport number and edata,

The chances of you having made the blacklist is 0%.

If the immigration authorities agreed to every demand made by some "connected" woman, the officers would be working 24/7 on blacklisting men that ran afoul of the ladies.

Relax. Come back and use the bad experience to avoid a repeat. Don't be like me and make the same errors over and over :)

However, if you get a visa, you may discover on arrival that you are indeed blacklisted! A heroin-smuggler previously convicted and jailed in Thailand recently discovered that for herself.

in the case of the heroin-smuggler... she deserved it - but still didn't answer the OP's question i.e: can someone put him on the blacklist for no reason at all?? The answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try Sunbelt Asia. They charged a mate of mine B2,000 to check if his name was on it. This was 3-4 years ago, though!

Too unreliable. The updates are a bit spasmodic. Get a Thai Consulate in the UK to check the up to date updates at the Embassy in London as part of a visa application. Unless she was a superstar, something like the blacklist would not be a

thing she could influence at all.

Can't happen.

You get on the "blacklist" through being convicted of a crime, and by the judge ordering it.

Not by somebody holding a grudge against you.

It can happen in some Asean country! You need not commit a crime! You may be seen to take liberties with their women, especially if the society is old fashioned for religious reasons.

However, such penalties are not forever,maybe a few years. If you fool around with a Muslim woman and is caught in a compromising situation, and you do not intend to marry her or do not intend to convert through marriage, than you can be booted out and be blacklisted!

Sorry but this is not true you may have applied and got a visa but this does not mean that one is not blacklisted.

One thing is sure though: one cannot be blaclisted over a phone call by an angry jilted girlfriend.

When one is refused the entry in a country you might find that the officer will want to know (ask you) why, as there is only a warning then they will present you with an official endorsement if any, and that would definitly backfire if taken to your country's representative's, otherwise nothing to worry

No way anyone could do that (at least for such trivial motive)

Come and enjoy

Thanks everyone for your advice.

I must admit it has made me feel more positive.

I was also thinking that when i applied for a visa here in the UK, the consulate would check for 'blacklisted people', but as pointed out by one of the posters; the recent case of the ex-heroin smuggling convict, who returned to Thialnd on a visa, but was refused entry, suggests that maybe consulates don't have access.

This post is 100% genuine for any doubters!!

The girl in question has a very close family friend, who is connected to the royal police. Infact, he used to work directly for the 'son of the main man', if you get where I'm coming from!

Again thanks for the advice.

All the best for 2010.

Thats another 10 in LOs thats passed us by!

rgds

Edited by nowandthen

Get a Thai Consulate in the UK to check the up to date updates at the Embassy in London as part of a visa application.

I am not sure the embassies have access.

I know of someone who is on the black list received a visa from Australia,

but was turned back when he arrived in Thailand.

From replies in the thread sounds like you can't get blacklisted without a court order, but if you want to be absolutely certain just go to a Thai Embassy and apply for a tourist visa (I believe they are currently free), and if you are approved double check by asking them if that means you are not blacklisted (possibility you could be approved and then turned away when you arrive in Thailand, that would suck)

Typically a person gets blacklisted for committing a crime. Even something as small as shop lifting or being caught with a very very small packet of weed.

It is ordered by a court!

It is possible for an influential person to "arrange" for a persons blacklisting, but a good lawyer can then go to court and ask for a record of why the person in question was blacklisted! When no court order materialises authorising blacklisting and no grounds for the blacklisting emerges, the court will order the person be removed from the blacklist and they are free to come and go to Thailand at will.

BB

I would like to ask if your ex actually has your passport info? Unless she has a copy of your info page and visa, I don't see how she could go through with her threat. Sounds like she uses the same line with all her boy friends, and I bet there are many, so I wouldn't worry about her. BTW, is it possible to hire a private detective in Thailand? Sounds like one might be useful here.

Not all embassy personnel up date their S-list religiously.Sometimes the S-list updates are received late. So if you happen to apply for a visa during that window period before the up-dates are done, you may be issued with a visa.

However, at the point of entry, the immigration authorities do scan your name against their list and theirs is up-to-date. You will then be refused entry and held until you can get the next flight out!

From replies in the thread sounds like you can't get blacklisted without a court order, but if you want to be absolutely certain just go to a Thai Embassy and apply for a tourist visa (I believe they are currently free), and if you are approved double check by asking them if that means you are not blacklisted (possibility you could be approved and then turned away when you arrive in Thailand, that would suck)

You do not need a court order to be black-listed. If there are negative reports about you that you are a known arms smuggler, a drug smuggler, a human trafficker,a scam artists, a known cheat,a possible terrorist, you can be black listed. Such reports are routinely received by the police authorities and are forwarded to the Home Ministry. If the police intelligence unit recommends that you should be barred from entry, then you are black listed.Everything is based on their perception about whether you are a threat to their society or the scurity of their country! All countries adopt this approach!

in the case of the heroin-smuggler... she deserved it - but still didn't answer the OP's question i.e: can someone put him on the blacklist for no reason at all?? The answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt if she can, but I know it can be done. :):D:D

A person i know is blacklisted

He has never got convicted by any court.

He has never talked to the police.

He has never see then "investigation"

He paid 2000 THB to see a print from immigration and you can see the black list there but nothing else.

He is still in Thailand trying to find out why. But it is pretty impossible because of the there is nothing to find out.

So YES a girl with the right connections can actually black list you but it i do not think this girl did it. If you are unsure ask Sunbelt or any other lawyer to check for you.

A visa Thailand does not mean you can get in, the Embassy do not check they only check the list when you stand in the airport so its cheaper to check before.

Of course it's possible. She can go to a police station, particularly if she's well connected, and accuse him for any crime. If he's not in the country, he'll never know that there's a trial against him and not be informed about the outcome. If I remember correctly, that was what happened to the Australian guy who wrote a book and was charge with lèse majesté. He didn't know anything until he was arrested upon arrival in Thailand.

Of course it's possible. She can go to a police station, particularly if she's well connected, and accuse him for any crime. If he's not in the country, he'll never know that there's a trial against him and not be informed about the outcome. If I remember correctly, that was what happened to the Australian guy who wrote a book and was charge with lèse majesté. He didn't know anything until he was arrested upon arrival in Thailand.

that moron wanted to get arrested he worked in Thailand for many years and even spoke Thai he knew very well THEY were off subject and still he wrote about them. He did not get blacklisted he have les majeste